Oct 20th PLP meeting at Keene Eng.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Public Lands for the People announces its regularly monthly Board Meeting 5:30-7pm and Membership Meetings 7:30-9pm 20th October 2016
at Keene Engineering 8940 Lurline Ave, Chatsworth, CA 91311. 818-993-0441.
PLP is accepting nominations for the 2017 PLP Board of Directors to 17th November 2016.
Email Mitchel Noble, nominating chairman, at [email protected] with your nominations of members in good standing.
PLP is inviting the PLP membership and those concerned to attend. Hope to see you there.

Letter from Ray Kender;

A 501(C) (3) CORPORATION
#95-4521318 & 1880483 Established 1990
7th October 2016
Dear PLP Members and Others Interested in PLP:
PLP is in a battle with former board members for the survival of PLP as a 501c3 entity.
The former board members have retained control of the PLP website, PLP Facebook, eBay, Paypal, membership list
and have caused the bank account to be frozen. The obligations of PLP have been ignored due to their actions.
You may have read in the October issue of the ICMJ's Prospecting and Mining Journal that
PLP and the Minerals and Mining Advisory Council (MMAC) are now separate entities. (MMAC has become a limited liability corporation.)
This is the only request that has been honored by the former board.
The former board members and president (who were not elected according to the bylaws) have made numerous promises
to give control and return assets to the founders of PLP and the membership elected pro tempore board but have failed to do so.
They have made accusations against the membership elected pro tempore board and myself and cost us many thousands in legal fees.
I became aware of the illicit (lack of member oversight), non-compliant and questionable activities of the former PLP Board when I volunteered.
I was elected and appointed on March 2nd to serve as secretary for this year. Upon my appointment,
I began to read the bylaws and found they were woefully out of date according to state law.
It also became clear that the March election was illegal because it did not conform to the state requirements or PLP's out-of-date bylaws.
I am knowledgeable in these matters as I am the President of one of the oldest and largest prospecting organizations in the country.
We recently changed our status from a California tax exempt partnership to a 501c3.
I have taken the time to read and learn what the IRS and the state of California need for compliance.
The former PLP officers and board were not following any known regulations or bylaws being non-compliant.
(The election on 2 March 2016 was self-elected.) (A couple of the officers were not even PLP members in good standing.)
At the time of the election on 2 March 2016 both Mr. Schodall (approximately 12 months) and Mr. Wegner's (approximately 18 months)
memberships had expired. When I and other PLP members made the 'board' aware of the non-compliant actions,
myself, the founders of PLP, Pat Keene and Barry Weatherby, and Dwayne Platz, resigned. We did not want to be associated with their actions.
We had an organizational election on 21 July 2016 by members in good standing at a regularly scheduled membership meeting,
the third Thursday of every month, and I was elected President on a pro tem basis along with 14 pro tem directors
until such time we have an official election. The self- elected board needs to give control to the membership pro tempore
elected board and officers before the assets are squandered.
What assets are we talking about? Much of it is unknown because there has not been a proper audit of PLP in years.
We do know there is a frozen bank account of about $50,000 to be used to defend miners and outdoor enthusiasts.
Mr. Wegner also opened a new bank account unknown to the PLP membership. We also know that approximately $5000 in gold
was purchased prior to the pro tem board being elected and as well as several claims that were donated to PLP that have great potential value.
All of these assets must be accounted for and disclosed and can only be used for PLP purposes.
PLP funds should not be used or solicited for an industry lobbying organization among other things.
They can't be redirected for the self-elected board's legal defense, use by MMAC, or converted for personal gain.
The self-elected board and officers have caused potential liability for themselves and PLP.
We are unable to assess at this time the extent of this liability but we know that PLP projects, obligations and reputation are hurt by their actions.
We are now learning that the self-elected board and the self-elected officers are soliciting you to accept new bylaws for the 501c3 corporation.
Corporate law does not give standing to self-elected officials. Anything that they propose cannot be accepted because it is a continuation of
the sham perpetrated on us all. (Did you ever receive a ballot to vote for any board members or officers for a 2 March 2016 election?)
The membership elected pro tempore board, the founders of PLP and I, ask you in the name of Jerry Hobbs to reject their solicitation.
We will return control to you the members, with legally updated bylaws. Bylaws must be presented and any questions must be addressed
before changes are made. When all questions are answered a motion is made to accept or reject the new bylaws by the general membership.
The self-elected board members need to stop the use of the PLP name, use of official stationary and titles, return funds, assets
and website as soon as possible. They have rejected all previous attempts at a smooth transition.
Please inform Mr. Kliewer, Mr. Wegner, Mr. Samrin, Mr. Schodall, and Mr. Eakin, as of 21 July 2016 PLP membership stripped
all the authority they assumed in their self-elected positions. These 5 individuals are no longer permitted to represent PLP in any capacity.
Sincerely,
Ray Kender
(President Pro Tempore)
Ray Kender is also pres. of prospectors club of southern California; meeting in Downey, Calif
Prospectors Club Of Southern California - Home

link to other recent letters and discussion;
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gold-prospecting/513231-plp-board-member-rift.html

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations to all of us that were stupid enough to believe in these people in the first place. :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread