Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Role play? You find a vein ... whats the battle plan?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    "WP"

May 2012
    11022 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaScotiaGold View Post
    Ok Ill show another card, and or explain what I mean by private land lol ... by private land I mean my own land ... I own it. (With mortgage) ... This section of quartz outcrop is / was zoned residential in the 70's we'll pretend... lol same hillside as a hypothetical original mine site, just a few kilometers down the road. Perhaps was supposed to be mine expansion late 1800's ... but they screwed the pooch with thier "urban planning" in the 1940's while the war was on and no one knew what anyone else was doing. An older guy may or may not have had good instincts and willed the land to a family member. (Being yourself)

Running off those assumptions I would guess I am apparently im not overly generous with info and would prefer to verify the find, if there were one and quietly mine it ... under the pretenses of building an in ground pool if neighbors ask. ... save funds from sale of finds ... and then buy the neighbors houses as they sell them at this elevation. (Especially the other 5 lots in the area that have this quartz outcrop) put up a privacy wall & video surveillance to keep people out, "Private no Trespassing" sign. ... I have a feeling you are going to end up in court / dealing with officals for a few reasons if "word spread". Another thing to keep in mind or would be an issue in this case would be the expected existance of a fairly large septic field or other disposal unknown at this time. .... Id hate to go looking for gold and tap into the sidewall of a huge flow of nasty. Obviously I would suggest scouting the surface and exposed areas of land for "signs of minerals" collect all of them and tarp them out if site. I would suggest nighttime walks to remove obvious interesting stone from ends of driveways / ditches.
    If it is your septic , it can be located. They should be pumped out every few years and those pumping can usually locate them.
    A drain field leaches into soil around it and stains should warn you before too near.,
    Beware , I don't know what goes on in your locale, but there are eyes in the skies ( local zoning enforcement pot grow searches ,ect.)
    Radar deflecting tarps/ camouflage are off the surplus market for a reason here....

A test dig can have a pet grave marker on it if soil scar shows after back filling , if nosy neighbors are suspicious.
    A tent with no floor can allow some privacy,but only some.
    A backyard pond should have a fence around it before digging to prevent stray children and pets from falling in the hole ,before and after water is involved.....

Be sure who holds the mineral rights ,and federal,state or province regulations , and how far away neighboring properties can dig below their neighbors before buying up the neighborhood!
    NovaScotiaGold likes this.

Aug 2017
    20 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by releventchair View Post
    If it is your septic , it can be located. They should be pumped out every few years and those pumping can usually locate them.
    A drain field leaches into soil around it and stains should warn you before too near.,
    Beware , I don't know what goes on in your locale, but there are eyes in the skies ( local zoning enforcement pot grow searches ,ect.)
    Radar deflecting tarps/ camouflage are off the surplus market for a reason here....

A test dig can have a pet grave marker on it if soil scar shows after back filling , if nosy neighbors are suspicious.
    A tent with no floor can allow some privacy,but only some.
    A backyard pond should have a fence around it before digging to prevent stray children and pets from falling in the hole ,before and after water is involved.....

Be sure who holds the mineral rights ,and federal,state or province regulations , and how far away neighboring properties can dig below their neighbors before buying up the neighborhood!
    House is 40 years old, septic never serviced. I sense an issue lol. If I dig by the house I will hire a clean crew for sure before hand and dig it out.

Similar laws here regarding pools and ponds for fencing.

Met the guy who has mineral rights briefly at local event over the weekend. Seems like a solid guy. Not sure how that whole mineral rights thing works at this point ... on my "to do" for research as well as municipal provincial and federal regulations / laws.

Get the feeling the guy who has mineral rights is frustrated at community response to mining and wishes to do something productive.

Charter Member
    us
    "WP"

May 2012
    11022 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaScotiaGold View Post
    House is 40 years old, septic never serviced. I sense an issue lol. If I dig by the house I will hire a clean crew for sure before hand and dig it out.

Similar laws here regarding pools and ponds for fencing.

Met the guy who has mineral rights briefly at local event over the weekend. Seems like a solid guy. Not sure how that whole mineral rights thing works at this point ... on my "to do" for research as well as municipal provincial and federal regulations / laws.

Get the feeling the guy who has mineral rights is frustrated at community response to mining and wishes to do something productive.
    A healthy septic system ejects water to the drainfield. Sludge accumulates in septic tank.
    Kitchen grease is a killer on septic systems. Colored toilet paper and hair do not breakdown well ,with hair a lonnnng time to breakdown.

When tank is pumped ,there will be a witness line if grease is at play.
    Who ever pumps tank will know how deep sludge is.

As long as tank is breaking stuff down without undigested matter going to drainfield you are good.

Having done too much related shovel work putting in new drainfields as a kid ,and later involving a fouled drainfield...I get tanks pumped when buying a home ,and a few years after. ( Due again here.)

Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Murphys, CA
    Ace 250 (2), Gold Bug 2, Falcon MD20, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Garrett Pinpointer
    3522 times
    Coin shooting, Nugget shooting, Relic hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Consider this: collect a legitimate assay sample. If you did indeed hit the "big 'un", approach a large professional mining corporation and live high on your cut without anymore sweat dripping from your chin. ╦╦
    Be not concerned with what dirt your enemy has on you. Be concerned with where they got it from.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links