ASRA Prospecting

Jefthund

Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a few weeks off next month and I was looking at the ASRA for prospecting for a week or so. My question is, are there any good areas free to park my vehicle for this long in the area, and not make the trip down to the river unbearable?

I was looking into going toward either up from Jims bridge to indian creek, or in the area up river from stevens trail past secret ravine. I am not set for this location, but its really the only area I've been to. I wouldn't mind going farther in any direction if there are better areas.

This will be my first time out for longer than a day and any advice, or possibly richer locations, would really be appreciated.

-Jeff

Upvote 0

infotraker

Dec 20, 2013
Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites mxt
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The rivers are very high now, maybe down by then. There are $10 fees at each bridge, Yankee jims, mineral bar, ponderosa.you can check blm for the $20 bear pass then park for free till end of may. Only safe place for that long may be the parking across from mineral bar camp ground. You can hike from there on north side on Pennyweight trail then catch Stevens trail. Then go downsteam on trail taking other short trails down to points on the river. You can. Or get to Indian creek from Yankee jims, shirttail creek will probably be to high to cross.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
make sure you know hats private and claimed

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The rivers are high and dangerous now and the rocks near the edge can be wet and slippery from surges of water flow as the snow melt and side drainages runoff add extra into the flow. Great care should be taken as one slip could be your last slip. Safety to all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread