Good stuff

T

Tuolumne

anyone going to comment on this? this is definitely in my backyard, im lucky i havent had that happen to me yet, Hell my name and email is on claim signs so anyone can contact me anytime and signs not on a tree:) but the LEO came looking for my neighbor who posted his claim signs on trees, they were gonna get him for that! DFW search is more scary as far as rights go than forest service, DFW has way more liberty to search than a normal sheriff or forest LEO, but the whole taser thing is crazy maybe they will use my bear spray as excuse to rouse my camp next time! lol
how much $$$ is the retainer fee amra put up for the legal team? Anyone donate to amra think thats the best way to spend donations? Whats the time frame on a case like this?

T

Tuolumne

you tell a DFW that you dont want your car searched at a abalone check point or DFW suspects violation, you aint getting away from the DFW on that ...forest service you can fight with but DFW probable cause is the most shady, it is the worst for submitting your rights if they think a wildlife violation is occurring.... its the taser that sets it apart, how many of us have been approached with guns blazing?

Last edited:

bcfromfl

Feb 18, 2016
Youngstown, FL
Detector(s) used
GPX 4500,
Fisher Gold Bug Pro,
Gold Hog stream sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the sounds of this article, it just strikes me like a couple of bad apples got swelled heads from the weight of the badge (although the ignorance from the higher-ups is concerning). I think the takeaway is to be alert and proactive, and just be courteous and non-confrontational in a tense situation. I frequently wonder when reading these reports what actually went on...but didn't make it into print. Take names and badge numbers if necessary, but no need to hire an attorney. There are several steps to be taken before that point, i.e., sheriff, congressman, Sacramento, etc.

On the positive side, if stuff like this happens and is rectified, there is a chance that the pendulum will swing the other way -- DPW not wanting bad press, etc., with a new administration and new policies.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the sounds of this article, it just strikes me like a couple of bad apples got swelled heads from the weight of the badge (although the ignorance from the higher-ups is concerning). I think the takeaway is to be alert and proactive, and just be courteous and non-confrontational in a tense situation. I frequently wonder when reading these reports what actually went on...but didn't make it into print. Take names and badge numbers if necessary, but no need to hire an attorney. There are several steps to be taken before that point, i.e., sheriff, congressman, Sacramento, etc.

On the positive side, if stuff like this happens and is rectified, there is a chance that the pendulum will swing the other way -- DPW not wanting bad press, etc., with a new administration and new policies.
In the Stanislaus NF the USFS LEOs are infamous for abusing their authority.Traffic stops and illegal searches are common. From a Forest Service employee!! In MY forest. I am honestly surprised that there has not been a Claude Dallas type incident.That did not end well for anyone

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
This is also an example of how video on your cell phone can be your best friend. Their words coming from their moths.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't this exactly what AMRA is supposed to spend donations on?

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldwasher,
The article indicates this took place on 24 January but does not give the year, did this just happen in 2017?

I've never had any issues with any human beings along the NFAR, only bears. Due to many issues with the bears I always carry a sidearm that would stop any bear and because of the bears I always will carry out there. I would hope that the Leo's in the forest's of the U.S.A., we being the taxpayers and owners of the forest, would operate in a manner other than what is depicted in this AMRA warning! Incidents of this nature perpetrated by ANY Hot Headed person, Leo or not, increase the possibility of a confrontation going way wrong and I want no part of that!..............63bkpkr

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldwasher,
The article indicates this took place on 24 January but does not give the year, did this just happen in 2017?

I've never had any issues with any human beings along the NFAR, only bears. Due to many issues with the bears I always carry a sidearm that would stop any bear and because of the bears I always will carry out there. I would hope that the Leo's in the forest's of the U.S.A., we being the taxpayers and owners of the forest, would operate in a manner other than what is depicted in this AMRA warning! Incidents of this nature perpetrated by ANY Hot Headed person, Leo or not, increase the possibility of a confrontation going way wrong and I want no part of that!..............63bkpkr

It was last year.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The incidents of aloof, power abusing government LEO's has been spreading like a putrid fever for years now. I have had experiences on my claims as well. I've always thought the best way to deal with it is to make an example out of a few of the worst by holding them accountable in court. I think that's the intention of AMRA and Western Mining Alliance, at least I hope so.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like how they said our woods like they own the public lands, I would have told them sorry it's as much mine as it is yours.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We're none of these war hero's armed? They had a right to defend themselves and could have taken care of the problem right there.
I've dealt with the same aholes and I'll never do it again. The woods are way too big and I can dig holes all day.

Last edited:

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not that I condone violence but there is a time and place. At the least they could have disarmed the tyrants and held them at citizens arrest until the sheriff got there. They can confiscate their guns and trucks as they do to us as if we are the criminals. As citizens and ex soldiers it's not only our right but it's our DUTY to stop this and defend our Constitution if the Leo's aren't willing to.
Remember, a government doesn't grant you rights, rights are taken by free men FROM a government.
You need to have a plan while you're out there or get caught with your pants down.

It's our duty as citizens to stand up and stop this behavior.
Everything they do for us and against us is funded by our tax dollars.

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The time is ripe for federal employees to be concerned about there jobs due to the federal employee hiring freeze instituted by the president. Although unwarranted, I know that some FS employees are concerned they may lose their jobs. This I have been told by a FS friend that works in the district that I am prospecting. Maybe the unbridled FS Leos will start toeing the line a little better in OUR forest.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread