Crap... Crap.... Crap.... GOLD

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So last week I was out watching 1000's of yards of pay being excavated and sinking up
to my waist in nasty crap. This week we went back and started testing. I wanted to test
the "crap dirt" first, which is usually the clay and saprolite layers.
Bucket after bucket and the results were as expected. Pretty crappy
but some decent gems.
Grabbed a big pan of the good pay... that we'll run next week in the
SuperHog... and bam.... good colors.
You GOT TO TEST....
Fun day but tiring.

1.jpg

9.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats. Glad you are happy with your results! :occasion14:

GoldGoblin

Oct 20, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Gold bug pro, Specialized mining equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Doc , a quick question . What do you consider worth running when it's fine gold (very similar to what you have in the pan in size) I have a place not far from "your" excavation site . I am getting from 2 to 14 fly poop specks in a pan throughout the property . I have yet to hit any bedrock at 18 feet but have at least 3 layers of river gravel in several of the test holes . They range from 1 to 5 feet gravel layers . I can run 20 tph when the permits come in . Any idea what the gold yield would be per yard ? I have a geology report that states Au is .304 oz/ton .. but other than a drill test that I did in one spot that had nice gold , with that little fine flour gold it's hard to think it's accurate. Love your mats ! They catch even this small stuff. Paul

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nasty, nasty clay gobs you got there....don't bother working it, it's worthless. Truck it to me and I'll dispose of it, you pay shipping of course :laughing7:

Dem's some purty rocks you got there....but also worthless....send them here for recycling :occasion14:

OP
OP
G

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doc , a quick question . What do you consider worth running when it's fine gold (very similar to what you have in the pan in size) I have a place not far from "your" excavation site . I am getting from 2 to 14 fly poop specks in a pan throughout the property . I have yet to hit any bedrock at 18 feet but have at least 3 layers of river gravel in several of the test holes . They range from 1 to 5 feet gravel layers . I can run 20 tph when the permits come in . Any idea what the gold yield would be per yard ? I have a geology report that states Au is .304 oz/ton .. but other than a drill test that I did in one spot that had nice gold , with that little fine flour gold it's hard to think it's accurate. Love your mats ! They catch even this small stuff. Paul

I'd like to know where your site is, general area.
You can PM me or email if you want.
Color per pan testing depends on the area.
In GA or the southeast 2-10 colors... dig.
Best area I've ever worked in GA was testing 1 color every 3 pans on the surface.
On bedrock it was loaded.
In other areas with BIG WATER like BC / Canada or areas in CA or MT you may walk away
from an area if there's not at least 30 -40 fines in a pan.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like way too much fun!!

Thanks for the pictures!!!

What is the second picture down? We found something similar in look today....but more of....a crystal shape or sliver? I assumed quartz but not so sure...It's almost clear...As far as dirty rocks go.:laughing7:

OP
OP
G

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like way too much fun!!

Thanks for the pictures!!!

What is the second picture down? We found something similar in look today....but more of....a crystal shape or sliver? I assumed quartz but not so sure...It's almost clear...As far as dirty rocks go.:laughing7:

It's a clear quartz crystal with mineral inclusion lines that run all through it.
It's really cool and would cut nicely.
Doc

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a clear quartz crystal with mineral inclusion lines that run all through it.
It's really cool and would cut nicely.
Doc

Thank you!!! New construction is turning it up down here in South Paulding, Just little pieces for now! Waiting for the big chunk to turn up!! Trying to learn a little, and it's fun just looking through dirt right here in the subdivision.:laughing7: A lot of different things going on in this dirt, now to learn what it all is, and it's origin......All colors and types of quartz. From clear crystal like, to bubbly type stuff.

Last edited:

GoldGoblin

Oct 20, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sent ... thanks for the reply

ClaimStake

Jul 27, 2015
Oroville CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2 (sold it)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

generally ground that yields 3+ fines per pan, "consistently" in almost every pan. is something worth investigating.

around here anyway.

Last edited:

GoldGoblin

Oct 20, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The specks are real small ,maybe a 1/2 to 1/4 the size of a pepper flake . I don't know how deep it is to bedrock but I can move and process a good bit of dirt an hour (waiting on permits) . Running full out I can run 250 yards a day with my setup. The area floods about every other year or so so I know there is flood gold . There was 7 tons of material taken to do the assay but it is unknown where the samples were taken on the property. About 10 feet down I found a layer that is this odd green color with "swirls" of white mixed in . I have yet to test it . Values seem high for what I am seeing so far . I will say docs mats caught even the tiny tiny stuff I am seeing .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread