Christmas Gold Prospecting Scotland Day 1

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
I must have been mad but here`s day 1 of my gold prospecting trip to Scotland between Christmas & New Year 2016. I decided to revisit a spot I had worked in November which had produced some nice gold pickers along with some fine gold.

I work the hole for a day and it gives a nice picker and some fine flour gold but not as much as I was hoping for. I hoped the spot hadn`t been worked since I was last there but in filming my spots to make my videos, I realise that leaves the spots at risk of being worked by others and this was certainly the case for this spot. I worked it for the day and although it did still produce a single gold picker and some fine gold, it looked like all the nice gold pickers it was giving on the last trip were now gone. At the end of the day, I fill the hole back in and decide its not going to be worth working any more and carry on prospecting for gold in a few more spots for the rest of the trip with varying success

Upvote 0

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Several years ago I was prospecting for gold in a narrow but deep (over my head) stream channel in the Highlands. Suddenly, around a bend in the channel appeared a platoon of fully rigged (armed) Special Forces members. I don't who was more surprised to see the other. They stopped to find out what this guy from California was doing deep in a Highlands stream channel. I asked a similar question to them. They were, obviously, on a practice drill. After a few minutes they quickly went out of sight--around the next bend in the channel--and I never saw them again. I found no gold, but had quite an experience.

Happy New Year,
Don......

OP
OP
Goldgrabber

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
I`m sure that would not be what you were expecting to see coming round a bend in the river lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread