And now for something completly different.......

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Then she said "this is the last time I take you to the big city"!!!
View attachment 1440492

I know the feeling. Bass Pro Shop in Rocklin has a pond in front of the store surrounded by giant quartz boulders. Everytime I see it I think sledgehammer and chisel.

OP
OP
mike(swWash)

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's kind of funny how it goes.

I told my prospecting partner on the way home from his 1st trip that he will now and forever see things a bit differently.
Now every moving body of water you drive by gets your attention..."Hmmmm I never noticed that gravel bar before, I wonder?!?!". Then there's trips to the hardware store for a light bulb and you go out of your way to walk through the plumbing or wire screen section to just stop and look and think.
Then there's trips to the thrift stores looking at the beat up backpacks, even though you've never gone for a hike in your life, not to mention seeing the crutches and walkers and try to think of a good use for those too.

Best of all, a few months ago at work, we needed to empty a below ground tank that was full of water and mud and there were no pumps on site that could handle it, they were going to call a vacuum truck in at $800. for 4 hrs., wait, give us a few minutes.... so we grabbed of few 3" pipe and hose fittings out of the store room, spent 30 minutes on the pipe threading machine, clamped some hoses to the ends and hooked up a nearby water hose for pressure, viola... an infinity jet.... the bosses thought we were Einsteins and asked where that idea came from...Oh, I don't know, it just came to us....:laughing7:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread