trouble staking a claim

Jun 23, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi out there,I'm brand new to the forum,so be patient.I have an issue with a claim I purchased from the department of land transfers.
This is a outfit selling Gold claims.I have 4 other claims with no issue's,purchased from other sources.
When I got to the claim, there were no corner posts marking the claim boundaries. I know the process of staking a claim and am concerned that the claim is not valid.So I checked at the court house and its filed.I checked with the BLM and its filed.
I asked the BLM guy about the legitimacy of the claim.He said we are just the place to file with, you need to contact the bureau of mines,to get some one with authority over the improper staking and filing,but as far as they are concerned the claim is filed.
So even the BLM calls this type of claim ( paper claims ) they are excepted???????????
I paid for a staked claim and it is not and in my opinion the claim was never properly done.Is there anyone with info about the Company
Dept of lands and there lack of ethics or a way to get help with this matter.

Thanks for any help Wandering Bear

Upvote 0

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome to the forums.

An outfit selling gold claims called the dept of land transfers is suspect. Just on the name.

If you bought it you'll need to stake it. BLM doesn't care. Some States do but what are you gonna do?

Is there gold there? You've gotten this far. Just do the rest. Figure out the spots you need to post, and do it. Check your local requirements about posts first.

You must have some idea where it's at. Locate it on google earth and give it your best guess.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do a search for Steven Cyros, "department of land transfer", "bureau of mines" is another name he uses its just a PO Box at the UPS store
he's patterned after GRE, Corey Shuman nether care if there is gold in the ground they just file and sell them.

what state? some states you dont need corner posts as long as they are mapped to the
PLSS by aliquot parts or government lots but all states need a monument in an obvious place.

you can use the mapping here; use the info "i" then click on the location to bring up the BLM LR2000 registry page
http://mylandmatters.org/Maps/Mining.html

Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a good chance that you've been completely scammed. You should also look and see if there has ever been a claim on it before yours, it could be barren land. I've even seen claims sold that were salted in a couple spots and then nothing else is ever found. But after looking at his feedback, it looks legit. Which one is yours? If it was posted on eBay then some of us can look up the history or look on landmatters.org like mentioned above.

Here's his feedback -
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

Last edited:

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The county knocked out one of my claim posts. I took a GPS and reposted it. It is on the side of the highway and they knocked it over with their giant weed whacker. I used a Delorme PN20 handheld GPS.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread