Big gold formation: your thoughts, or experiences

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Range buildup followed by massive downcutting and eroding from paleo rivers eminating from NE and Central Nevada with 600 plus inches annual rainfall over eons while the continent spun on its axis through crust movement from E to N and its present position. The material was redposited further downstream into other places and replenished in scoured areas by further range buildup, fault fills with fracturing and erosion, pyroclastic and glacial flows and then more erosion and redepositing through multiple cycles. Thats the N California version.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
goldenmojo, wow that's a mouthful of info! When one looks at USGS maps and finds placer deposits at 7000' elevations and up what you've indicated makes sense...................63bkpkr

bcfromfl

Feb 18, 2016
Youngstown, FL
Detector(s) used
GPX 4500,
Fisher Gold Bug Pro,
Gold Hog stream sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big gold formation: your thoughts, or experiences.

If your question has to do with the actual size of the individual nuggets, vs. the size of a particular deposit, geologists still can not agree on why larger nuggets are formed. While gold has been shown to decay on an ionic level, and reform depending upon local conditions and the acidity of the soil, this only has relevance to small pieces. The general consensus is that larger nuggets are formed deeper underground, where larger masses and vugs solidify and are pushed to the surface by volcanic action. Shallower deposits tend to be veins and stringers that are relatively thin because the country rock was cooler as the gold-bearing solutions traveled further away from the Earth's molten core, and not conducive to the formation of larger chunks of gold.

A possibility for larger nuggets near the surface, however, involves a theory of "secondary enrichment," where a previous deposit of rock decays into saprolite or clay, allowing for a porous cavity large enough to accumulate a new intrusion of gold-bearing solution. Just a theory...

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
goldenmojo, wow that's a mouthful of info! When one looks at USGS maps and finds placer deposits at 7000' elevations and up what you've indicated makes sense...................63bkpkr

Thats kind of what I got listening to Prof. Wheeldon at Folsom Lake College in his entry level "geological mining history of the motherlode" class. Bcfromfl has the most concise and accurate explanation I have heard yet.

ClaimStake

Jul 27, 2015
Oroville CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2 (sold it)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Range buildup followed by massive downcutting and eroding from paleo rivers emanating from NE and Central Nevada with 600 plus inches annual rainfall over eons while the continent spun on its axis through crust movement from E to N and its present position. The material was redeposited further downstream into other places and replenished in scoured areas by further range buildup, fault fills with fracturing and erosion, pyroclastic and glacial flows and then more erosion and redepositing through multiple cycles. Thats the N California version.
^^I:heart:this post^^

the same version that says it's possible to have all the land bunched up on one side of the planet, with all the water on the other. that theory doesn't work gravitationally, the water would be uphill. it's a nice once upon a time story.

once we understand how the pyramids were built and most importantly what they were used for. than we will understand how the earth really works.

this theory is almost complete, about 90% done with it. now i just gotta get it written out. here it is in a nutshell, some of it. also this is derived from a large number of different physical concepts. some old and forgotten by the mainstream, some very new, and some that i've had to come up with.

first of all,
gravity is a push not a pull(shadowing theory);https://www.google.com/webhp?source...spv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=gravity is a push not a pull

the landmass, water, atmosphere, everything. is being continuously accelerated from west to east. space is moving and it blows us along(that's an analogy it's way more complex than that) our solar system is like an over glorified electric motor.
also it travels faster at the equator than the polls. (usually)

as landmass is moving, what is ahead must move out the way. if it does not then the mass will be pushed to the polls and spun counter-clockwise. if it can not, then it will lift and push into void(mountain building/volcanoes).

if there is a reduction in pressure you will get valleys, oceans, lakes, ponds, meadows eccetera.

also if you have areas that get spun up faster than the surrounding terrain like our northern valley here. notice the butte mountains are smack dab in the centre like a hub on a wheel.
you will often get a lot of pressure around such structures. think of a tire pealing out and the rooster tail behind it especially east. the central and southern valley is doing the same thing but in the shape of a chainsaw (elongated).

everything is in continuous motion. as the land moves so does the creeks, rivers, and glaciers. a river doesn't eat through the terrain. the terrain gets pushed apart.

everything is under pressure. if one thing tries to move it'll affect what's immediately around it.

think of a mountain as if it's sticking together. from the smallest grain of sand to the largest boulders. the position and movement of every part is dependent on every other part based on proximity.

if you are facing south and looking down hill. the ground in front of you at your feet will be moving faster to your left than the ground behind your feet. it will be hanging back.

if you are facing south and into the hill. the ground in front of your feet will be hanging back. while the ground behind you will be heading to your right.

whether or not the ground is traveling uphill or eroding down is dependent on the amount of pressure relative to velocity.

light materials will travel to areas that have high velocity and low pressure. heavy materials will travel to any area of low velocity regardless of pressure. the higher the pressure. the better gold is held in place and often the gold is bigger. low pressure gives you fine gold.
also the classification of materials is dependent on this as well. high pressure big things, low pressure small things. now you know what determines the size of gold.

so if everything rotates counter-clockwise. what happens when you put two gears together and try to rotate them in the same direction. they grind together.
now we're not dealing with gears. the terrain acts like clay or water on a planetary scale. materials will transfer back and forth "across" the waterway

think of washes and waterways as being the seams of the solid terrain structure where things are able to slide "more" freely, not entirely. they are low pressure at high velocity.

if you're standing in a creek. facing north, the hill you are looking at will be moving to your right. the hill behind you will be moving to your left. if some kinetic force is able to push the mountain in front or behind you across the creek, it'll scoop up the creek bed materials and create a low velocity area. now you know why bends and gravel bars hold gold. and why they form.

I'm going to have to stop it at this. from here the theory starts to go massively into geometry and mechanics, and would be a post of absurd length. also the more advanced stuff is a bag of tricks i'll keep to myself till i've gotten a chance to use it. you know you would.:tongue3:

I hope this has helped someone better understand how things are moving.
eventually i'll get a book written on this.

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say if there is a cave in I think Iceland or Sweden I forget I've seen the pics with quartz crystals the size of cars...and ive seen in person the size of footballs. If you can get a specimen the size of a coffee table, that formed the same way as a smaller version the size of a pencil eraser. well, why can't a quarter gram nugget form the same way as a one hundred seventy five pound nugget :dontknow:

ClaimStake

Jul 27, 2015
Oroville CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2 (sold it)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I say if there is a cave in I think Iceland or Sweden I forget I've seen the pics with quartz crystals the size of cars...and ive seen in person the size of footballs. If you can get a specimen the size of a coffee table, that formed the same way as a smaller version the size of a pencil eraser. well, why can't a quarter gram nugget form the same way as a one hundred seventy five pound nugget :dontknow:

very correct.

everything in nature is proportional.

what we see on the large scale, we see on the small scale.

OP
OP
J

johnnysau

Apr 23, 2012
Reno NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just the right pressure, temp, and WHAT minerals, they say IRON is the MOTHER, but what i am seeing a lot of times does not fit this model.

johnnysau

ClaimStake

Jul 27, 2015
Oroville CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2 (sold it)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
iron is magnetic. it is the blood of things. it's also really hard.

everything spins counter-clockwise from the sky down. clockwise from the ground up.

never will anything spin clockwise(sky down). if it is forced to it will linearise. and that line will travel as a wave.

more pressure, more linear. when you look at a volcano think of a target structure (crosshatch banded). each band interchanges between being linear to circular. (42*24'14 N, 121*33'37) look at this on google earth.

CCW rotation= low pressure, linearities= high pressure.

when you say gold is where you find it. I would say it's between a rock(rotating) and a hard place(iron or linear). boulder on top of bedrock.

if the hill pushes across the water it creates a narrower section of the creek at that point (high pressure). you'll get rapids and waterfalls.

upstream and down will be pools low pressure side to side, high pressure up and down.

I'm also talking about terrain pressure, it's what is going across. the water goes along. it's pressure matters too but in a different way. it washes and grinds things and then the terrain moves the stuff, the water follows along.

Last edited:

ClaimStake

Jul 27, 2015
Oroville CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2 (sold it)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
and to understand the specific mineral type and location is dependent on geometry and mechanics. I havn't explained any of that yet on open forum.

in the meantime learn sacred geometry it'll help. learn what ever you can about fractals and cymatics.

crystallography too.

Last edited:

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's a matter for belief and derivative science as to whether your theories of gold deposition are valid Claimstake. I don't get into issues of politics or religion on public forums and you are welcome to your beliefs. Much of modern geology is unproven or theoretical but even more is verifiable scientific knowledge. Challenging that knowledge is a healthy thing that may lead to a greater understanding of mineral deposition.

I just wanted to point out that your writings on this subject are based on your beliefs alone and have no historical connection to mineral or geology science. Much of what you write is in opposition to current scientific knowledge. Many readers here are just learning about these subjects and although I encourage them to study all aspects of mineral deposition I hope they will get a sound education in practical science before they pursue your theories in the field.

Please continue your explanations of your theories. I'm enjoying your exercise in free thinking. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

ClaimStake

Jul 27, 2015
Oroville CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2 (sold it)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
time to put this stuff to the test.

thanks for any and everyone's input.

btw I'm not really a metaphysicist. I don't follow beliefs so much. I'm just very unbiased, so i'll take any and all ideas into consideration, and a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread