Wanted folks to see this object I found....

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put this up in a post on OOPART's but I don't think anyone seen it there. I just wanted folks to have a chance to check it out.
It was in the dredge cons from some 1970's flood material I was working. It measure about 3.1mm wide x4.1mm long, it is .49 mm thick.
Solid, non ferrous. The lines are etched in. I assume the object is gold inside. It pans heavy, I do not believe the gold is inlaid or painted.

oopa1.jpg

oopa2.jpg

The shape of the lines remind me of something, but I cant think of what. Anyway, thoughts? comments? shoot it down, say what you will. What should I do with it? Just throw it in a pill bottle and forget about it?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ragnor

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for taking a look, I figured out what I was trying to see. This is some very basic cut and paste in photoshop. No changes to size or scale, just cut and paste. It clearly shows a repeating pattern and very accurate spacing.

Untitled-1a.jpg

And remember this is micro-engraved. Pretty frickin cool if you ask me.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Golden ocean waves? Nice find!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Indian water sign

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Water sign

Attachments

• Joy Walk 021.jpg
    Joy Walk 021.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 85

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What a cool find!

Only odd thing I ever found in my sluice was a bunch of birdshot and a few .22 slugs.

Here it is without the cracks...

Untitled-1a-2.jpg

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like wire gold in red sandstone. Most wire gold here in Colorado is found in Leadville and Breckenridge. However gold was found in sandstone on the Delores river. A huge flume was built to mine it, but was never profitable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanging_Flume

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a bag of this stuff in my office and one spear head and a few arrowheads.
We found while dredging in GA.
Talked to the farmer next door and his kids used to go pick up
shoe boxes full every time he tilled the field too.
Spent a little time researching and dating via the pottery sites from
the local university etc. Somewhere between 800 - 1400 years old
on some of it. Guess they didn't have "cable" back then so it was a
good way to kill the time... lol

indianpotteryfindga.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread