63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ma Nature sure does have a nice jewellery collection! Thanks Doc................63bkpkr

burtonridr

Greenie
Feb 3, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds in that article!

We really like searching for gems, almost more than gold panning. Last year we hit a spot know for smoky quartz and topaz. This year we expanded our research and located a hard to get to spot with aquamarine, cassiterite, limonite, fluorite, and scheelite. I cant wait for some of the snow to melt off the high elevations!!!

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Curse you Doc!! You just made my gold fever, er' cabin fever worst! Nice specimens most of the minerals we find are garnets and quartz.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that is neat. I too started as a rockhound. When I was in my very early teens I used to visit a local rock store (they had those back in the 60's) all the time. I used to do chores for the old lady that owned it and she would give me rocks and fossils. I had a pretty good collection too. Then I joined the Navy and left everything to my brother to WATCH for me (including a 57 chevy, two door, convertible in car show condition) when I got back everything was gone. All I was able to find was a small box of tourmaline.

is there a market for these? where would I go to sell?

burtonridr

Greenie
Feb 3, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tourmaline are very cool, I wish we had a good area to prospect gem quality ones near where I live... I saw a report of black tourmaline not far from here, but someone has a claim on it for molybdenum if I remember right.

I wish I knew a good way to market these myself.... From what I have gathered, it doesn't hurt to start dialing rock shops. If they aren't interested, they might know someone that is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread