BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like fun!, But, I can't view video's. Maybe you can give a verbal /still picture rundown on this? what did you find?

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I, too, am video-challenged. ...Actually, just a very small data cap.

I've seen videos of people panning in cold mountain streams. There is apparently a place up in Alaska where the miners keep working until the water actually freezes, because the season is so short for them. I'd have to try to be creative and find a way to keep working even then. But then, I'm not an active miner, either! :tongue3:

I still L-O-V-E the cold, but my body is beginning to say enough is enough. However, I can still handle -40° temps much better than I can handle 80° temps!! Stupid - Copy.gif

Kuntzy

Jul 24, 2015
North Vernon IN
Detector(s) used
tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I personally mine all year long, but i also live in the midwest. during the 2 months it does get really cold we take sledge-hammers to the river and bust a hole open big enough to work in. Just gotta be crazy enough to go for it. Only thing that ever stops my prospecting is thunderstorms. Hate Hate Hate lightning.

Best part of winter is the water is super low and i can work spots not possible during most of the year.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uh ya..thats the only time many of the small creeks/draws are running water.
What else is there to do in the winter?

OP
OP
Daryl Friesen

Daryl Friesen

Mar 21, 2003
Vancouver,British Columbia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Hello,

To bad you can't all watch it.. Since you seem to like here is the cut version of the vid.. When I say cut I mean cut with a soundtrack.

A Lost Gold Canyon Found..

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1475714962.013855.jpg
Have been out every month for over 5 years without ever skipping a month. Just gotta gear up!

HardHatMatt

Mar 15, 2016
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suggest finding a creek with nice toasty beer-vat-cooling water discharged upstream! 8-)

Canuck

Aug 2, 2012
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Fisher gold bug pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's always nice to get gold no matter what time of year. Just out of curiosity are you the same Daryl Friesen from the show curse of the frozen gold?

dtpost

Jan 3, 2011
Florida, Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT,BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep had a time when we would high bank all the way up to the first snow in Virginia. We gave that up...lol.... the day the flywheel froze up in the motor due to ice

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I definitely have a cap on my gold season: the ground gets completely frozen, and it would take an ice auger to get through the ice on the streams, and then the hole would be too small!

Interesting video Daryl. With the water running that fast and steep, you were in the right spot at the right time, especially in winter.

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread