How does this happen?

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smells of inside job to me..

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was no where near the place. You can't prove anything.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
He could live very well in ole Mexico until they found out he had gold!! then they would rob him and who knows what else...........The tv said they thought he was hiding in Florida . How do you hide while carrying 86 lb.a 5 gallon bucket of gold??? Hide in what is mostly old (F.O.G.) in wheel chairs or walkers and hes walking around while looking over his shoulder and carrying this heavy bucket???? stick out in a crowd for sure!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hahahahahaha many more buckets on that pallet, lucky they only lost one. John PS. Even IF 24kt it's 12oz x 86lbs=1,032oz.....x $1175=$1,212,600 INSURANCE SCAM hahahahahaha

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
86 lbs of gold stolen worth years of grief for the thief and those who knowingly touch it. I will pass on that Karma trip!
Having a choice I'd rather be out in the hills searching for it, finding very little or some but enjoying myself due to inner peace. Nothing like NOT having neck injuries due to looking to see who's coming to get you.............63bkpkr

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It could have been 86# advp...in a black metal bucket pounds are pounds. That would be 1.6 besides there is paperwork! They couldn't just make a 400k fudge by switching troy to advp.

It sure seems like it would have to be an inside job...or some dudes really really bad first week after training! Because that is just plain stupid. In NYC of all places. I lived in Brooklyn for a while. You don't just leave the Brinks Truck open and walk away. You can see in the vid. the name right on the truck.

You know that all of the drivers friends and family are gonna be getting grilled by the F.B.I.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As ye sow so shall ye reap---you only get as good as you give----paying it forward----do onto others as you would have others do onto you---many idioms to cover this instance of greed. I too Herb have always found my gold also as you sure sleep better every night with a clear conscience-John

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That type of gold prospecting is a lot easier. Just have to carry one bucket. And your done. With just a little refining. If he had just thought. About being on tv. He might have been set for life.

Last edited:

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right place, right time. In my town back in the 80's at a local Mall we had some genius's leave their Armored car unattended and running. While they were in the bank picking up money someone came along jumped in and drove away. They found the truck a few miles away. To this day the authorities meaning Barny Fife and the feds don't know who or how much they got. Apparently who ever did it took only what they could carry.

Kenmitch

Oct 7, 2016
SoCal
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As ye sow so shall ye reap---you only get as good as you give----paying it forward----do onto others as you would have others do onto you---many idioms to cover this instance of greed. I too Herb have always found my gold also as you sure sleep better every night with a clear conscience-John

If one was lucky and found a couple pounds of gold I'm not really sure a good night's sleep would be in order. Being out in the wilderness would intensify ones senses.The slightest noise would intensify the paranoia.

May the thief be blessed with a huge dose of bad karma for his troubles.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions