788 cfs -Safe To Snipe?

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know some one who hits the area often. They are doing good, but, have been doing this for years. When i saw him the other day he looked plumb wore out. Told me they had been nfar...IT HAD BEEN RAINY our creek came up so im thinking you crazy *******s...I asked him how was the water ..(with my you crazy *******s undertone)

His reply..COLD AND HIGH.....I believed him!!!! One has a wet suit one has a dry suit I guess the current is a bit of a pain.

They actually like the fact that they are hitting HIGHER cracks that are not usually in the water..so there is that!

Don't go alone dude

Last edited:
OP
OP
SchoolOfHardRocks

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
I know some one who hits the area often. They are doing good, but, have been doing this for years. When i saw him the other day he looked plumb wore out. Told me they had been nfar...IT HAD BEEN RAINY our creek came up so im thinking you crazy *******s...I aked him how was the water ..(with my you crazy *******s undertone)

His reply..COLD AND HIGH.....I believed him!!!! One has a wet suit one has a dry suit I guess the current is a bit of a pain.

They actually like the fact that they are hitting HIGHER cracks that are not usually in the water..so there is that!

Don't go alone dude

Thanks for the info. I probably would have went solo so thanks for the warning -probably not the safest thing to do. I think I will head out tomorrow and continue working an area where I'm averaging a gram a day and see the river conditions before committing to sniping in the water.

AU_Solitude

Feb 24, 2014
Vacaville CA
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GBII, Geo Picks & Hammers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You can't effectively swim in above ~640 Cfs, I would be surprised if NFAR is running below 1000 cfs yet. Short answer would be to just play it safe and wait.

infotraker

Dec 20, 2013
Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites mxt
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Most of the bedrock areas I have sniped on the n. Fork are currently to deep underwater and the water is running fast. I am going to wait several more weeks.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Work the banks and don't feed the crawdads as seen enough happen there over the years to last a lifetime already. Err on caution side always ESPECIALLY ALONE-John

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not Yet. You don't want to get wedged into something by the current. There have been crashing surges on it the last few weeks which are scary just working the edge. The Bear is at 450 which would be safer and its flatter but still a lot of flow.

Last edited:

infotraker

Dec 20, 2013
Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites mxt
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I tried sniping at the bear on a gold hound outing a week ago. Very fast and cold water. Most of the bedrock areas were to deep for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread