Dredging with Lycof.....

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just got back after meeting up with Lycof at his secret spot on a river that has no history of gold. He found a couple colors on another trip and so what the heck, I went with my 2.5" dredge and turned him loose. It looks like he enjoyed it DSCF0002.JPG
We set up and worked some slots in the false bedrock cleaned the overburden and vacuumed the cracks. I didn't expect much but we made the best with what we had.
DSCF0001.JPG
DSCF0004.JPG
DSCF0005.JPG
DSCF0007.JPG
Had a great day and made a new friend, he can show what we got for the 2hrs we ran, I was just sluice tender today and he earned whatever he finds in the cleanup.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lycof

Jul 29, 2017
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Had a blast Mike, I can't thank you enough. That thing moves a nice amount of material. Would have never thought that vacuuming could be so much fun. Told the woman that if there was gold in the carpets in the house, i'd vacuum them all day long :)

0826171532.jpg

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Best of all you made a friend, better than all the gold in the world.

Lycof

Jul 29, 2017
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah, Mike's pretty awesome. We set a meet time, I showed up 15 minutes early and he was already there. I knew it was going to be a good day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread