Project Of The Year Casting Pump Keene Aluminium

Aleksandrr

Oct 11, 2017
Россия
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello overseas brothers! I'm from Russia.:hello: Who really needs your help ... Who has a water pump Keene eng? We need to remove all dimensions from it and draw the drawings. I will pay! I want to make myself this. It's very expensive to buy. also sanctions between our countries. I really hope for you and your brothers' help! Sorry for the errors, I'm writing a translator through Google.:occasion14:

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Last edited:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
thank you Frank! but I will not back down from the idea to cast a pump made of aluminium. even if I have to order the original from Keene))) But I hope to find on this forum are good people. and will you do me the drawings of the pump.
Go make a 4" - 6" impeller pump with housing as the cost is much higher then a small 3" size pump. The larger engine you should not have any trouble getting and make or by a trailer to put it on. You will like the water discharge out of a 6" pump compared to a small 3" pump. You can be known as "Mr. Gold of Russia" after you upgrade to a 6" pump...LOL:laughing7:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Does anyone in Russia use a 8"-12" pumps on a rig or trailer? You may not have enough water to use a pump this size. The large pump would be very hard to move around as well.

OP
OP
Aleksandrr

Aleksandrr

Oct 11, 2017
Россия
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
of course use.
20150908_091528.jpg

Attachments

• 20150908_091341.jpg
    20150908_091341.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 42

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
do not understand. why Alaska?
The cost of equipment in parts of Alaska are also about 3 times the cost in the lower 48 States of the United States.

The idea with using a 6"-8" pump is that if you have enough water and settling ponds you may only need to run the pump at full speed for a day or two and let the water settle the rest of the week. You may have enough sand and gravel to run the back hoe the rest of the week while the water is settling out. You can see some of this in season two I think of "Gold Rush". Still think you should buy any 5"-6" water pump you can find new or used that has a keyed shaft. Then buy a coupler that fits both the pump and the engine you will be using. Keep us updated with pictures. Thanks.

OP
OP
Aleksandrr

Aleksandrr

Oct 11, 2017
Россия
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
no. I need a drawing of the pump from Keene)))))I will not back down. winter in front of another 8 months)))

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The cost of equipment in parts of Alaska are also about 3 times the cost in the lower 48 States of the United States.

The idea with using a 6"-8" pump is that if you have enough water and settling ponds you may only need to run the pump at full speed for a day or two and let the water settle the rest of the week. You may have enough sand and gravel to run the back hoe the rest of the week while the water is settling out. You can see some of this in season two I think of "Gold Rush". Still think you should buy any 5"-6" water pump you can find new or used that has a keyed shaft. Then buy a coupler that fits both the pump and the engine you will be using. Keep us updated with pictures. Thanks.
Yes now you are getting the idea here with your pictures.
If you can buy a 8"- 10" pump on a trailer that has a 8 cylinder engine. This size will be hard to out grow and may not cost much more used. Plus you can run this size pump at around 1/2 full speed to help on costs and wear. Making a big enough nozzle may not be to hard if you or your friends know how to work metal and weld.

Last edited:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
no. I need a drawing of the pump from Keene)))))I will not back down. winter in front of another 8 months)))
A Keene water pump will be about the same as the pumps you have pictures of. Buy a used pump and take apart to help make sand molds out of for cast metal. A Brass pump will out last a aluminum pump.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The assembler,rather than you work?
The winter weather is going to start soon here as well. Go on the internet to learn and share. This one has to make equipment like you do as well like TIG welding.
The name Assembler means a number of things around the base meaning to assemble. Means to Assemble people as well.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
pump from keene better than those in the photo
With brass metal one can make a closer fitting impeller pump for less loss of pressure and water. More efficient water pump. Most Keene impellers are cast out of aluminum metal and not brass. However some of the larger pumps are cast out of brass.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread