If you could prospect anywhere in the United States....

crumbaker

Feb 22, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Other than Alaska where would you go?

I'm in a situation where around October I will have the money, no gf/wife and be out of my lease. I'm trying to start a 3d modeling(video game stuff) career which I can freelance anywhere. I will be using a highbanker with a bilge pump that can be operated off site in a tub or directly in the river/creek. Will be looking at public places or making deals with people that own claims/joining a mining group with multiple.

I was thinking I could try some places east of Sacramento, but I'm having trouble narrowing down a specific place. Would run the highbanker in a tub the appropriate distance away. I also have a metal detector so I thought that area would be good for that also. Anyway if anyone has any other suggestions I'm open to hearing them. I am able to go anywhere really within the lower 48.

Upvote 0

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
without the lower 48 limit
I would go to alaska where the glaciers are receding- got to be lots of gold there

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Probably right where I am living right now. I just bought a place in very northern CA, only 3 miles from the stormy Pacific (right now) some beaches have heavy black sands. I didn't move here just because of the gold. It is retirement time and got a great price on a new home. population is 8800 and many places for crabbing and fishing too! A lot easier to catch a $10 crab than find a $10 picker.

I assume I can stay there free when i come out?

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Would the Black Hills be any good?

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yosemite could be interesting

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yosemite could be interesting. Or instead of where how about when! I think it would have been very nice to be the first miner to hit the Yuba 😉

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Crumbaker. It's a great question you have. If you are looking to highbanker then you will limit the what and where of your mining no matter where in the lower 48 you go. The gold and the conditions always dictate how the mining will occur. That takes some study of the specific areas and what is necessary to extract the minerals. Good luck. The mothrlode east of Sacramento is a great place.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread