WMA Newsletter -state of affairs

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
If we don't fight these wacoenviromentalists , we have lost it all if we don't go after them! BUT the question is ,"how do we do this the most effective way" and get something done! It aint cheap going to court especially when the courts lean to being GREEN BIASED!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1) Identify Industries / Individuals affected by the "Green" agenda

2) Bring identified industries and individuals together under a unified banner

3) Define the "Green" agenda, expose its end goals, and identify its main financial and political backers

4) Take our case to the public supported by FACTS, while lobbying Washington DC with the message that responsible mining, logging, hunting, and off-roading do not harm the environment, and are treasured American industries, rights, and pass times.

jere64ca

Jul 16, 2016
San Luis Obispo, CA.
Detector(s) used
GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1) Identify Industries / Individuals affected by the "Green" agenda

2) Bring identified industries and individuals together under a unified banner

3) Define the "Green" agenda, expose its end goals, and identify its main financial and political backers

4) Take our case to the public supported by FACTS, while lobbying Washington DC with the message that responsible mining, logging, hunting, and off-roading do not harm the environment, and are treasured American industries, rights, and pass times.

Great ideas! This will be a huge undertaking,,, what do you think we can do to start the ball rolling?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great ideas! This will be a huge undertaking,,, what do you think we can do to start the ball rolling?

Stop making self promoting Youtube videos and having a grand old time wasting gasoline and renting out meeting halls, and start networking the old fashioned way coordinating volunteers to research, telephone, email, visit, and talk to the various industries and organizations we need to partner with, while constructing a planned program of educational demonstrations and press conferences, social events, protests at various State and Federal locations, etc., etc.

jere64ca

Jul 16, 2016
San Luis Obispo, CA.
Detector(s) used
GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stop making self promoting Youtube videos and having a grand old time wasting gasoline and renting out meeting halls, and start networking the old fashioned way coordinating volunteers to research, telephone, email, visit, and talk to the various industries and organizations we need to partner with, while constructing a planned program of educational demonstrations and press conferences, social events, protests at various State and Federal locations, etc., etc.

Actually I was hoping to encourage you to take the first steps to implement some of your very own ideas. I will help you where I can but my time and resources are stretched pretty thin right now with things that I feel are equally important.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Terry:headbang: these are good starts that need to keep sending to all prospectors / dredgers / Motorcycle groups / Horse back riders / farmers / ranchers and on and on! We can work together and get results IF we all pull in the same direction!

T

Tuolumne

At least make a cool youtube vid- instead of a youtube video Jere, need to find a film student to work with shannon to make a pro, well done, documentary on the dredging/merc conspiracy here in california, make it serious like Frontline PBS style, or throw in some michael moore sarcasm, and make feature film expose, with investigative journalism, interview the people, the big players-Brandon, Ochoa, dead fish eaters, and it could be epic. Shannon is like the michael moore for the mining community, put his sarcasm into a documentary and get interview with sierra fund rep, get interview from people who wrote the papers and conducted the field research studies that show dredging has no harm.

This would be shown at your donation meetings, gold club shows, and local cable, give away at gold shows, that would be a way to get the ball rolling on the public perception side. Id love to see a video like that, anything out there like this already? This whole dredging issues is one big saga, might as well make a fantastic vid of the whole debacle.......get the lake Combie dredge in there as well, that could be a whole documentary in and of it self as well.....

take film to sundance and caines or any independant film show, this would be worth the gas money to have QandA afterwards and the film shows...lol

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Actually I was hoping to encourage you to take the first steps to implement some of your very own ideas. I will help you where I can but my time and resources are stretched pretty thin right now with things that I feel are equally important.

Sure, I understand. You're "just" an AMRA Board Member. Your time is much better spent mining the miners I guess. I'm in New York. When AMRA get's serious about actually doing something besides giving donations to deadbeat dredgers that can't meet their own court costs, let me know. :skullflag:

jere64ca

Jul 16, 2016
San Luis Obispo, CA.
Detector(s) used
GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least make a cool youtube vid- instead of a youtube video Jere, need to find a film student to work with shannon to make a pro, well done, documentary on the dredging/merc conspiracy here in california, make it serious like Frontline PBS style, or throw in some michael moore sarcasm, and make feature film expose, with investigative journalism, interview the people, the big players-Brandon, Ochoa, dead fish eaters, and it could be epic. Shannon is like the michael moore for the mining community, put his sarcasm into a documentary and get interview with sierra fund rep, get interview from people who wrote the papers and conducted the field research studies that show dredging has no harm.

This would be shown at your donation meetings, gold club shows, and local cable, give away at gold shows, that would be a way to get the ball rolling on the public perception side. Id love to see a video like that, anything out there like this already? This whole dredging issues is one big saga, might as well make a fantastic vid of the whole debacle.......get the lake Combie dredge in there as well, that could be a whole documentary in and of it self as well.....

take film to sundance and caines or any independant film show, this would be worth the gas money to have QandA afterwards and the film shows...lol

Now these are ideas that are well thought out and make sense to me. We have actively pursuing very similar ideas with limited success because, unfortunately, a quality film production is very expensive. After inquiring into a professional production company I was literally stunned what it would cost. We have begun work with two different film student "projects" and they both flaked out. The film industry is very, very flaky and apparently it starts early in the young students. I was made aware of a student film project up in Oregon where the Professor told the students to go find the dredgers that are ruining the planet and document it and do your project on that. Well they met up with some dredgers and figured out that dredging wasn't all that bad and actually has beneficial qualities. There final work was ok but really not any better than a Youtube video. So I am not sold on the film student idea, they are cheap so I would try it again if a promising student came along,,, you know any?

There was a very well done documentary about some miners living and making a living down on the East Fork San Gabriel, did you happen to see it? It was posted on FB and Youtube. ?L.A. Miner? Puts Spotlight on San Gabriel Prospectors | Modern Hiker This was produced by a very small company,,, I think it was just two guys, we had many conversations with them about making a film for us but, in the end, could not justify spending tens of thousands of dollars go forward with the project.

Did you see the KCRA news piece that aired a couple of weeks ago about the Forrest Service LEOs being kicked out of Mariposa County by the Sherriff? The LEOs being kicked out and the news piece were both the results of Shannon's work. (took over 6 months for them to air it)

T

Tuolumne

I here you on the flaky students, you need to find one that is doing it for a grade or project then they wont flake out, intern one for free on your board that should work out and help him get future job with good looking resume non profit work, the greenies have endless interns working for the non profits..... I wish I could help but there needs to be a big expose instead of the small vignettes on youtube or the news.

I did see the LA Miner, but that place is not representative of the Nor cal claim owners scene. Ive read through the spanish archives and been in the areas where the first padres from Mission San Fernando found gold on wild onion roots pre gold rush near those streams and its a its a shame now there is graffiti on rocks at every bend and what not. The video was ok but the area has been neglected by a few and it cast bad shadow on small miners, lots of holes everywhere and wild people running around, not the image of peaceful dredgers working away cleaning the stream we want to portray lol...

The KCRA was ok but really over 6 months just for a forgettable 3 minutes, I hope shannon was expecting more that that....

Infact in my area of the Tuolumne officer Brooks with the forest service is armed and has full vest with video tape running. He comes down to my area all the time sneaking up on me. They are more worried about growers, fish poachers, and meth users than dredgers or hands and pans prospectors- and Im glad hes out there watching my back and on good terms with me, Ive seen the fire officers and CDFW there but Ive never seen a sheriff come onto my claim once to check up on why the cars are parked along the road, never, Hell I dont know one sheriffs name in my area unfortunately.....if something happens to me Id drive down to Officer Brooks Forest ranger station to place a phone call to the sheriff for citizen standby or arrest procedures cause my cell dont work out here, so In my area Im glad the forest ranger is on my side and we are on good terms. Hell, I invited his family up and told him to bring his son and fish or pan anytime. If they ever regulate the dredging I will be first in line for my expensive permits and I know they will help me out more if that times comes around, than your club and members who have a bad name. Im all for Dredging lives matter but I like my LEO's, sorry, nothing negative has happened to me yet...

But just like the LA scene, one bad apple ruins the bunch.......I guess you opinion changes when something bad happens to you, if they close a gate I can always get a key because Im such a nice guy, maybe its my younger good looks, or maybe its having a personal relationship and not by being a passive aggressive gate opener like shannon lol...... there is a buddhist saying- A father is out hunting with his sons and the two sons get into a sibling rivalry fight, they are near a cliff and both will go over and die. What is the father to do? The father shoots the more aggressive son, killing him and saving his other son. No bad karma as a result of his compassion in the situation he was forced into.....

What kind of Karmic seeds are you planting?

Ironic, I have no enemies in my area except for gold club that high graded my claim!

Last edited:

Cassews

Dec 29, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett/White
Primary Interest:
Other
WELL not as much mud slinging as the Presidential Debates, but close. <getting a wee bit warm with the temperments going up>.

Maybe a solution can be had by all if the minds all come together for a just cause for the small miner community.

emptyhole

Feb 28, 2014
n. calif.
Detector(s) used
all the prospecting toys
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jere64ca, I saw this post and thought it might be something my daughter could help you out with -she's a videographer with a degree in media arts and a minor in journalism. I had her send you a pm.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread