Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I never dreamed I would have to do this, but it is with a broken heart that I must tell you that my buddy, the "other" Jeff..."goldenIrishman" passed away in his sleep last night from a heart attack. He was 59, a great friend, mentor and my BEST phone buddy. He spent hours upon hours on the phone with me while he tried to teach me everything he knew about maps (tons) and Land Matters use. He and Jan were planning on coming out to our place this summer. Anyone else who was close to Jeff in friendship and his location, feel free to PM me as Jan could use some of our help at some time in the future.
God Bless you Jeff. You are already missed. :angel7: :4leafclover:

I know this kind of thing is awkward, especially for me, but I feel if you hit "like" you're liking the man and his many contributions... and not his passing. OK?

Upvote 0

bcfromfl

Feb 18, 2016
Youngstown, FL
Detector(s) used
GPX 4500,
Fisher Gold Bug Pro,
Gold Hog stream sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always sorry to hear about someone passing, but happy to read of your friendship. My condolences.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I/we on this forum as well as his friends and relatives will miss him. He too has helped me in the past via a few PM's. Rest in peace.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are the quotes from GoldenIrishman's signature line-

goldenIrishman said:
"Those that make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" John F. Kennedy

When I joined the Army I took an oath to protect this country from enemies both foreign and domestic. To the best of my knowledge I've never been relieved of that oath and will continue to follow it to the best of my ability.

A man with principles is to be admired. Especially soldiers. :usflag:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very sorry to hear of Goldenirishman's passing. I enjoyed his comments and advice. He will be missed.
My condolences to you Jeff95531 as well as to his family.

Rest In Peace Goldenirishman :icon_salut:

GG~

Last edited:

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the post I read right before this was a post to you Jeff on another thread. I'm shocked....so sorry for your loss.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My condolences Jeff I will truly miss him! I too have had several conversations with him. He was a man of great principles and liked to call you grasshopper. May he hit the motherlode in the sky. God speed GI.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am so sorry also. I used to also enjoy reading his comments. Seemed like a really nice guy.

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My condolences to Jeff's family and to you, the other Jeff. It is always tough to loose a true friend. "Old soldiers never die". RIP,Jeff.

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Bazooka Sniper 30", Gold Cube 4 Stack, Gold Cube Trommel, Gold Screw Trommel, Jaw crushers, Impact Mill, Shaker Table, Spiral Wheels, Blue Bowl, Sluices, Picks, Pry Bars, Shovels,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry to hear this news. With all respect RIP GI.

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a young age to pass, always hard losing a friend. My sincere condoleances to his family and you Jeff.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GI was always there to offer help, and gave great advice to those
searching for gold.

None of us come with expiration dates, but as Bill said, his came awful early.
No doubt there was something more important for him, elsewhere.

Rest in Peace Jeff.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
RIP GI! A good man always willing to help and share. Heavy pans in heaven my friend!

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RIP Jeff. I will really miss your well thought out contributions to this site.

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember him in your future hunts, it will bring some good memories and maybe a little help from above ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread