advice on my virginity?

blackchipjim

Dec 25, 2016
ohio
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well now that I have half the site's attention this should have the needed input. I have read a lot of the threads on joining clubs and such but seems like a big commitment for a pilgrim prospector. The pros and cons of joining and the changing climate at some have me rethinking the jump to a club. I new, never panned or got my pick stuck in the desert yet. I'm hoping to try this coming spring around Easter break in Arizona if I can talk her into visiting her friend. I just wondered if I should just stick to the public panning areas that allow recreational panning or if anyone here would entertain the idea of having a good laugh at my expense by trying to help them with their claim. I don't know if I'm serious but I have to ask if anyone else is serious here. If you do reply do pm me don't go posting any info out in the open. Thanks

Upvote 0

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well now that I have half the site's attention this should have the needed input. I have read a lot of the threads on joining clubs and such but seems like a big commitment for a pilgrim prospector. The pros and cons of joining and the changing climate at some have me rethinking the jump to a club. I new, never panned or got my pick stuck in the desert yet. I'm hoping to try this coming spring around Easter break in Arizona if I can talk her into visiting her friend. I just wondered if I should just stick to the public panning areas that allow recreational panning or if anyone here would entertain the idea of having a good laugh at my expense by trying to help them with their claim. I don't know if I'm serious but I have to ask if anyone else is serious here. If you do reply do pm me don't go posting any info out in the open. Thanks

Honestly my first thought was you wanted advice on mining virgin ground. You could drop $200 on an annual AMRA membership and get access to a lot of claims all over the west coast (they just picked up quite a few in western AZ recently). That's what I did anyways, to me it has the best bang for buck. These guys also are constantly supporting your ability to continue to pan public lands and they are nonprofit unlike other "clubs" and gold is life for a lot of them so the advice you do get from them is SOLID.

For the most part, folks on here are retired and have a recreation mentality so as for finding "serious" people... good luck! The ones that are serious aren't very friendly to boot, dont expect the red carpet to roll out haha.

Kenmitch

Oct 7, 2016
SoCal
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....And I was going to say I'd need to see your hole to be sure!

Laz7777

Dec 19, 2015
South Fork Yuba River, Motherlode
Detector(s) used
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
first, a virgin is a first-timer at Rocky Horror, a pilgrim eats turkey or gets sneered at by the Duke....you're a greenhorn.
you need your initiation first...put your clothes on inside out and backwards and get in line on your hands and knees..oh wait a minute, that's crossing the line and the terms are wog and shellback.

so you aspire...clubs abound everywhere and what should you choose? tuff question and I doubt you'll get any easy answer.
most of AZ doesn't have gold where there's water, so.....you could try the potholes district down near Yuma and the Colorado river, there's some color down there I hear, some claims too.
you might try a club like the Mohave Prospectors' Association out of Kingman..they'll lend you a drywasher and let you go on there claims, when I did that 4 years ago it cost $35 for a years' membership, found something too.

other than that, greenhorn, dunno what to tell ya.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:
OP
OP
B

blackchipjim

Dec 25, 2016
ohio
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes yes green horn I am, I was thinking Prescott lynx area for panning since her girlfriend and husband live within an hour. The wife has family around mesa and scattered around the area, even near cave creek. I'm still coming back from a replacement surgery so this is just conjucture on my part. I will look for prospecting clubs to join if nobody is or wants company for a day digging. I understand solitude and quiet are part of nature that few enjoy and respect that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions