OP
OP
reptwar1

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somebody mentioned that there is "very little gold in Arkansas".... The gold in the pan in my profile pic came from two 5 gallon buckets. I won't beg you to believe me though lol

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is ridiculous. do everyone a favor and go buy a test kit for 20 bucks. test your dust and then come back and apologize for ignoring all the advice given.

OP
OP
reptwar1

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I owe nobody an apology, as I have been polite and have no problem taking advice. Why every time I'm on here, there's someone like you? Lol

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes we still use burlap sheets and fish oil to capture many ounces of gold suspended in water.

Do a stannous chloride test to see if there is gold. The link shows how and also shows how to make poor mans aqua regia from materials available at most hardware stores.

http://www.goldrecovery.us/goldrecovery/documents/reactions.pdf

Look at #2 & #10

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I owe nobody an apology, as I have been polite and have no problem taking advice. Why every time I'm on here, there's someone like you? Lol

and by "you" I assume you mean. someone who actually knows what gold looks like?

good luck with your dustpan

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
This is ridiculous. do everyone a favor and go buy a test kit for 20 bucks. test your dust and then come back and apologize for ignoring all the advice given.

Nobody here needs to do any apologizing. We're all on here to 1) help others and 2) learn. We're all teachers and we're all students. Reptwar has been polite. No need to start taking an attitude against him. He said he'd test it after work ... so we wait. If there is gold, great. If not, too bad. Either way, we all just carry on with life.

OP
OP
reptwar1

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you kcm and everyone else that's been helpful. Took my dust to a local pawn/jeweler and he said it tested out at somewhere around 22k. Wonder what else could be in the gold. I have noticed that when I pan in this area, I see LOTS of silvery specs left at the top of my gold pan with the gold. Platinum maybe?

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Reptwar, glad the test came back positive for ya. Now all you gotta do is get some fish oil and put some samplers in the river - find out where (and WHEN) the gold is traveling best.

Only thing I ask is, no more abbreviations please. I don't nor have I ever texted. Your posts of 3 or so letters make no sense to someone like myself - a self-proclaimed, technical idiot! :tongue3:

HH (<-- THIS one I know!) :laughing7:

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you kcm and everyone else that's been helpful. Took my dust to a local pawn/jeweler and he said it tested out at somewhere around 22k. Wonder what else could be in the gold. I have noticed that when I pan in this area, I see LOTS of silvery specs left at the top of my gold pan with the gold. Platinum maybe?

You probably already know this but...Virtually all natural gold found or mined is not pure and copper and silver make up most of what is usually naturally alloyed with it. There are several other "contaminant" elements that are often associated with it but they usually only add up to a tiny fraction of the total weight. No clue about what the silvery specks are unless some gold particles have been coated/amalgamated with mercury or if there is enough silver or maybe nickel content to influence the coloration.

Good luck and hope you find a way to clean those cracks out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
reptwar1

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10-4 I mean OK :) I'm going to try to get ahold of some fish oil this weekend. And I do agree with you as far as finding exactly where the gold is traveling (surface or bottom)

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

any pics of this test?....

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't want to get caught cleaning out rotten cracks of a sidewalk that I didn't own. Take a lot of gold to pay for repairs.

It's kind of cool, but it will take magnitudes more gold to get something that will add up to something that you could weigh.
Think gold leaf...

I do wonder how so many pieces of micron gold came to be trapped in that one crack? Seems unlikely.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread