Anybody know how to sell a mining claim? PM me.

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Mark, want to partner up with Mike and I on a new location? It's not far (10 miles or so) from our other claim. Looks to have even better access too.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Hefty Hefty Hefty..... As many times as we've covered buying claims on here you should know this already.

1. Place ad on Craigs list
2. Wait until all of the real miners have made reasonable offers, tested and proven the claim is worth the price and then turn them all down.
3. Raise the price to some outrageous amount that no sane miner would EVER be willing to pay.
4. Sell to the first out of state greenhorn that is willing to meet your price without even testing or seeing the claim in question firsthand.
5. Make sure that all the paperwork is so convoluted that not even the Supreme Court could figure it out.

Of course I'm kidding here guys. We know hefty is a stand up guy and wouldn't do anyone like most of those selling claims on Craigslist would.

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I retract my comment did not realize there were issues involved my best to you and your family.

Last edited:

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've sold several claims and have always used Craigslist. In my case all the claims were distant (which is why I sold them) so I made a permission form I could send to interested buyers who wanted to test it...in exchange for a photocopy of their drivers lic. I would allow one day of pans and sluices, keep what you find. I never had anyone abuse this.
I always had a ton of interest but most people did not have the cash required. I had one guy offer to trade a horse.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hefty Hefty Hefty..... As many times as we've covered buying claims on here you should know this already.

1. Place ad on Craigs list
2. Wait until all of the real miners have made reasonable offers, tested and proven the claim is worth the price and then turn them all down.
3. Raise the price to some outrageous amount that no sane miner would EVER be willing to pay.
4. Sell to the first out of state greenhorn that is willing to meet your price without even testing or seeing the claim in question firsthand.
5. Make sure that all the paperwork is so convoluted that not even the Supreme Court could figure it out.

Of course I'm kidding here guys. We know hefty is a stand up guy and wouldn't do anyone like most of those selling claims on Craigslist would.

I personally think he knows. This is just a way to get around a Charter Membership. Seeing a lot more of this on the forum with different members. I call it cheating the system :skullflag:

Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
I personally think he knows. This is just a way to get around a Charter Membership. Seeing a lot more of this on the forum with different members. I call it cheating the system :skullflag:
Terry it's $20.00 a year to upgrade to a Charter Membership. I don't think Hefty1 is trying to cheat for a measly twenty.
Sounds like he wants info and to edumacate:laughing7: himself as the best way to sell a claim.
Mike

Frank Tillman

Nov 16, 2016
Western USA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"ICMJ's Prospecting and Mining Journal", and notarized Quit Claim Deeds

Always worked for me.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread