Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I never dreamed I would have to do this, but it is with a broken heart that I must tell you that my buddy, the "other" Jeff..."goldenIrishman" passed away in his sleep last night from a heart attack. He was 59, a great friend, mentor and my BEST phone buddy. He spent hours upon hours on the phone with me while he tried to teach me everything he knew about maps (tons) and Land Matters use. He and Jan were planning on coming out to our place this summer. Anyone else who was close to Jeff in friendship and his location, feel free to PM me as Jan could use some of our help at some time in the future.
God Bless you Jeff. You are already missed. :angel7: :4leafclover:

I know this kind of thing is awkward, especially for me, but I feel if you hit "like" you're liking the man and his many contributions... and not his passing. OK?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks to all of you. I'm dealing with it like an adult today and it ain't easy. I've been taught to help others at times like this and God is following thru fulfilling that path for me. I'm going to let Jan read all of this...soon as I call and get her e-mail address. I'm sure it'll make her cry (like me) but it will be a "good" cry. :unhappysmiley:

Vertigold

Greenie
Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
goldenirishman

May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of his hand.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I joined T-net this thread got my attention. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/p...-3-goldenirishmans-monsoon-mining-thread.html
Inspirational, educational... just a great read. You could feel the passion for this "prospecting" thing... that seems to be an addiction.
I followed Jeff.... teaching Jeff... and the bond that I saw develop. My guess is they learned from one another.
I'am very sorry to here this, and my prayers go out to his family and friends.
If it was up to me, people like Mr. GoldenIrishman would live to be 135! And.... get gold the entire time!

Celtic_Cross_and_Blessing_by_joyreid.jpg

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hang in there Jeff..soon the pain will pass and only the good memories
will be left behind....(and I am positive they were ALL good!)

Lost my best friend, mining partner (hell, he was an everything
partner)
of 40+ years in May '14. Still miss him, but it's with a smile.

Never met GI, but we had chatted on the phone, and seeing his picture it
leaves no doubt that he was quite a character. Had planned to visit him
along with Herb down in 29 Palms if I was able to make a Fall trip this year.

My buddy Ken is also up working on the "Celestial Claim", and I hope they
run into one another.

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff always had some good information and thoughtful opinions to share and was one who many looked up to and respected. He will be greatly missed here, this a very sad day for our community. My condolences go out to his family and friends.

cshirsch

Apr 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This made me sad.

Jeff was the first person I communicated with after I joined TNet. That was my choice and I have never regretted it. I always found him to be an intelligent, inquisitive and helpful person. He was literally full of life and adventure and he always tried his best to help other miners to find their place.

I will remember Jeff as a friend to all miners.

So long Jeff, you had a good ride and shared it well. You will be missed by myself and many others. Not many men leave a public legacy such as yours. Thank you for sharing yourself so freely. See you on the other side buddy.

Heavy Heart
Barry

Barry, you arranged for me to meet up with Jeff in Greaterville and we were close friends from then on. I spent many a starry night discussing all kinds of things with him when we used to camp out on our gold mining trips. Damn, I'm sure going to miss him.

Last edited:

cshirsch

Apr 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spoke with Jan at length yesterday and she really relied on Jeff due to her vision impairment. If there is anyone in the Kingman, AZ area that can possibly help her, she needs it. Let me know and I can give you her contact information. She can't drive, she is in dire need of help. I live in the Houston area and can not make it.

OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you, Chris in TX? Right? When I last spoke to Jan about it, Jeff's sister will be on site this Monday to assist but what you said...all true. Still hoping to hear from AZViper. Pretty much obligated to stay put myself.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to hear news as this....didn't know the fellow, but reading this thread I've learned that he was admired and respected.
Condolences.

OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry to hear news as this....didn't know the fellow, but reading this thread I've learned that he was admired and respected.
Condolences.

Thanks BigWaveDave. And thanks for the opportunity to mention (as ORviking has posted) the legacy he left us which was his mining journal.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/p...-3-goldenirishmans-monsoon-mining-thread.html

The man tuffed it out on beans and bullets for months at a time in the AZ desert prospecting, finding himself and periodically checking in, when back in cell range. I'll surely miss that.

Kenmitch

Oct 7, 2016
SoCal
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sad! RIP GI. I didn't know him but his legacy will live on forever in this forum!

cshirsch

Apr 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, Chris in TX? Right? When I last spoke to Jan about it, Jeff's sister will be on site this Monday to assist but what you said...all true. Still hoping to hear from AZViper. Pretty much obligated to stay put myself.

Yes, I am in the Houston area. I wish I could be there to help Jan. It really saddens me that I can't be there.

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm sorry to hear about his passing.

Top Member Reactions