Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,

Here is another interesting article I came across that talks about research that proves the gold humans have access to in the Earth's crust came from gold contained in meteorites that impacted the planet after the planetary crust had already formed and solidified. It also refers to the fact that most of the gold in the Earth was pulled to the core by gravity while the earth was still in a molten state.

This also makes me wonder what formed the gold in the meteorites. It would have had to have been created in stars that later went supernova. There is still a lot we don't know.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/09/110907132044.htm

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Problems arise when saying asteroids and meteorites contributed or are the cause of the gold and other stuff on Earth. Reason being they contain unmeasurable gold or other metals. Like I posted, after iron and nickel cobalt is next at lass than 1%. Gold has been reported in meteorites at times in very tiny amounts. Earth, I've been told has a molten core of the same composition as meteorites, iron and nickel
I just don't see asteroids as the source of our elements.
What we see as empty space if full of star dust. Earth had billions of years prospecting space and gravity is it's sluice.

Theories are like a box of chocolates. Pick one.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Earth had billions of years prospecting space and gravity is it's sluice.

OMG I love this. May just put it on a t-shirt!! You ok with that?

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the fact remains stuff from the top is in the middle and bottom and top. sure somethings of value have smacked into the top. The distribution of mineralized areas on the macro and micro tells a different story.....that story is something other than that we were shellacked with gold leaf, and peacock patina and weird rusty bands, Why are there seashells on mountain tops made of marble?

Just the way it is sure lets figure out more ..BUT!!

ClaimStake

Jul 27, 2015
Oroville CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2 (sold it)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
newer(or ancient) physics is showing that how we think planetary bodies form and behave is very different than popular theories and models predict.

a little well known physics concept. gravity gets shielded by mass. gravity is a push not a pull. space pushes us to the ground.
after about 75-150Km(depending on material density) the downward force of gravity loses its effect.https://www.google.com/webhp?source...v=2&ie=UTF-8#q=gravity+is+a+push+not+a+pull&*

there are areas of low pressure and temperature within the earth. and there is no gravity.
the reason it gets hotter (in most areas) as you dig down is because of the pressure forces(friction), insulation properties, and EM layering. heat in an electric circuit is generated in areas with a lack of electrons(+ charge) and high current(high AMPS low VOLT). the very surface of the crust has a high - charge(high VOLT low AMPS) and gradually becomes more + as you go down.
anode to cathode and then it switches back over after another distance further down to - again but this time at high AMPS low VOLT.

volcanoes are formed by friction between fault lines not upwellings of magma. think of rubbing your hands together to make heat. than think of rolling a ball of playdoh.

also transmutation of light to heavier elements can be achieved when under high pressure and the right radio waves. earthquakes emit RF. maybe this is why gold is flash deposited(or transmuted on the spot) along with H2O and silica. electrolysis will separate water giving you the protons(H+) needed for a transmutation. radon is often produced in an earthquake there's your nutron.

maybe we're not star dust after all... ;)

Last edited:

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
OMG I love this. May just put it on a t-shirt!! You ok with that?

As long as you take credit for it. If I'm wrong about the origins of anything I don't want to be blamed.

Do you ever prospect the Crystal Peak area? Just wondering as I was invited to a claim there a few years ago. Amazonite.
Had a great time.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nope, I'm too obsessed with gold still ;)

Last edited:

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well gold came from somewhere before earth was formed so it's definitely a space rock, just like earth, but an element we can discern as noble. Every rock was technically a space rock originally. Now they are part of earth. Whenever and however it happened we will probably never know.

Last edited:

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dislike their so called theories. For at least 30 years all we heard was the universe was formed by the big bang. Guess what? Disproven! Now they don't know what to think!

ClaimStake

Jul 27, 2015
Oroville CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2 (sold it)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
here's a theory the earth is a nuclear reactor.

and the sun is over glorified ball lightning.

strange how stars have so much hydrogen and helium but so little of much else.
yet the planets are mostly composed of rock and heavier gasses. how did that work out??

stars are not the only place nuclear reactions occur.

but of course I'm just hypothesizing, such a far cry from a lab coat with a grant twerking at them.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I read the article, https://phys.org/news/2015-02-big-quantum-equation-universe.html. If true, it would diprove the big bang theory. But depends on a lot of other things.

That's the beauty of Theoretical Physics..you get to dream up all
kinds of hypothetical scenarios, and then work to apply a level
of plausibility to them.

After reading the article, I would agree that such a determination
would require a number of yet unproven quantum algorithms to
be proven correct. That, in and of itself, could take decades of
work using technology we have yet to develop.

Gold came from space, as did humanity (and everything else)...
...it all came from space in one form or another. The Earth gets
hit with over 35 TONS of meteorites and assorted space material
each year, and that is mostly iron. The gold would have arrived
during the Earths early formation and perhaps during the Late
Heavy Bombardment as well.

The next few hundred years will hopefully see technologies that
will allow us (humanity) to mine comets and small planets hanging
outside our solar system.

That's gonna give an entire new meaning to the term "Prospecting"...:occasion14:

Last edited:

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I dislike their so called theories. For at least 30 years all we heard was the universe was formed by the big bang. Guess what? Disproven! Now they don't know what to think!

As theories go, disproven is a harsh word. Most all we live with, including the stuff we build, is theory based and very few laws. A theory first has to conform to existing law then can proceed to peer review.
An illustration of this would be perpetual motion. Perpetual motion is against the law of entropy. So anyone that goes to a patent office with a machine claimed to have perpetual motion will be shown the door.
To "disprove" a theory can be a huge effort.
When you say the Big Bang theory was disproven it can only be with another theory. One theory can't disprove another except with a preponderance of evidence. Like in law, evidence isn't proof. Most people go to jail on evidence that is circumstantial and little or no proof.
My suggestion is simply don't hitch your horse to a theory too soon. It's all in fun anyway. Nothing is real, nothing to get hung about. A theory I borrowed.:happysmiley:

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
This outfit is saying they'll be ready to start mining asteroids by 2020:

Dreaming of the stars? Asteroid mining is the first step. | MINING.com

I guess if they found a substantial market for iron and nickle it might be ok otherwise I'm thinking they are searching for investors that don't know asteroids.
Just saying I haven't seen any good reason to mine an asteroid. But I haven't seen everything.
Based on the contents of meteorites I'd try alchemy first, ya you?

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless of course they mine the asteroids of gold and platinum. Then they run the risk of flooding the market , lowering the value. They will need to take a lesson from DeBeers Diamond

Buckshotnc

Nov 5, 2012
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher GBII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Maybe I missed something here but my question is if gold came from meteorites why did the meteorites choose to land in certain areas together and not in other areas of the earth altogether. We have know gold belts, Ie, I'm in the South Mountain Gold Belt in NC.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe I missed something here but my question is if gold came from meteorites why did the meteorites choose to land in certain areas together and not in other areas of the earth altogether. We have know gold belts, Ie, I'm in the South Mountain Gold Belt in NC.

I've seen no evidence gold came from meteorites or that they can choose where to land. Seems they land everywhere but are just not found often. Being mostly iron, rust is a problem. The more nickel the less corrosion. Stainless steel is iron/nickel but can have other elements also. Chrome usually. Meteorites that have been recovered are almost entirely iron and nickel. The other trace elements are usually less that 1%. Gold has been reported rarely that I have seen.

The gold belt where I live in NM roughly follows the Rio Grande. Gold is often found by rivers and dry arroyos. Where gold came from has a number of theories. My favorite is from exploding stars. Star dust. Few things have the power to make elements. The earth can cause the trace elements concentrate into deposits by several methods.
There are people here that can go much deeper on this.

Jason777

Greenie
Nov 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, good Lord! The foolishness of people trying to explain how things came to be all by itself.

Although it might be an entertaining thought, but after you realize that from all of the millions of meteorites recovered to date every single one is made of iron and doesn't contain a single trace of gold.

Nor is any gold associated with any meteor crater, it is always associated with quartz veins or hydrothermal deposits.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread