white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I haven't been on that trip BUT to other parts of Alaska! It all depends on how knowledgeable and determined and hard you work! You will get what you put into it! NOBODY is going to do it for you! Doing the side trips , going fishing , and visiting the other camps pulls away your time to get the gold! The side trips are nice BUT ..................

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
look into some of the places near Chicken that are private. You may save money and be in a less crowded camp. You will also have road access to other cool spots.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
look into some of the places near Chicken that are private. You may save money and be in a less crowded camp. You will also have road access to other cool spots.

I agree.

If the gold found on the beach at the camp is anything like what is currently found along the Washington, Oregon and California coast then it is mostly minus 100 mesh and that stuff will test your panning skills to the max. Yeah you will find gold but in total it will probably only amount to a few pickers in weight. If you can get into one of the outlying camps you can probably do better but...that is an if as far as I know. I kind of see the trip as a summer camp for adults.

Sockeye1730

Feb 7, 2017
Juneau AK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear Chicken can be very fun. I would also recommend a drive down the Denali Hwy and propecting the Valdez Cr. / Clearwater Mts area. Not sure if there is much gold left, but the country and camping opportunities are awesome.

If you want a full-on culture shock, get a ticket to Nome :laughing7:

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone if I had the time I would love to drive from here to chicken it looks like it would be a nice place to camp and I'm sure the scenery on the way there would be amazing

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fly into Anchorage and get a rental. you will not regret it. Skagway as a start is even better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions