Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Gold trap

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

May 2017
    Oregon
    Silver Sabre, AT Pro
    17 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Gold trap

Any good comparison between Bazooka and Grizzly gold traps?

us
    www.FindingGOLDinColorado.com

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Bazooka Goldtrap Prospector, Bazooka Goldtrap Sniper, Bazooka Goldtrap SuperMini, Angus Mackirk Expedition, custom metal sluices, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump, bench top rod mill, Whippet drywasher
    9182 times
    Prospecting
    Well, I compared an early prototype to a Bazooka and confirmed the Grizzly was just as good. Since then I understand they've improved the Grizzly's trap further so I'm excited to get my hands on a production version soon!!
    ...maybe in a week or two (fingers crossed).

us
    Mar 2015
    Greenwich, NY
    Whites Coin Master Whites Gold Master GMT, High banker/dredge, DIY hand trommel, DIY Miller table, DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice, Keene A-52 sluice, 1533 Wheaties
    386 times
    prospecting, metal detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinInColorado View Post
    Well, I compared an early prototype to a Bazooka and confirmed the Grizzly was just as good. Since then I understand they've improved the Grizzly's trap further so I'm excited to get my hands on a production version soon!!
    ...maybe in a week or two (fingers crossed).
    I have also been keeping an eye on the grizzly Kevin. Been keeping an eye on you also and have come to respect your opinions. Keep posting.
    Richard

us
    Mar 2014
    Lincolnton North Carolina
    30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box. Various Gold Pans
    1260 times
    Prospecting
    Are there any videos of said grizzly trap? Id like to see one in action. Hell, i don't even know what they look like! Kevin, hook us up with some pictures from your testing!
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.” -Aristotle

"Show me a man who resorts to violence, and I'll show you a man who has run out of good ideas." My Father, Robert Akers

Charter Member
    us
    Wolf Pack!

Jan 2014
    Brookings-Harbor Oregon
    Bounty hunter gold digger Keene A52. Keene A52P Bazooka mini. Prospectors choice clean up sluice. Blue Bowl Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
    8577 times
    russau and KevinInColorado like this.

Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.

A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.

A student said to his master, "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?"
    The master replied, "It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than to be a gardener in a war."

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    3938 times
    That video shows that this is NO light weight , flimsy sluice and should take a beating and keep on ticking!

us
    Dec 2012
    Concrete, WA
    Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
    4594 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by russau View Post
    That video shows that this is NO light weight , flimsy sluice and should take a beating and keep on ticking!

Any idea when they'll be available?

Website is set up for "pre-order" only.
    Mike (aka Dizz)

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest
    of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick
    the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you
    were our countrymen." ~~ Samuel Adams, 1776

Dizzy's Super-Simple, Universal Rule of Forum Conduct: Don't be an ass.

May 2017
    Oregon
    Silver Sabre, AT Pro
    17 times
    I'm glad you used one, Kevin. It appears as though you have the Bazooka. I ordered the Grizzly Explorer a few weeks ago and am looking forward to using it.
    Dan
    KevinInColorado likes this.

us
    Apr 2017
    Galt, CA
    78 times
    Prospecting
    Russau - bad boy. No AMP bashing allowed! We already went through this on another thread

us
    www.FindingGOLDinColorado.com

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Bazooka Goldtrap Prospector, Bazooka Goldtrap Sniper, Bazooka Goldtrap SuperMini, Angus Mackirk Expedition, custom metal sluices, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump, bench top rod mill, Whippet drywasher
    9182 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by RattlingDan View Post
    I'm glad you used one, Kevin. It appears as though you have the Bazooka. I ordered the Grizzly Explorer a few weeks ago and am looking forward to using it.
    Dan
    Yup, I have three Bazookas: Prospector, Sniper, Supermini. Also an Angus Mackirk for low water. In the next month or so I expect to get a Grizzly Goldtrap and a Gold Hog too. Hope it all fits in my truck! Actually, I'll probably sell whichever Bazooka the Grizzly is similar to...or maybe donate, we shall see.
    ALewis likes this.

us
    May 2017
    Mount Vernon, Washington
    Angus Mackirk Foreman Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer
    181 times
    Prospecting
    I pre-ordered one too, but it seems they are already behind on the predicted shipping dates.

Make America Great Again

Apr 2013
    Oregon
    2704 times
    what are the changes between Bazooka and Grizzly gold trap?

dont know if everyone saw this post, someone may want to save the photos for posterity.
    Ole_Tim's post of photos of the original Schmidt Bazooka Black Magic sluice
    in this thread--Uwharrie National Forest area sluicing
    " A pessimist is an optimist with experience "

May 2017
    Oregon
    Silver Sabre, AT Pro
    17 times
    I got an Email from Dennis at GGT yesterday. Sounds like shipping may begin late next week!

us
    May 2017
    Mount Vernon, Washington
    Angus Mackirk Foreman Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer
    181 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by RattlingDan View Post
    I got an Email from Dennis at GGT yesterday. Sounds like shipping may begin late next week!
    I didn't get that email.
    I did get this one back on June 2nd: "Our fabricator needed to make two adjustments on the thermoform molds (needed on all three models) so the first run of products is moved back to next week. So shipment of products will commence around end of next week."
    That should have been around the 9th. I haven't heard anything since.

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    3938 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP_KBell View Post
    Russau - bad boy. No AMP bashing allowed! We already went through this on another thread
    What the heck is a AMP bashing??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links