Prospecting pictures, all over Europe

HappySwede

Sep 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As Im getting rather nostalgic during the depth of the Scandinavian winter, I might aswell look back on the past years and also share a bit of my experiences.

First off - SWEDEN. The country that holds very little gold, but some can be found by being very, very persistent and traveling far. Some of the pictures are from a failed trip this march - Stockholm had been snow free for a long while and a heat wave struck the country aswell. Figuring my grounds would be good to go, I drove a few hours north and fell into this deep winter landscape. We had to ski in to the gold. Even getting a test pan was hard, but I attached a of what one shovel of dirt can produce - at best. Most trips however end up with no gold at all.

f1515.jpg IMG_5478.JPG jokkmokk.jpg back1.jpg alltguld.jpg ränna.jpg IMG_5494.JPG IMG_4775.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H

HappySwede

Sep 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not sluiced in Ukraine but I've been over there for business. Barely got in and barely got out. There is no such thing as the "law" in Ukraine, whether a permit exists or not, or if you obtained it, you can get in trouble either way. Little money often solves little problems, but if you enter as a foreigner you might encounter a situation where they are going to want more from you.

Sure eastern Europe is known for corruption, but Ukraine takes it to a whole other level. Tourists are regulary harassed and brought in to the police stations for no reason except taking your money, which is something I've never happening in The Balticum, Poland, Romania or the Balkans. I'd be on the southern side of the border in Romania instead.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread