nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like it's time to find a new place to mine. My mining partner has turned. One hot spot we had we both agreed to keep to ourselves just sluice it to make it last for the season. It has plenty of gold well HAD plenty! I went up this week-end to mine with him I get there OMG! He's down there got 3 dredges going sucking dirt like mad men. I'm trying to dig and their telling me where to go as soon as I got onto some they jump right in and take over. Seems like he just wants to get everything all at once. I know he's been there a couple of times with out me no biggie had back issues. I did manage to squeak out a half of a gram. I kinda feel betrayed by him going back on his word but that is human nature. The only problem I have now is I have to find another river no matter where I go on the Wild Am. I'll be seen and that spot will be gone also. He's jumped a couple other spots after seeing some one else in a spot. Seems like greed has got the best of him. Advice? Should I cut ties and run I feel bad cause I like him as a person but mining now is a different story.

Upvote 0

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Common problem...I've stopped talking to several people after I found out they went back to areas I showed them. areas I researched and sampled first. The one that pissed me off most was when dude was like hey I saw your stuff stashed in that one spot. Basically,I went back to where you took me before and by the way I took someone else with me...oh and even though we had to pass your house to get there I didn't bother to call and invite you. Pretty weak if you ask me....And Seems like those type are the one's who are like "look what I got detecting the other day"...oh, but I'm sworn to secrecy about the location"...yet, they are more than willing to take your info and run with it.
I have a great partner now and don't plan on adding anymore. Not that I won't invite people or dig with them. But, a partner is a different thing.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Why keep a friend you can't trust?

OP
OP
nh.nugget

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had been mining for several years now but now is time to say good bye. Everytime I went I would call to see if he wanted to go but never took any one to any of our spots just out of courtesy. Just seems disrespectfull on his part. Now it seems like he wants it all for himself and a couple others that dredge. Looks like a seek and destroy mission. I've got a couple other spots I'm looking at on a different river hopefully they will pan out LOL! Hate to abandon that river but I can't have my truck seen on the side of the road. any new spots will be gone.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When the gold drys up if that possible on the Wild Am. I don"t know where the dredgers are going to go. Not many other places they can Dredge in N.H. Also hard to hide on the Wild A.M. Gold will bring out the worst in a lot of people. Even thought its basicly a hobby.He will have to find the gold himself now. It doesn"t take long for someone to move in on the good spots. Its right on the highway. "Bummer"

OP
OP
nh.nugget

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's getting tougher to find up there. Posted property, WMNF, there's more than one river with gold. And more than one road with a river. So I'll just have to go on a field trip and find another spot. No use in crying over spilled milk. Might even head towards maine.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
research some of the posted property, find a farmer or widow that could use some extra money and get an exclusive contract for access.

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd be asking when he was going to drop off my share of the gold and why it has taken so long already . I did not show him the spot for my or others entertainments/$ sake.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
It's a sad fact that this kind of thing happens all the time. I can't count how many times I've heard the same story. The bad part of it is that you trusted him and he has broken that trust.

Another thing working against you is that you can't file a claim in that area so not only your now ex-friend and his friends can work it as they wish, but so can any other Tom, Dick or Harry who happens to have a pan and the urge can hit it up as well. Once you find a new area.... keep it under your hat as long as possible!

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Tom, Dick or Harry with a pan would be ok. With their dredges not so much.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The same with hunting and fishing hot spots. A lot of us have learned the hard way. Live and learn,I just seem to live.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
research some of the posted property, find a farmer or widower that could use some extra money and get an exclusive contract for access.

I like that. It's a good idea. The world is not getting any more trustworthy.

Unless we establish relationships with those who do not wish to deal with it!

Bill_saf

Jul 3, 2014
w/c Illinois
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
or if you had a dredge be there at day light and hit as much of there holes as you can they did a lot of work already just need to cash in on it. I know im just not nice.

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used live in Northfield, New Hampshire while in high school. I really did not believe there is gold in your state. I recommend that you go up and down the same river, and I wish you the best. You are better off by yourself. He is no longer your friend, just a loser. Good panning for gold and good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread