Upvote 0

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
12 ounces with a small keene dredge in norway,hmm..i have a very good friend with norway citicenship so i look in the net for info and find this;http://norden.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:842595/FULLTEXT01.pdf .....i,ve only read the chapter about norway a bit and my head aches,partly because english is not my motherlanguage but then;sustainable mining,precautionary principle ,etc.etc. The whole agenda 21 hypocrisy.. Does this apply for dredgers?

thanks,Emilio

There is no special permit for dredgers, it is either a mining permit or a prospectors permit. This publication appears to be more of an attractive plan to convince more EU prospectors to STOP going to the US, CA and Oz and start going more north.

Yes the gold is pretty darn good in the North, further west the chunkier it gets. Lapland is great to.

However this is some BS to shine on why us prospectors need to keep paying for Norse Ministers sports cars and holiday home.

In Norway nearly one third of your gold goes directly to the government, yet they have no idea what it goes to or why you are charged that.

I would assume this group out of Sweden has something in Norway to protect, Swedish gold is no fun, so crazy fine stuff and takes lots of material. Finland is nice though.

Also this report did the best it could when it came to Greenland. Its like, yeah, what else can we say, great gold, bad ministers who should be shot in the face, Oh thats right, they are in jail again.

Funny how Norse minister when it comes to exploration spend more time in jail than bank robbers do.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OJ do you have any evidence for your claims that Norwegian Government Ministers are corruptly profiting from taxation or other fees levied on the 3 existing metals mining operations in Norway - or on any others for that matter?

P.S. I have worked in Norway and overseas with Scandinavian compaines for more than a decade. I speak pretty fluent Norwegian and my wife of 36 years is Norwegian.

I dislike loose talk about Norwegian public financial corruption. It is practically unknown and, when it comes to light, no sports cars for the perpetrators.

So, please advise me of your sources for your very surprising allegations.

P.S. On the other hand, I'd love to know which Norwegian river yielded your heavy pans with the dredge!

no hard feelings, but

"Ja vi elsker dette landet, som det stiger frem, furet værbitt over havet, med det tusen hjem..." ...

Opening line from Norwegian national anthem ... 'Yes we love this land - as it juts forth - wooded, weather beaten.. Against the sea.. With our thousand homes..."

I Have a "soft spot" for the country which has been so good to me - sort of my second home.

with respect, but with a caution!

Last edited:
T

Tuolumne

Don't forget, they are not mining gold, it's just a byproduct if other base metala( Zink, lead, nickle, ect)

Personally I think China will mine the heck out of Tibet as the trains get more access.
I studied in Tibet with university for three semesters and there are some crazy deposits yet to be exploited.
Many dredges on the Jin sha river ( gold dust) in Tibetan areas of Sichuan.
I panned out some color at 14,000 feet near Manigango and it was great! But no recreational mining allowed

Try getting reliable numbers from chinas gold mining, they keep everything tight lipped and all gold stays in the country....

Before the uptick in gold price many mines were high graded lessening the life if the mine as they went for high grade material, now they can't go back and get the low grade.
Big mines will consolidate the juniors and we will see more money out into exploration as the price continues it's uptrend....

Last edited:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
OJ do you have any evidence for your claims that Norwegian Government Ministers are corruptly profiting from taxation or other fees levied on the 3 existing metals mining operations in Norway - or on any others for that matter?

P.S. I have worked in Norway and overseas with Scandinavian compaines for more than a decade. I speak pretty fluent Norwegian and my wife of 36 years is Norwegian.

I dislike loose talk about Norwegian public financial corruption. It is practically unknown and, when it comes to light, no sports cars for the perpetrators.

So, please advise me of your sources for your very surprising allegations.

P.S. On the other hand, I'd love to know which Norwegian river yielded your heavy pans with the dredge!

no hard feelings, but

"Ja vi elsker dette landet, som det stiger frem, furet værbitt over havet, med det tusen hjem..." ...

Opening line from Norwegian national anthem ... 'Yes we love this land - as it juts forth - wooded, weather beaten.. Against the sea.. With our thousand homes..."

I Have a "soft spot" for the country which has been so good to me - sort of my second home.

with respect, but with a caution!

Yes we do have evidence; we meaning the the agency I work for, hence the comment about Norse Minister in jail.

PS, I do not giveashit what language you speak, what criminals you support based on nationalistic views, those are your personal feelings and have nothing to do with my profession.

Since it is your second home, you would know very well where the best gold for the nation is. For me it is just another place to get gold and my property is small.

Perhaps instead of worrying about issues that do not pertain to you at all and trying to show yourass like some big man. But hey, if speaking up for criminals is your thing then so beit.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So - the minute you are asked a polite question about the allegations you have made - you respond with scorn and insult.

i just read a few more of your posts and it's now clear to me that further exchanges with you will only result in your flinging more mud.

I won't play those games.

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes we do have evidence; we meaning the the agency I work for, hence the comment about Norse Minister in jail.

PS, I do not giveashit what language you speak, what criminals you support based on nationalistic views, those are your personal feelings and have nothing to do with my profession.

Since it is your second home, you would know very well where the best gold for the nation is. For me it is just another place to get gold and my property is small.

Perhaps instead of worrying about issues that do not pertain to you at all and trying to show yourass like some big man. But hey, if speaking up for criminals is your thing then so beit.

pretty rude

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
So - the minute you are asked a polite question about the allegations you have made - you respond with scorn and insult.

i just read a few more of your posts and it's now clear to me that further exchanges with you will only result in your flinging more mud.

I won't play those games.

Exactly what part of your post was Polite?

I responded to you the way you wished to be spoken to. I could care less about your lack of experience in a nation you care some much for. Have you paid 30% off the top?

But yes I do not not play such games either.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
pretty rude

Do you not treat people how they want to be treated? When someone comes out and tells you rudely that you have not been there and done than several times again just because they married something from Norway how do you respond.

I know I treat them exactly how they want to be treated, try the political forum and look at this user defend terrorist openly on the net.

I speak from my experiences, sorry if I do not have a liberal side that enjoys paying 30% off the top for no reason other than the corruption that has made headlines several times.

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, break it up folks. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No facts ("evidence") has been submitted yet, which means we can still back off nice and clean.

I had written quite a lengthy post last night but ended up deleting it. It was relevant to the current disagreement, but not to the OP. At this point, neither side can win, as that would require posting up lots of irrelevant info that I'm sure most of the folks don't wanna have to mess with.

I, personally, will leave it at this: Who here has ever seen a nation's government that wasn't corrupt at some level? ...That had not one bad apple in the bunch??

....Yeah, I thought so.

Look, I have an infinitive spot in my heart for Finland. Doesn't mean that I agree with or like everything they do. Actually, it is my very strong belief (I word it that way as any evidence I could present would be hearsay) that some of their very nice and kind laws are actually hurting people....BADLY!! Many laws are made to look good on the surface. Look deeper and you see a whole other agenda.

Let's stop these off-topic posts and be a bit more sociable, ok?
Kiitos. (Thank you.)

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Norway is like fifth to last for "corruption" Norway Corruption Rank | 1995-2016 | Data | Chart | Calendar | Forecast. Commercial gold miniing hasn't really been a viable industry in Noray since the 1990's ith metals mining on a continual decline http://www.ngu.no/sites/default/files/Gull_focus10.pdf http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/country/2012/myb3-2012-no.pdf Norway doesn't even make the list Sweden (third least corrupt) and Finland(was the least corrupt for a long time) have small production. Interactive gold mining map | World Gold Council.

The rent for resource set up as been in place since the 1970's and has not killed exploration. It is in place to help maintain a sight if it is abandoned by the company developing the resource. There is no readilly available info on people in the government getting rich because of the 33% rent.

There is this Biggest Corruption Trial in Norway Continues - The Nordic Page - Economy

Considering Rick's work in the country and with Scandanavian outfits he may just have great insight and asked a valid question to you biased comment, but, he was actually polite. You were not and your comment broke several forum rules. He stated that he hadn't heard of these issue in a form you made them sound like Nordic countries and their mining ministries exist to rip companies off. Yet, there is ample evidence otherwise.

He did not deserve your comments you called his wife a "something"

Input from people who prospect all over the world is great and this is a cool thread. It was better before you brought in the insults and cussing at members.

Do you have links to the info about these ministers using the rent for resource funds to buy fancy cars and live high on the hog? I'm sure many here would like to read about it I can't find any info. Other than the one I linked and that sounds like a bribe for access to oil.

100acre

Aug 10, 2016
Asheville NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Garrett AT PRO w/ 5x8" coil
Garrett Carrot,
GG Amphibian HP,
40"ground shark
Keene A52 Sluice box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just want to know why do the ******* GOV/EPA folks make it so difficult for the little guys to look for gold ?

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks to be true. We must keep in mind that it didn't happen "because" of the fact that there are royalties, taxes and rent for resource programs in place. It happens because some officials are corrupt...a very small number of them actually. And in the nations mentioned it is remarkably rare.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GO'washer,

Yes, I disliked the "something" part regarding my wife - since she is actually the descendant of vikings, she might have taken offense! Her father's family were all arctic hunters, seal, walrus, polar bears, whales. Her dad was the "shooter" on the boat which her grandfather owned and skippered. The family ship "vårglimt' - "first light of spring" - it's six weeks with no sun every winter up there - disappeared along with a dozen or so others in the East Greenland ice in a storm in 1952 - crushed in the ice pack and disappeared in hurricane force storms. Subsequent changes in Norwegian law prohibited more than two family member per boat, they lost all 5 men in the family.

sorry, the link is in Norwegian - and the ice in east greenland is called "vestisen" or Western Ice - because it is on the west side of the arctic sea from Norway.

http://ishavsmuseet.blogspot.com/2012/04/60-ar-sidan-katastrofepaska-1952-i.html

but since I had "Retired" from the discussion...

Norway is not perfect, but "Økokrim" is a very active part of the national police establishment.

Had there been any corruption exposed regarding mineral extraction - it would be easily found on the web. I looked in English and Norwegian and found nothing. Hence my question.

was I rude in my post requesting backup for the claims of corruption in the government of Norway - perhaps, if so I apologize.

as far a wanting to know which river the large amount of gold was extracted from - it was simple curiosity - if he has a "honey hole" somewhere, I wouldn't expect an answer. I have never prospected for gold in Norway except in urban parks - found a bit, by the way. As far as alluvial gold, the Tana river in Finnmark is well known for flour gold. Otherwise, not much.

thank you for posting.

p.s. One weekend, I flew home to Oslo from the Stord, the island in West Norway where Saga Petroleum's Snorre platform was being built by an Aker Engineering Shipyard - interestingly enough, when they extended the dry dock, a 10th century viking ship building yard was revealed! I was a Contracts Manager for Saga and a "weekly commuter" 5 days on - weekend home.

So, one Friday, I got off the direct flight from Stord to Oslo - a 12 seater Beechcraft - I caught a taxi from the airport in Oslo to our modest apartment block in the suburbs. Paid the guy, walked in the main enterance, went to our apartment, put my bag down, opened a beer, turned on the tv and relaxed. About 10 minutes later, the phone rang.

Hello I said - a guy says in english - "this is the Norwegian police" --- I thought it was some kind of joke - until I realized that I had never heard the title of the Norwegian national police in english "norske Politiet" - the Norwegian police! oK

So the guy says "Mr. Kempf, we have your wallet" .... I say, "no you don't, then reach around to my right back pocket and realize it is gone!

Oh, says I -

the nice cop continues (now in Norwegian since I let on that I was OK with that) - the taxi driver that dropped you off found it in the backseat and delivered it to us here at the local police station, please stop by at your convenience.

Yes, corruption and dishonesty run deep in Norway.

sorry, some things folks say just piss me off.

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I just want to know why do the ******* GOV/EPA folks make it so difficult for the little guys to look for gold ?
I don't know how much of it is specifically due to GOV/EPA. I don't think there would be much difficulty from them if they weren't getting slammed by the eco-nuts. So why did the GOV/EPA side with them rather than miners? Simple - who is supplying more money? The eco-nuts or the miners?

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Norway is like fifth to last for "corruption" Norway Corruption Rank | 1995-2016 | Data | Chart | Calendar | Forecast. Commercial gold miniing hasn't really been a viable industry in Noray since the 1990's ith metals mining on a continual decline http://www.ngu.no/sites/default/files/Gull_focus10.pdf http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/country/2012/myb3-2012-no.pdf Norway doesn't even make the list Sweden (third least corrupt) and Finland(was the least corrupt for a long time) have small production. Interactive gold mining map | World Gold Council.

The rent for resource set up as been in place since the 1970's and has not killed exploration. It is in place to help maintain a sight if it is abandoned by the company developing the resource. There is no readilly available info on people in the government getting rich because of the 33% rent.

There is this Biggest Corruption Trial in Norway Continues - The Nordic Page - Economy

Considering Rick's work in the country and with Scandanavian outfits he may just have great insight and asked a valid question to you biased comment, but, he was actually polite. You were not and your comment broke several forum rules. He stated that he hadn't heard of these issue in a form you made them sound like Nordic countries and their mining ministries exist to rip companies off. Yet, there is ample evidence otherwise.

He did not deserve your comments you called his wife a "something"

Input from people who prospect all over the world is great and this is a cool thread. It was better before you brought in the insults and cussing at members.

Do you have links to the info about these ministers using the rent for resource funds to buy fancy cars and live high on the hog? I'm sure many here would like to read about it I can't find any info. Other than the one I linked and that sounds like a bribe for access to oil.

Links, I guess you did not read my post. It is experience and paperwork.

Had this person had any experience in gold prospecting in any Scandinavian nation then he would have know the answers to his rude questions. Being married to someone and having worked in another industry does not mean the person have any insight what so ever.

Besides, only a decade, no experience to speak of and no claims or properties to speak of.

As for other links in past prosecutions, sure feel free to visit the Interpol website and download as many case reports as you wish pertaining to the subject, then if that is not enough for you try the Rand Corp.

I added my thoughts as to why I figured it was easier to mine and prospect in the US based on my own experiences in prospecting in many nations and as an investigator for the largest international police organization in the world. So when someone comes on to derail a topic in such a rude manner as the person often does on some many other topics I will speak up; especially if it has nothing to do with the topic at all and just some feelings towards a nation.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Links, I guess you did not read my post. It is experience and paperwork.

Had this person had any experience in gold prospecting in any Scandinavian nation then he would have know the answers to his rude questions. Being married to someone and having worked in another industry does not mean the person have any insight what so ever.

Besides, only a decade, no experience to speak of and no claims or properties to speak of.

As for other links in past prosecutions, sure feel free to visit the Interpol website and download as many case reports as you wish pertaining to the subject, then if that is not enough for you try the Rand Corp.

I added my thoughts as to why I figured it was easier to mine and prospect in the US based on my own experiences in prospecting in many nations and as an investigator for the largest international police organization in the world. So when someone comes on to derail a topic in such a rude manner as the person often does on some many other topics I will speak up; especially if it has nothing to do with the topic at all and just some feelings towards a nation.

Reading your post really means nothing. Just because you say you know something doesn't mean you actually do. You saying you do the things you do, does not mean that you do them or have experienced them. I posted links to accepted known info and reports to add actual info to the conversation.

I am not saying you don't have the experience. Just that anyone can say they do. Resource development in the countries mentioned is not "down" because of corruption, it is more related to diminishing resource( in metals mining especially)

The readers of this thread would love to read the stories about the situations you know of. It would back up how most of them feel that all government is corrupt and that the elites have special cutlery made for eating other peoples pie while charging them for the honor of getting to share their pie.

I believe the intent of clays thread is to show the Irony of the fact that the U.S.A is the best place to run a mine for the miners and the planet. Yet, the general consensus of the small scale community is the exact opposite.

People reading these threads benefit greatly when people with real world experience share direct information. I often wonder why some tout their connections and experience, chaste others yet remain a vague avatar. It's a shame to see someone go instantly to insults and character degradation.In response to someone. Simply for mentioning their experience in the countries mentioned. Relating that they have spent a good amount of time there and are generally unaware of the graft mentioned.

Ricks questions were not rude. That for some reason is your perception. It sounds like you two have had other conversations. It's too bad the immaturity was brought here.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Reading your post really means nothing. Just because you say you know something doesn't mean you actually do. You saying you do the things you do, does not mean that you do them or have experienced them. I posted links to accepted known info and reports to add actual info to the conversation.

I am not saying you don't have the experience. Just that anyone can say they do. Resource development in the countries mentioned is not "down" because of corruption, it is more related to diminishing resource( in metals mining especially)

The readers of this thread would love to read the stories about the situations you know of. It would back up how most of them feel that all government is corrupt and that the elites have special cutlery made for eating other peoples pie while charging them for the honor of getting to share their pie.

I believe the intent of clays thread is to show the Irony of the fact that the U.S.A is the best place to run a mine for the miners and the planet. Yet, the general consensus of the small scale community is the exact opposite.

People reading these threads benefit greatly when people with real world experience share direct information. I often wonder why some tout their connections and experience, chaste others yet remain a vague avatar. It's a shame to see someone go instantly to insults and character degradation.In response to someone. Simply for mentioning their experience in the countries mentioned. Relating that they have spent a good amount of time there and are generally unaware of the graft mentioned.

Ricks questions were not rude. That for some reason is your perception. It sounds like you two have had other conversations. It's too bad the immaturity was brought here.

I really have to wonder if you are one of the many other usernames I keep getting PM's about.

Oh well, you keep beating that dead horse if you like; bet I had 30 PM's already on all the usernames, I guess you are one of them since you keep going on about nothing at all.

If you and however many usernames find Norway so important, then start a thread for it. Make sure you bring all your usernames as well.

Sick people.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really have to wonder if you are one of the many other usernames I keep getting PM's about.

Oh well, you keep beating that dead horse if you like; bet I had 30 PM's already on all the usernames, I guess you are one of them since you keep going on about nothing at all.

If you and however many usernames find Norway so important, then start a thread for it. Make sure you bring all your usernames as well.

Sick people.
lol. doubt it... Keeping in mind I have shaken hands with and spoken on the phone with many tnet members. My existence and who I say I am and what I do is actually verifiable. The same thing cannot be said for several others here who like to insult members and start crap.

thanks for all your helpful relevant information though. wherever it is

Last edited:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
lol. doubt it... Keeping in mind I have shaken hands with and spoken on the phone with many tnet members. My existence and who I say I am and what I do is actually verifiable. The same thing cannot be said for several others here who like to insult members and start crap.

That is full sure, every last word. Good to hear too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread