Divulging areas you'll never get to, but are aware of or heard about.

HappySwede

Sep 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try searching for "GOLD IN EASTERN EUROPE" on the internet. First results are all about Serbia, Serbia, Serbia, then Bulgaria and Romania.

https://investingnews.com/daily/res...ional-reservoir-minerals-lyd-dpm-gbu-rmc-plg/

Eastern Europe gold Archives - RareGoldNuggets.com

But okey, I get it - I need to go further east for 15 ounces of gold per hour. Some place where anyone could make even more money than that from oil just by sticking a hole in the ground. Are we possibly talking about Azerbaijan? If you help me out finding one of these many dredging spots all over eastern Europe (I do like gold more than oil so that's what I'll get) - I'll give you a full days worth of findings. Should be about 200 000 $.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other

HappySwede

Sep 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See, when one makes extremely bold claims about pulling out 1500$-200 000$ a gold per day in any European country of choice, where noone else found those amounts before, it's not me who's trolling. It's not up to me to dispute these claims in order to be considered sane. It is really up to you to develop the story.

Since I obviously have no life, I've checked out your past posts to see if there is any documentation of all this gold-getting. Your first post is an introduction, where you state all of your hobbies. Prospecting for gold or dredging does not appear to be one of them - but metal detecting relics is. Fully understandable, lots of relics and little gold around here.

You dont mention alot at all about mining throughout the years - one would think you'd stick to that after the amounts you were taking out. Last year was however an exception as you stated

"If mining was easy get rich fast then everyone would be doing it and hardware stores would have a miner section full of oddity tools, methods and ideas taught by a salesman."

Now on the other hand, your position is that even unexperienced miners can chose by a variety of countries and get rich dredging even with a 4" Dahkle.

Both of us are insane for sticking to this battle. I wish we had smarter things to do.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Still putting words in my mouth, and still trolling.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Well I say great, they where great in my opinion using a 4 inch Keene, it was only a hobby that I got to play with about 2 weeks full time out of the year and then a couple days here and there when I was in the area and knew I would have some down time. But I could manage about 9 ounces a week out of Lux, 17 a week out of Romania, 6 out of Austria, 11 out of Sweden and 14 out of Norway."

That there is a great bedtime story.
Actually it's called a windy. There is a distinction between a lie and a windy, so don't get all puffed up.

I'm surprised that you were able to hook someone with that poor bait.
Thanks for the chuckle.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
End the bickering and insults. I remind members calling another member a troll or implying another member is a troll violates our rules. Any insults after this post will not end well.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't sweat it Swede. there are enough of us here that know whats really going on.

The fact that you came to the U.S. and have spent time with members here makes you verified.

That puts you hands above other posters here in "believability" and makes the things you say much more credible and useful.

I don't think anyone here will be getting personal derby throwing lessons.

Thanks for your input.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See, when one makes extremely bold claims about pulling out 1500$-200 000$ a gold per day in any European country of choice, where noone else found those amounts before, it's not me who's trolling. It's not up to me to dispute these claims in order to be considered sane. It is really up to you to develop the story...
You're the only one saying that nobody has found those amounts... As a retired professional, I will never divulge anyone's exact locations, that's still my job. All I can say to you is "Look Harder". Eastern Europe is a large area, you haven't been everywhere, not one of us ever has. I can almost guarantee you, that you will never see anything written down about this place because it is all owned and gold production is strictly controlled by that particular government. I know about it as do many others along with even better places around the world. Most choose not to risk their lives to get the tough gold. When I was younger, I was a black water diver for many years, I took the risks and got the gold, so I get called every now and again to help others get the right equipment for their projects.

HappySwede

Sep 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're the only one saying that nobody has found those amounts... As a retired professional, I will never divulge anyone's exact locations, that's still my job. All I can say to you is "Look Harder". Eastern Europe is a large area, you haven't been everywhere, not one of us ever has. I can almost guarantee you, that you will never see anything written down about this place because it is all owned and gold production is strictly controlled by that particular government. I know about it as do many others along with even better places around the world. Most choose not to risk their lives to get the tough gold. When I was younger, I was a black water diver for many years, I took the risks and got the gold, so I get called every now and again to help others get the right equipment for their projects.

I'm open minded about there being very good spots out there, but you said "eastern Mediterrean countries are loaded with gold" but people don't bother picking it up as there's even more oil, giving people ideas that Oddjobs numbers are not only valid but rather modest aswell.

No, I havent prospected each and every creek but the Romans did and the Greeks before them. And where they found most of the gold, they stayed, built camps and mined. The same areas are mined to this day by Big Business, check out the Majdanpek mine, the Bor Mine, or even the Trepca complex. These are old Roman mines still operated today.

The richest areas have been prospected in and out for thousands of years, drilled etc. It is still known by everyone that the bedrock of the Pek river is loaded with gold, but its 20-30 feet down with overburden mostly worthless. So yes, you could spend weeks moving overburden to reach the bedrock and then "dredge 10 ounces / hour" for a little while until it is time to move overburden again.

Big Business know very well about where the gold is and where it isn't. Money talks in Eastern Europe and they wouldn't have any trouble getting permits to mine the placers if they were that rich. Instead, they stick to hard rock mining "normal" averages of 2-5g AU/tonne.

So yes, there might or might not be an anomaly where some villagers dredge 200 000 $ per day, but this isn't anything close to normal for the "eastern Mediterrean countries". Wealthy western Europeans invest heavily in equipment after hearing these stories, they spend a few seasons trying and then give up. There is gold, there are prospectors everywhere - local and international, recreational or professional.

I should also mention that of all the gold fields I visited around the world, the by far best placer I found was in Sweden. I've prospected for years here without even a single color to be found. I still kept on going and found one place just loaded with gold. There were up to 500 colors in each pan, thin but decent sized specks - the bottom of the pan would be completely yellow. The streak was very limited however, geological conditions made the gold gather in just that spot.

I spent weeks prospecting the surroundings, I went up 70 miles upstream towards the glacial direction, but didnt find even a tiny speck of gold anywhere else.

Still, I dont argue that "Sweden is loaded with gold". It holds less gold than anywhere I've been. We've got wealthy people with lots of money and time, being inspired by Discovery and using advanced dredges all over the place, coming up with nothing. We've even got people manufacturing dredges or people working full time with the gold panning industry, and they all gave up dredging on their own long time ago.

So when tourists claim they just drove in and pulled up 10 ounces, and then went on to Norway accomplishing the same thing, I just know it didn't happend.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that all of our legs are longer, we can get back to the topic.

Here's mine and it is a good one. So, good I'll share a bunch of info on it. But, not all of it cause that's how these go even when you are sharing
:tongue3:

I'm also not all that worried about anyone making it there
8-)

Beveridge, Ca. Its in the Inyo Mountains. Inyo County Ca.

The Wiki that actually exists is wrong It is named after John Beveridge he was a local judge one of the first in the county. He developed mines near Cerro Gordo as well.

A very cool place. I've been there twice oh the road
:laughing9:
Cerro Gordo - California Ghost Town

Not the Governor the wiki mentions.

Hunter became a county clerk recorder later

There's an awesome book called Mines of the Eastern Sierra. With great details on many of the rich mining areas in the Inyo range.

A very suddenly tall mountain range that is already in what at the time was a very remote region itself.

The nearby Keynot mines and the mines near Beveridge are probably the least detected gold areas you could imagine. So, close yet so far.

The workings are mostly above 8000k feet and they put in effort. there are several bucket trams with buckets still hanging ready to move ore down to the mill.

It is also still there.

I've been in other areas where trams were still crossing canyons they tend to collect bullet holes. I bet the ones on Keynot haven't

Very few people have been there since it was the major producer for the county that it was. There was a post office from 1891-92

I used to be a front desk clerk at the Dow Villa. We had rooms that rented in the old building where you still went down the hall to the Bath/shower room.

The rooms were cheap and we did weekly rates. There was a teacher from Mammoth who would come down for Thanksgiving and spring break. Rent a room go hike into the Inyo's for several days and come back shower, recover and tell me awesome things about the other canyons with cabins and tools and dynamite boxes still in side tunnels.

Tools ready to work. I've been to a few that are amazingly close to traveled trails. I've come across places that I know only a few people have seen in the Inyo mountains.

There is still great gold to be found. I found some of it.

Too bad living in the Owens valley sucks. Excellent place to explore.

Inyo Mountains - Beveridge Canyon Millsite
th

th

th

th

th

th

th

th

th

th

th

th

th

Great conversation started on https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTop...CA-Death_Valley_National_Park_California.html
of all places. Too bad the comments got turned off.

There is more to read up on. Good luck getting there.

I have a map with a hand drawn route. The "EASY" way. up the Owens Valley face from French Springs. I'll take a picture in a minute. It has other notes and places penciled in. I won't share those though
8-)

oh and of course there is a TNET thread...but, I've known of Beveridge since before I ever knew of TNET http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ghost-towns/267162-beveridge-california.html

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GNARLY switch backs.
You summit at come through a saddle at 10526 ft.
To get to the site of Beveridge you drop back down to below 6k.

The mines are 2k plus feet above the mill and living area.

Attachments

• 1513457776308.jpg
    1513457776308.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 1513457818532.jpg
    1513457818532.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 70

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
dredging through 30 feet of worthless overburden doesn't sound too unusual.

Can you legally run an 8" dredge in this river you are talking about?

Last edited:

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
dredging through 30 feet of worthless overburden doesn't sound too unusual.

Can you legally run an 8" dredge in this river you are talking about?

30 feet of overburden with an 8" dredge on a river with 2,245 gal flow average. :icon_scratch:

Where would you put that overburden?

Zlatni-Pek-kakao-keks.gif

Heavy overburden

Last edited:

HappySwede

Sep 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes mining the river is unrestricted once you have the permit. Easy to aquire, not even needed if you bring a permit holder along.

The river flows slowly during dry periods. Tributaries along the whole side of the country is dredgeable too.

I’ve been in them too, sometimes getting down to bedrock and sometimes not. Locals prefer to use excavators to dig deep down on land, the old deposits. I know what they find too, and its not ”loaded”.

Me and fellow miners of mine have been brainstorming quite a while on how to produce decent amounts and where, but it is not too obvious. Also, keep in mind that the gold is spotty just like all areas that hold coarse gold. What keeps people from removing 20 ft of overburden is the risk of creating a huge mess and accomplishing nothing.

The creeks on the other hand are extensivly mined already. I would rather look up in the northern parts of Romania, that unlike it’s southern parts or the other countries in the region, have not been mined by ancient civilizations. Im sure theres stuff to be found but not in the numbers mentioned. Even the serbs strike virgin ground now and then, but one doesnt get rich from it.

artist minded

Dec 16, 2017
north carolina
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I apologize for hijacking this thread, please know that it isn't my intention. I just joined this site quite literally because it's all new to me and I can't stop thinking about things buried or left behind. I have very valid information on a few things hidden in the ground that I would love to find, but I don't know the first thing about metal detectors, so I'm looking for some kind helpful people to guide me on my way! If someone would like to point me in the direction of a thread to post in I would greatly appreciate it!!

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Many old Indian burial grounds have great treasures waiting to be dug and they also hid caches there. You never know what you'll find from one hole to the next and you know it's authentic!
I haven't found any gold or silver yet but tons of awesome weapons, pots, hides and other stuff! It was buried like trash for us to find later!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, regarding the 49 ers. and those who went to Nome and the Yukon in days gone by. And some you try parts of Africa, South America or Australia. These days most people don't sell out everything to go look for gold. But in the 19th century they did exactly what was stated earlier. Read a newspaper account, sold out and went, north, north , north to Alaska, or to California or to the Yukon. It was not an easy trip. A lot of the people died on the way there, got sick and died while there or killed one way or another and got killed leaving.

Today "fossickers", ie, miners or detectorists get sick, lost, killed or just plain go missing. You hear a story every few months of someone else who gets lost in Australia and is never found or only their stuff is found.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Most of the stories I've read about the men who returned home afterwards, they never got over the fever. Even if they returned home broken and penniless they'd still dream of the gold and swear to go back someday.
I bet many of them felt like they left a piece of themselves in those mountains and they probably did.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread