Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: Rookie Gold!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Apr 2007
    Clearwater, FL
    816 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    nice
    Gold4Mike likes this.

us
    May 2017
    Mount Vernon, Washington
    Angus Mackirk Foreman Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer Gold Hog Piglet highbanker Home made slate miller table
    392 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofreak View Post
    Awesome job man! It will become quite the addiction if it hasn't already
    Oh, it has! That's why we're still going out as we head into winter.

us
    May 2017
    Mount Vernon, Washington
    Angus Mackirk Foreman Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer Gold Hog Piglet highbanker Home made slate miller table
    392 times
    Prospecting
    The river was frosty this morning, but my wife and I headed out to see what our tolerences were. I also wanted to try out a new back pack frame that I bought to lug the ever increasing amount of gear out to our dig site. It worked well and I'm sure I'll figure out better ways to haul everything. The sun never shined on us, staying below the high bank on the other side of the river but we did ok for about 2 1/2 hours before fingers and toes became too numb. We were happy with our results though. I'm interested to hear how everyone stays warm digging during the winter months.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1040.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	2.73 MB 
ID:	1524912 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1038.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	3.23 MB 
ID:	1524913 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1071.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	4.40 MB 
ID:	1524914
    oneguy, Oddjob, Vijojure and 2 others like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Ed Tracy

Jan 2015
    Shoreline,wa
    Equinox 800
    685 times
    Prospecting
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160516_182843r.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	4.21 MB 
ID:	1524925Par for the course this time of the year in our area, to keep warm keep digging besides if you are on the gold you forget everything including the cold. I don't carry any more since I built my dolly.
    Gold4Mike and Gravelwasher like this.

Aug 2012
    RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
    8626 times
    Gold4Mike, you going to show off your total.
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.B. View Post
    I'm not an Idiot Whisperer. I can't help you any further with the math.

RTR
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20
    7834 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold4Mike View Post
    My wife and I got our first gold on the South Fork of the Nooksack today. It's not much, but we only ran about 1 five gallon bucket of gravel classified to 1/8 and run through a Angus Mackirk Foreman sluice. I had trouble getting the sluice to run right so there was a lot of time wasted, so I'm pretty happy with what we got, and yes I did the happy gold dance, which wasted more time. The gold looks bigger in person!Attachment 1458963
    Nice going on the Gold...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	010.JPG 
Views:	124 
Size:	3.06 MB 
ID:	1524963 Idea....Bring your classifieds home.Set up your Angus like this.And take your time at home.Good luck.
    Gold4Mike and Assembler like this.

us
    May 2017
    Mount Vernon, Washington
    392 times
    Prospecting
    Oddjob, that was our total, lol.
    RTR, I was liking you're setup in the picture. I may try to do that for my back yard creek, because during summer it doesn't have enough flow to sluice. Wife and I are way above the one bucket production now and I wouldn't want to have to carry all that classified material out. I really like the AM, but with good flow we have been able to run unclassified easily through our Grizzly Gold Trap. Saves us a lot of time and energy.
    Oddjob likes this.

us
    May 2017
    Mount Vernon, Washington
    392 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by et1955 View Post

Name:	20160516_182843r.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	4.21 MB 
ID:	1524925Par for the course this time of the year in our area, to keep warm keep digging besides if you are on the gold you forget everything including the cold. I don't carry any more since I built my dolly.
    The digging and seeing gold in the riffles definitely worked for a while, but eventually fingers became too numb. No sun patches showing through to try and warm up. How does your dolly do on rough or steep ground? My pack was comfortable, but heavy. I would love a donkey or burro to carry my stuff for me.

us
    May 2017
    Mount Vernon, Washington
    392 times
    Prospecting
    My wife and I have gotten out a few times to the local river this winter when the weather has been warm or dry enough. We've been without internet since Christmas so I haven't posted any results. It was nice having upper 40's yesterday so we headed out, although it did shower on us a few times. Certainly looking forward to warmer and longer days but it has been nice to add to the vial occasionally.

Name:	IMG_1410.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	3.31 MB 
ID:	1559771

This picture shows our mesh bag safety anchor at work! Put a large rock into a mesh bag and attach to sluice to keep it from floating away when I'm not watching.

Name:	IMG_1411.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	2.25 MB 
ID:	1559772

We found more bigger flakes than we normally do, but seemed like less of the little specks. Maybe that's a good sign? We seem to have our best luck tight into the bank and under the brush that is in the flood level water. This stuff is from the top 4-6 inches of gravel. I do find gold deeper than that, but it seems to be smaller and less prevalent.

Name:	IMG_1418.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	2.52 MB 
ID:	1559768

us
    Jun 2013
    El Dorado County
    ROCKING GOLD GRABBER MINI- BGT PROSPECTOR- ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- MILLER TABLE, MULTIPLE SUCKER TUBES, VARIOUS HAND TOOLS, PANS AND CLASSIFERS, FORS GOLD PLUS, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER- DIY ROD MILL
    3062 times
    nice idea about the mesh bag
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldDoozah View Post
    The fact that homo sapiens teach genetically engineered canines tricks, on the third planet of this particular star in the Milky Way, is extremely unlikely.

us
    May 2017
    Mount Vernon, Washington
    392 times
    Prospecting
    It was actually my wife's idea. I give her all the credit for that one!
    KevinInColorado likes this.

us
    Aug 2015
    Montana
    etrac, GM 1000
    593 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold4Mike View Post
    It was actually my wife's idea. I give her all the credit for that one!
    yeah... good idea! I've got the Motherlode and it's like trying to set up a sail during a wind storm!!!! Sometimes my RR tie doesn't even want to hold it down..........
    Gold4Mike likes this.

us
    May 2017
    Mount Vernon, Washington
    392 times
    Prospecting
    Wifey and I tried out a new spot this past weekend. We hiked in about half a mile to this spot. Always hoping to find bigger or more gold, lol. We didn't see flakes as big as we had been seeing in the other spot, but we sure found more flour gold than we have seen. Every medium (big cobble, gravel under cobble, gravel on surface, sand on surface) that we ran through our Grizzly Prospector showed color in the riffles. And yes, the Grizzly catches fine gold. This is from about 8 buckets of unclassified.

Name:	IMG_1528.JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	5.23 MB 
ID:	1570144 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1529.JPG 
Views:	109 
Size:	4.89 MB 
ID:	1570147

RTR
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20
    7834 times
    Gotta dig deeper Mike

us
    May 2017
    Mount Vernon, Washington
    392 times
    Prospecting
    The deeper we dig, the less we get, lol.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links