Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: Bundys free case thrown out

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

May 2012
    Kalamity Falls, Orygun
    Whites M6
    1671 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by pat-tekker-cat View Post
    Mining related (uranium) and blm related!
    Here is the blm whistleblower Larry Wootens 18 page report.
    If the conduct and mindset of the blm and others don't bother you,
    you may be part of the problem!

These ppl are set as "authority" over YOU and YOUR FAMILIES! Let it sink in.....
    Me and my family don't talk and have these type thoughts about each other or our fellowman,
    it's disgusting.......

https://redoubtnews.com/wp-content/u...ation_77PI.pdf
    Thank you so much for the very informative PDF file. I will print it off and give it to a rancher friend of mine, whom also supports the Bundy's. You are a true Patriot, Pat!!
    pat-tekker-cat likes this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    10592 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    People who live in Florida telling me about BLM issues...that's just good stuff.

The guy didn't pay grazing fees for twenty one years. Because he got butthurt about a land status change and tried to say congress didn't have the right to make the rules it did on public lands. Even though he believed in the Taylor act for years and followed regulations, its all dumb.

They didn't own the land until 1948 and had no pre emptive, pre existing grazing rights because he had Morman relatives in the area at one point. A totally absurd claim and the courts rejected it . It doesn't work that way for any of you why should it for him?

They didn't graze until the early '50's and they didn't do it continuously. Actually pulling more than one permit. Different years.

The guy said he did this because God told him to.

Thousands of ranchers graze cattle using the same system and are just fine with it. Many a successful rancher thinks Cliven is insane, they also are much better ranchers than he is.

There are on average ninety million cattle on the hoof every year. The Bundy ranch has barely ever gone above hobby level.

What they did could have (may still) affect public land users way more than it ever could have helped. Cause it hasn't so far.

There is very little Uranium under Bundy Ranch. No Uranium mining nearby or any claims for that matter...for any minerals. In the Most mined state in the nation.. Where the BLM doesn't need to chase off a rancher for access to it. He has 160 acres of private land right there.

Nevada Uranium mining, mines, mine owners and mine statistics

Nevada Mining Claims

Everything he did had a huge chance to mess stuff up for a lot of public land lease's.

Winning because prosecution screwed up is not a real win. The Bundy clan is very very lucky they got the outcome they did.

if you think they did any of this because they care about YOUR rights you didn't really do your research into the situation and most surely haven't spent as much time in rural cattle country as I have.

They felt entitled plain and simple. The thing in Oregon was absurd.

Levoy was a moron not a here he is lucky he didn't get the others in the vehicle killed.

This kind of thin is the kind of thing that can lead to the Gov. hammering down on firearms.

Plus I still say just because its Blm doesn't make it mining related its cattle related.

The whole thing was way more about chest puffing than rights.

May 2012
    Kalamity Falls, Orygun
    Whites M6
    1671 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwasher View Post
    People who live in Florida telling me about BLM issues...that's just good stuff.

The guy didn't pay grazing fees for twenty one years. Because he got butthurt about a land status change and tried to say congress didn't have the right to make the rules it did on public lands. Even though he believed in the Taylor act for years and followed regulations, its all dumb.

They didn't own the land until 1948 and had no pre emptive, pre existing grazing rights because he had Morman relatives in the area at one point. A totally absurd claim and the courts rejected it . It doesn't work that way for any of you why should it for him?

They didn't graze until the early '50's and they didn't do it continuously. Actually pulling more than one permit. Different years.

The guy said he did this because God told him to.

Thousands of ranchers graze cattle using the same system and are just fine with it. Many a successful rancher thinks Cliven is insane, they also are much better ranchers than he is.

There are on average ninety million cattle on the hoof every year. The Bundy ranch has barely ever gone above hobby level.

What they did could have (may still) affect public land users way more than it ever could have helped. Cause it hasn't so far.

There is very little Uranium under Bundy Ranch. No Uranium mining nearby or any claims for that matter...for any minerals. In the Most mined state in the nation.. Where the BLM doesn't need to chase off a rancher for access to it. He has 160 acres of private land right there.

Nevada Uranium mining, mines, mine owners and mine statistics

Nevada Mining Claims

Everything he did had a huge chance to mess stuff up for a lot of public land lease's.

Winning because prosecution screwed up is not a real win. The Bundy clan is very very lucky they got the outcome they did.

if you think they did any of this because they care about YOUR rights you didn't really do your research into the situation and most surely haven't spent as much time in rural cattle country as I have.

They felt entitled plain and simple. The thing in Oregon was absurd.

Levoy was a moron not a here he is lucky he didn't get the others in the vehicle killed.

This kind of thin is the kind of thing that can lead to the Gov. hammering down on firearms.

Plus I still say just because its Blm doesn't make it mining related its cattle related.

The whole thing was way more about chest puffing than rights.
    You need to talk to ranchers that are on the other side of the issue. Yours opinion alone does not hold water with me and hundreds of more ranchers.

Charter Member
    us
    Cat teaches man, not everything here serves him.

Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
    6338 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I don't claim to know everything about this situation, That's what discussions and sharing of opinions/facts, are about.
    I have my own perception(s), which may or may not be rooted in fact or opinion, just as you do.
    Three sides to every story..... (and there's more to it, than just the above stated mentioned, so there, )

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	funny-city-cat_1024x768-299389.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	113.4 KB 
ID:	1535262

I do know, I've heard many, who have had "not nice" run ins with authority figures in relations to the freedoms of land/mining/fishing/hunting/etc.....
    It pains me to know, such officials have such horrible thoughts...... and the lengths.......

Good luck with all that.......

T.C. I'd tell you to shout it from the mountaintops...... and thanks.
    Last edited by pat-tekker-cat; Jan 09, 2018 at 12:32 PM.
    T.C., what and Assembler like this.
    Yesterday is history, tomorow a mystery. All we have is the here and now, it's a special gift. That's why we call it "The Present"

Pity the poor agnostic dyslexic insomniac who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a Dog.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/patharp?ref=si_shop

May 2012
    Kalamity Falls, Orygun
    Whites M6
    1671 times
    I don't claim to know everything about this situation, That's what discussions and sharing of opinions/facts, are about.
    I have my own perception(s), which may or may not be rooted in fact or opinion, just as you do.
    Three sides to every story..... (and there's more to it, than just the above stated mentioned, so there, )

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	funny-city-cat_1024x768-299389.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	113.4 KB 
ID:	1535262

I do know, I've heard many, who have had "not nice" run ins with authority figures in relations to the freedoms of land/mining/fishing/hunting/etc.....
    It pains me to know, such officials have such horrible thoughts...... and the lengths.......

Good luck with all that.......

T.C. I'd tell you to shout it from the mountaintops...... and thanks.
    I've already sent this to numerous people, including a few cattle rancher friends that support the Bundys and a few non ranchers concerned with everyone's rights on PUBLIC lands. Thanks again for the link, Pat
    Aufisher likes this.

us
    Oct 2015
    USA
    34 times
    Prospecting
    Thank you for this link. Incredibly interesting read and sort of backs up my earlier impressions about the case. Not done yet but this part really stood out to me as an incredibly frightening thing:

The ridiculousnes of the conduct, unprofessional amateurish carnival atmosphere, openly made statements, and electronic communications tended to mitigate the defendant's culpability and cast a shadow of doubt of inexcusable bias, unprofessionalism and embarrassment on our agency. - Larry Wootens
    T.C. likes this.
    Tired of your bitcoin? Send it to me: 1PXEQ452svneT3y7PusgA9W3RF2NPMiRc2

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    10592 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    from a guy who was fired and wrote it from memory 18 months later and his written notes and investigation don't match.

He was not a real whistleblower

I lived for years on a ranch totally surrounded by BLM land.

May 2012
    Kalamity Falls, Orygun
    Whites M6
    1671 times
    from a guy who was fired and wrote it from memory 18 months later and his written notes and investigation don't match.

I lived for years on a ranch totally surrounded by BLM land.
    ...so does this make you an expert on the subject?? If so, I must be above expert on the subject. I have lived and recreated in the middle of cattle country, all of my life. I have also, worked on ranches and farms in my younger days...surrounded by BLM and NFS lands.
    Last edited by T.C.; Jan 09, 2018 at 03:04 PM.
    mytimetoshine likes this.

Mar 2016
    1467 times
    Not being an expert on this case...

I am led to believe that due to the climate/nature of the terrain along with the massive federal land holding in Nevada, public grazing is the ONLY way a cattle rancher could exist in that particular area. Am I mistaken about that?

I also understand that in the vicinity of the Bundy ranch, the number of cattle allowed to graze on the allotments has been restricted to protect an endangered tortoise. All of the neighboring ranches have already folded and sold their land directly to the federal government. Bundy was a hold-out.

Searching for a connection to mining.....
    What if the state of California offered to buy up mineral rights as a form of compensation for a "take". The mineral rights would forever be held in trust to protect the fish. Small miners not able to mine profitably due to regulations related to protection of natural resources would be forced to take what they could get. Don't laugh because we may be in that situation some day.

We have a situation developing here, where the state is buying up the water rights of a huge spring that is a major source of water for a river. All of the ranchers downstream rely upon using the river for irrigation. Will they some day sell out to the state when their operation becomes unprofitable due to water usage restrictions? It would not be out of the question that the state would want to create a "wildlife corridor" along the river. Complicated issues with many opinions.
    Last edited by IMAUDIGGER; Jan 09, 2018 at 03:33 PM.
    T.C. likes this.
    All treasures found with permission on private property or on active mining claims.

Mar 2016
    1467 times

Per the Judge:
    “There has been flagrant misconduct, substantial prejudice and no lesser remedy is sufficient,” she said.

That seems like a simplified version of what was written by the whistle blower.
    T.C., Aufisher and Assembler like this.
    All treasures found with permission on private property or on active mining claims.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    10592 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    They did not win anything. Mistrial on technicalities not a win because of rule of law.

I wish the feds hadn't screwed up blew the case.

The Bundy family did not go about things the right way.

I do not sympathize with them at all.

May 2013
    The Golden State
    Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
    4834 times
    Prospecting
    I can see those FBI guys digging in the snow for hot casings. Nope I didn't discharge, what a joke!
    T.C. and mytimetoshine like this.
    I am a teacher, hydrologist, biologist and a prospector.

Mar 2016
    1467 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Aufisher View Post
    I can see those FBI guys digging in the snow for hot casings. Nope I didn't discharge, what a joke!
    You are aware this case is for the Nevada incident that occurred prior to the Oregon incident (where charges were already dropped against the Bundys)?

If it was clear cut violations of law, there would be no need for cover-ups and a fairly simple trial.
    The FEDS did everything in their power (and then some) to ensure these guys were made a example of.
    Last edited by IMAUDIGGER; Jan 09, 2018 at 05:25 PM.
    rodoconnor, Aufisher, T.C. and 1 others like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    27524 times
    "People who live in Florida telling me about BLM issues...that's just good stuff."- Goldwasher

Gold, you said it didn't belong in this forum, I stated it involved BLM and as such was okay in this forum.

Check your attitude too.

Please remember to keep the politics out of the thread.
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Jan 09, 2018 at 08:10 PM.
    Assembler, mytimetoshine and T.C. like this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Hardrock prospector

May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
    444 times
    Prospecting
    Navarro had suspended the trial earlier and warned of a mistrial when prosecutors released information after a discovery deadline. Overall, the government was late in handing over more than 3,300 pages of documents. Further, some defense requests for information that ultimately came to light had been ridiculed by prosecutors as “fantastical” and a “fishing expedition.”
    “Either the government lied or [its actions were] so grossly negligent as to be tantamount to lying,” Napolitano said. “This happened over and over again.”

Charges against rancher Cliven Bundy, three others are dismissed | Fox News
    Reed Lukens likes this.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links