Trump Save the miners

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got bombed about a speech Trump gave, I think yesterday or the day before, where Trump gave a speech to save the miners. I don't follow this stuff much or watch the news and all of their sound bites but I might want to hear/read this. Anyone have a link or know what speech this was part of?

TIA

ratled

Upvote 0

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
But I think things will pick up in the summer when more people start barbecuing.[emoji6]

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, there's nothing quite like a ribeye cooked over an anthrecite fire LOL

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lived near Denali nat'nl park for several summers. There's a village north called Healy. Coal mining village. I remember at the time hearing that the majority of it is sent to Korea. Every July 4th there is a party at a place called Ferry. You have to cross a railroad bridge on foot to get to it. it is right next to the tracks everytime a coal train goes by you moon it and shoot pop rockets at it...the guys and the train hooted and actually loved it and all of us had a grat time if you imagine. Could you be that guy that hauled those farbanks and back runs over and over? I bet they got as excited about the fourth coming up as all of us did.

You could see the coal seams in the bluff's if you drove out a road ther is an old pit e'd have fires and fish for greyling in the pond that filled the pit the ground as black.

Coal is gonna be used for a long time. i believe politics in mining is just a shifting of money like is seen in all the other industries. Even if there is some eco-naz railing against something . Its seems like there are only a couple degrees of seperation from the political group or SLANT back to some industry lobbyist and corporate connection that just stands to make a lot of money....and he is on the side that is technically against himself!

If only a hanful of companies can mine and prices go up their profits outpace the punitve regulation. They look at it as a math problem on paper. If you have to remove some variables and exponents to make the math more in your favor you need politicians. Politicans MUST have money.

Even as Killary spews her anti-dirty industry rant...someone she knows or someone ho knows them is making a killing on coal because some form of competition has been degraded.

In one town she touts how she is there to help the kids in a coal town...the next day down river where the towns economy is tourism she will tell the citizens in a town hall what she is doing to get rid of coal mining so the river will be clean and the air clear when the tourists come to spend their money.

the problem is today politicians are so buried in the system they love that they forget that the inlaws live in the coal town and your kids own a cafe in touristville and people are still connected and sick of this crap and more and more people are calling them on their:censored:

I gaurantee if we keep it up and make our voices heard in the ballot box we will have way more positve effects on all of our situations. (more positive than any armed takeover can ever be , Eh hem!!)

Last edited:

OwenT

Feb 11, 2015
Moses Lake WA & Provo UT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They are huge and employ thousands of people. You shut those down? Those towns are gone! It is the only thing supporting some area's. Same in Alabama and I'm sure many other places! Can't be done! Shutting those down like she talks about? would be A mess and effect a lot of families! From miners, trains,trucks,barges,equipment and tools,towns,business's etc....And the people behind her cheering! Have no clue what they are even cheering for! It's like a cult type following! :laughing7:

Quick search and the number I saw was about 80,000 jobs in US coal. Take any candidate and you probably couldn't get them to say "we're going to destroy tens of thousands of jobs" but it's mining so apparently it's okay.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quick search and the number I saw was about 80,000 jobs in US coal. Take any candidate and you probably couldn't get them to say "we're going to destroy tens of thousands of jobs" but it's mining so apparently it's okay.
Economists have determined that for every primary job , there are at least 7 secondary jobs created. That's why when a company , say Carrier, moves to Mexico it devastates entire communities.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I drive for uber in the Denver metro area and I drive lots of Eco-nazis. I love telling them about my panning hobby because they freak out on me. Then I get to tell them how everything they eat, own and use is because of mining. They then say we don't eat rocks or wear rocks. I then point out their synthetic fiber shirt(from petroleum), the salad they had for lunch(from potash and petro fertilizer) and the lights at there house( from coal/nuclear/gas). By the end of the ride I usually can convince about the positives of mining. But some are so rabid and lost nothing gets through.

Might want to remind them that the eco Tesla car is built from mined coal.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...869240-734b-11e5-ba14-318f8e87a2fc_story.html

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need to take my tools and go mine a vein of some good green coal for my forge. I am almost out and most has turned to coke.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Each action has an opposite reaction......Save the earth from global warming by fossil fuel emissions (their goal) but let the people starve or freeze to death in the dark (sun doesn't shine all the time and the wind doesn't always blow but they may get welfare). Side note: Did you read about the new ruling favoring wind generators and the resulting death sentence for more bald and golden eagles? Their justification (loose interpretation) is that we have enough already. Sick!

Last edited:

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coal slag is what we get sand blast media from.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I never thought of using it as a medium for my sandblaster . I would need to borrow one of ya'lls gold crushing machines I think.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Black Beauty... Is what we used, actually a lot of places don't even allow you to use sand anymore. Geez....That brings up bad memories of choking on that crap! Coughing like crazy! Worked for a place that we blasted and painted heavy equipment with nothing more than a paper mask and a face shield. The pot had to be moved with a backhoe or big fork lift,had a tag along diesel compressor we would have pallets of silica sand siting there lined up dumping it by the bags when it was empty, sand in places on your body you had no idea how it got there, arms and any exposed skin tore up from it bouncing back or bad hoses or connections!:laughing7:I was young and dumb and didn't know any better to tell them to pound sand! It took a toll on my lungs for sure! I'll pay for that in a few more years!??? At one point towards the end of me working there they switched to slag! That was a huge difference, still got the rust clouds though! But the blasting abrasive wasn't as dusty.

TNmountains...That makes me laugh! Every time my dad gets new coal for his forge he cooks it(or whatever he does, I thought he was making coke to use) the last time I was up there, he had the area full of this choking smoke! But.....He's also one of these "we are going to be under water if we don't stop pollution guys" Go figure! :laughing7: Argue with me about how we have to do our part to stop global warming....But choke the place for a half mile to pound out a nail or curly thing to hang a plant on?:icon_scratch:

Last edited:

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Black Beauty... Is what we used, actually a lot of places don't even allow you to use sand anymore. Geez....That brings up bad memories of choking on that crap! Coughing like crazy! Worked for a place what we blasted equipment with nothing more than a paper mask and a face shield. The pot had to be moved with a backhoe or big fork lift, we would have pallets of silica sand siting there, sand in places on your body you had no idea how it got there!:laughing7:I was young and dumb and didn't know any better! It took a toll on my lungs for sure! I'll pay for that in a few more years!???

You mean like blowing off asbestos brake dust with compressed air during brake jobs? Yeah! I have to watch that guy saying "what is mesothelioma? How did I get this disease? What are my options?

And even tho I've been there, done that..I'm still alive, doing fine so I don't get a cent. But yet...I have to see him on TV DAILY! UGH!

Sorry for the thread jack

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Black Beauty... Is what we used, actually a lot of places don't even allow you to use sand anymore. Geez....That brings up bad memories of choking on that crap! Coughing like crazy! Worked for a place that we blasted and painted heavy equipment with nothing more than a paper mask and a face shield. The pot had to be moved with a backhoe or big fork lift,had a tag along diesel compressor we would have pallets of silica sand siting there lined up dumping it by the bags when it was empty, sand in places on your body you had no idea how it got there, arms and any exposed skin tore up from it bouncing back or bad hoses or connections!:laughing7:I was young and dumb and didn't know any better to tell them to pound sand! It took a toll on my lungs for sure! I'll pay for that in a few more years!??? At one point towards the end of me working there they switched to slag! That was a huge difference, still got the rust clouds though! But the blasting abrasive wasn't as dusty.

TNmountains...That makes me laugh! Every time my dad gets new coal for his forge he cooks it(or whatever he does, I thought he was making coke to use) the last time I was up there, he had the area full of this choking smoke! But.....He's also one of these "we are going to be under water if we don't stop pollution guys" Go figure! :laughing7: Argue with me about how we have to do our part to stop global warming....But choke the place for a half mile to pound out a nail or curly thing to hang a plant on?:icon_scratch:

I don't know why either, but this all makes me LOL too.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At one point the State of NH DES wanted us to recycle it! They couldn't tell us who took it? So at a training they asked us what we did with it everybody said the same thing DUMPSTER!!! The state just about had a stroke LOL! But they still couldn't tell us who took it.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I never thought of using it as a medium for my sandblaster . I would need to borrow one of ya'lls gold crushing machines I think.

Hmm...didn't know anyone still crushed gold nowdays. :laughing9:

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe the Crissom mine in GA. is still a stamp mill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread