Trump Save the miners - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree185Likes

Thread: Trump Save the miners

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    4469 times
    I see most of these wacoenviromentalists being youg and colledge people EAGER to be rebellious and against the gubermint! I think to some extent everyone goes through this phase but get out of it eventually when they finnaly do realize whats up and who is pulling whos leg ! A great book to read is :Setup and sold out By (if I remember correctly) Holly Swenson . That book ROCKED my ole bones!

us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Arizona
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Gold Pans, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Shaker table etc
    4135 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Trump is also looking to rein in the power of the EPA.

us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Arizona
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Gold Pans, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Shaker table etc
    4135 times
    Another plus for us prospectors and miners.....

Trump is also looking to rein in the power of the EPA
    By cutting their funding.

“Environmental Protection, what they do is a disgrace. Every week they come out with new regulations.”
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b02f6a900cc0e7
    Last edited by Goodyguy; May 05, 2016 at 06:23 AM.

us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Arizona
    4135 times
    Trump is also going after the BLM!

“The BLM controls over 85 percent of the land in Nevada. In the rural areas, those who for decades have had access to public lands for ranching, mining, logging and energy development are forced to deal with arbitrary and capricious rules that are influenced by special interests that profit from the D.C. rule-making and who fill the campaign coffers of Washington politicians,”

“Honest, hardworking citizens who seek freedom and economic independence must beg for deference from a federal government that is more intent on power and control than it is in serving the citizens of the nation.”

Trump: BLM ?damaging economy,? ?impediment to growth? Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
    Last edited by Goodyguy; May 05, 2016 at 06:35 AM.

us
    Aug 2010
    Maine USA
    333 times
    I am not going to get into politics here, but I believe that the wrong choice in November will mean people can kiss their gold pans and guns goodbye.

us
    Apr 2009
    1551 times
    Looked for statistics on world coal consumption. Could only find them to the year 2010. It was going down. Don't know statistics from then to now.
    Aufisher likes this.

us
    Apr 2009
    1551 times
    Could be part of the general over all world economy.
    Aufisher likes this.

us
    Apr 2009
    1551 times
    But I think things will pick up in the summer when more people start barbecuing.
    Aufisher likes this.

us
    Mar 2012
    1640 times
    Yeah, there's nothing quite like a ribeye cooked over an anthrecite fire LOL

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    12003 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    I lived near Denali nat'nl park for several summers. There's a village north called Healy. Coal mining village. I remember at the time hearing that the majority of it is sent to Korea. Every July 4th there is a party at a place called Ferry. You have to cross a railroad bridge on foot to get to it. it is right next to the tracks everytime a coal train goes by you moon it and shoot pop rockets at it...the guys and the train hooted and actually loved it and all of us had a grat time if you imagine. Could you be that guy that hauled those farbanks and back runs over and over? I bet they got as excited about the fourth coming up as all of us did.

You could see the coal seams in the bluff's if you drove out a road ther is an old pit e'd have fires and fish for greyling in the pond that filled the pit the ground as black.

Coal is gonna be used for a long time. i believe politics in mining is just a shifting of money like is seen in all the other industries. Even if there is some eco-naz railing against something . Its seems like there are only a couple degrees of seperation from the political group or SLANT back to some industry lobbyist and corporate connection that just stands to make a lot of money....and he is on the side that is technically against himself!

If only a hanful of companies can mine and prices go up their profits outpace the punitve regulation. They look at it as a math problem on paper. If you have to remove some variables and exponents to make the math more in your favor you need politicians. Politicans MUST have money.

Even as Killary spews her anti-dirty industry rant...someone she knows or someone ho knows them is making a killing on coal because some form of competition has been degraded.

In one town she touts how she is there to help the kids in a coal town...the next day down river where the towns economy is tourism she will tell the citizens in a town hall what she is doing to get rid of coal mining so the river will be clean and the air clear when the tourists come to spend their money.

the problem is today politicians are so buried in the system they love that they forget that the inlaws live in the coal town and your kids own a cafe in touristville and people are still connected and sick of this crap and more and more people are calling them on their

I gaurantee if we keep it up and make our voices heard in the ballot box we will have way more positve effects on all of our situations. (more positive than any armed takeover can ever be , Eh hem!!)
    Last edited by Goldwasher; May 06, 2016 at 09:17 AM.

us
    Feb 2015
    Moses Lake WA & Provo UT
    596 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitric View Post
    They are huge and employ thousands of people. You shut those down? Those towns are gone! It is the only thing supporting some area's. Same in Alabama and I'm sure many other places! Can't be done! Shutting those down like she talks about? would be A mess and effect a lot of families! From miners, trains,trucks,barges,equipment and tools,towns,business's etc....And the people behind her cheering! Have no clue what they are even cheering for! It's like a cult type following!
    Quick search and the number I saw was about 80,000 jobs in US coal. Take any candidate and you probably couldn't get them to say "we're going to destroy tens of thousands of jobs" but it's mining so apparently it's okay.
    Aufisher and Nitric like this.

us
    FIRE...Financially Independent Retired Early. Poor but free!

Feb 2013
    Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
    Teknetics Alpha 2000
    4092 times
    Prospecting
    I been there too Goldwasher. Biggest trucks you've ever seen and if that wasn't enuf to get your attention...how about those random pieces of coal laying alongside the road on fire!
    OwenT and Goldwasher like this.
    We don't fight for gain. We fight for what is rightfully ours.

Just another supporter of Land Matters http://www.mylandmatters.org/ The one stop place for mining matters on public lands!

CA prospectors check here http://www.mylandmatters.org/Donate/Gift1.html

A recent study found that there are just too many studies being done.

us
    Mar 2012
    1640 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OwenT View Post
    Quick search and the number I saw was about 80,000 jobs in US coal. Take any candidate and you probably couldn't get them to say "we're going to destroy tens of thousands of jobs" but it's mining so apparently it's okay.
    Economists have determined that for every primary job , there are at least 7 secondary jobs created. That's why when a company , say Carrier, moves to Mexico it devastates entire communities.
    arizau, OwenT and Nitric like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2009
    South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
    Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot Neodymium magnets 5' Probe
    8482 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunked68w View Post
    I drive for uber in the Denver metro area and I drive lots of Eco-nazis. I love telling them about my panning hobby because they freak out on me. Then I get to tell them how everything they eat, own and use is because of mining. They then say we don't eat rocks or wear rocks. I then point out their synthetic fiber shirt(from petroleum), the salad they had for lunch(from potash and petro fertilizer) and the lights at there house( from coal/nuclear/gas). By the end of the ride I usually can convince about the positives of mining. But some are so rabid and lost nothing gets through.
    Might want to remind them that the eco Tesla car is built from mined coal.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...2fc_story.html
    Please read our rules and enjoy the site. TreasureNet.com Rules

All finds posted by me are from private property with landowner permission.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2009
    South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
    Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot Neodymium magnets 5' Probe
    8482 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    I need to take my tools and go mine a vein of some good green coal for my forge. I am almost out and most has turned to coke.
    Nitric, DizzyDigger and ClaimStake like this.
    Please read our rules and enjoy the site. TreasureNet.com Rules

All finds posted by me are from private property with landowner permission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links