Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kevin should chime in anytime he is the resident expert on the Denver area. Might want to take that sluice it will move a lot more dirt that a pan.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No permits needed! Lots of places to dig. Life is good in Denver!
Check out my blog for places to dig: www.findinggoldincolorado.com

Lucky you, I've been writing it since November so it's all metro Denver so far. The mountain info will come soon as the snow melts in the high country :)

PS GPAA ain't worth much here in CO. Sorry to say.

HardHatMatt

Mar 15, 2016
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For a first outing, I would highly recommend the Araphaoe Bar of Clear Creek located at about 42nd and Youngfield in Wheatridge, one of Denver's western suburbs.

Gold Panning | Wheat Ridge, CO - Official Website

It's very accessible, the boundaries are clearly marked so there is no guessing where you are free to prospect...and most importantly, there is gold to be found in almost every pan. No reason not to bring your sluice unless you are just hoping to hone your panning skills...which is a great way to go if it's your first time.

You're bound to run into lots of other prospectors, most of whom will be more than happy to give advice or just talk your ear off. We are lucky to have such a place right here in the middle of the city. Enjoy!

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For a first outing, I would highly recommend the Araphaoe Bar of Clear Creek located at about 42nd and Youngfield in Wheatridge,

For future reference, If I get the chance to get back up there, hopefully this summer.. How far from the AppleJacks is the infamous Araphaoe bar?

HardHatMatt

Mar 15, 2016
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For future reference, If I get the chance to get back up there, hopefully this summer.. How far from the AppleJacks is the infamous Araphaoe bar?

Parking for the Arapahoe Bar is just a few blocks north of AppleJacks on Youngfield; you cross under I70 on a bicycle/jogging path to reach the prospecting park on the west side of the highway.

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
Hey Bible, Denver has probably the best prospecting community in the country! Shoot me a PM if you want some company! I'd love to show you the ropes!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread