Bundys free case thrown out

Status
Not open for further replies.

what

Oct 9, 2015
USA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Thank you for this link. Incredibly interesting read and sort of backs up my earlier impressions about the case. Not done yet but this part really stood out to me as an incredibly frightening thing:

The ridiculousnes of the conduct, unprofessional amateurish carnival atmosphere, openly made statements, and electronic communications tended to mitigate the defendant's culpability and cast a shadow of doubt of inexcusable bias, unprofessionalism and embarrassment on our agency. - Larry Wootens

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
from a guy who was fired and wrote it from memory 18 months later and his written notes and investigation don't match.

He was not a real whistleblower

I lived for years on a ranch totally surrounded by BLM land.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
from a guy who was fired and wrote it from memory 18 months later and his written notes and investigation don't match.

I lived for years on a ranch totally surrounded by BLM land.

...so does this make you an expert on the subject?? If so, I must be above expert on the subject. I have lived and recreated in the middle of cattle country, all of my life. I have also, worked on ranches and farms in my younger days...surrounded by BLM and NFS lands.

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not being an expert on this case...

I am led to believe that due to the climate/nature of the terrain along with the massive federal land holding in Nevada, public grazing is the ONLY way a cattle rancher could exist in that particular area. Am I mistaken about that?

I also understand that in the vicinity of the Bundy ranch, the number of cattle allowed to graze on the allotments has been restricted to protect an endangered tortoise. All of the neighboring ranches have already folded and sold their land directly to the federal government. Bundy was a hold-out.

Searching for a connection to mining.....
What if the state of California offered to buy up mineral rights as a form of compensation for a "take". The mineral rights would forever be held in trust to protect the fish. Small miners not able to mine profitably due to regulations related to protection of natural resources would be forced to take what they could get. Don't laugh because we may be in that situation some day.

We have a situation developing here, where the state is buying up the water rights of a huge spring that is a major source of water for a river. All of the ranchers downstream rely upon using the river for irrigation. Will they some day sell out to the state when their operation becomes unprofitable due to water usage restrictions? It would not be out of the question that the state would want to create a "wildlife corridor" along the river. Complicated issues with many opinions.

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Per the Judge:
“There has been flagrant misconduct, substantial prejudice and no lesser remedy is sufficient,” she said.

That seems like a simplified version of what was written by the whistle blower.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They did not win anything. Mistrial on technicalities not a win because of rule of law.

I wish the feds hadn't screwed up blew the case.

The Bundy family did not go about things the right way.

I do not sympathize with them at all.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I can see those FBI guys digging in the snow for hot casings. Nope I didn't discharge, what a joke!

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see those FBI guys digging in the snow for hot casings. Nope I didn't discharge, what a joke!

You are aware this case is for the Nevada incident that occurred prior to the Oregon incident (where charges were already dropped against the Bundys)?

If it was clear cut violations of law, there would be no need for cover-ups and a fairly simple trial.
The FEDS did everything in their power (and then some) to ensure these guys were made a example of.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"People who live in Florida telling me about BLM issues...that's just good stuff."- Goldwasher

Gold, you said it didn't belong in this forum, I stated it involved BLM and as such was okay in this forum.

Check your attitude too.

Please remember to keep the politics out of the thread.

Last edited:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Navarro had suspended the trial earlier and warned of a mistrial when prosecutors released information after a discovery deadline. Overall, the government was late in handing over more than 3,300 pages of documents. Further, some defense requests for information that ultimately came to light had been ridiculed by prosecutors as “fantastical” and a “fishing expedition.”
“Either the government lied or [its actions were] so grossly negligent as to be tantamount to lying,” Napolitano said. “This happened over and over again.”

Charges against rancher Cliven Bundy, three others are dismissed | Fox News

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What starts as a simple protest against tyranny turns into the govt killing people. Never fails to amaze me. No wonder they wear tactical gear will the time...and they say it's for the grow ops haha.
No it's for us.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Review-Journal asks judge to unseal Bundy docs, hearings
https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/...nal-asks-judge-to-unseal-bundy-docs-hearings/
Updated December 13, 2017 - 9:29 pm
Two days after a federal judge suggested the possibility of a mistrial in the Bunkerville standoff case, the Las Vegas Review-Journal and a group of Nevada newspapers filed a motion to unseal trial documents discussed behind closed courtroom doors.
‘There is insufficient basis to maintain certain motions and transcripts under seal in this case and to continue to close hearings to the public,” the motion filed Wednesday evening states. “Sealing documents and closing hearings is inimical to this Country’s and this Court’s long tradition of open trials, guaranteed by both the First Amendment and common law – a right of access that is always important, but particularly critical in this case.”

The judge ended the latest case by ripping government prosecutors, led by First Assistant U.S. Attorney Steven Myhre, for "intentional abdication of ... responsibility," ''flagrant misconduct" and "substantial prejudice."
Navarro found "deliberate attempts to mislead and distort the truth" and blamed FBI agents for "reckless disregard" of requirements to turn over evidence relating to government snipers and cameras that monitored the Bundy homestead.
The defense also should have been given records of government threat assessments that concluded the Bundys would probably protest but not become violent if agents enforcing court orders began rounding up their cattle, the judge said.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-cliven-bund-charges-20180108-story.html

USA v. Cliven Bundy
https://dockets.justia.com/docket/circuit-courts/ca9/13-16623/
Case Number: 13-16623
Filed: August 12, 2013
Court: U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Again no judge has said the Bundy Family is in the right. In fact In court Cliven has been shut down over and over again.

I guess we want it both ways.

# Brandonforsupremecourt #FREECLIVEN on the same t-shirt

Any mining right fight is public land related.

The combined acts of 1872 are always invoked.
If what good ol boy Cliven dictates is deemed true.

Well, then what I just said don't count.

They won nothing and are not allies by any stretch.

Constitution...Congress....FEDERAL......

Honestly please any Californian, Oregonian , Washington Stater or Tater Stater...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell us all why you want people at STATE level telling you what you can do on your FEDERAL mining claim.

The average cattle rancher with a grazing right has property connected to public lands and less than two hundred head.

Bundy had less than five hundred. A very small percentage of public land grazing rights holders have more than five hundred head.

Considering the national number of 90 MILLION on the hoof the Bundy ranch is of no going concern.

Nothing that BLM decided to act on was an over reach. It is unfortunate that things got stupid on the ground.

Per status quo, case law and contemporary relativity

The whole Bundy saga is dumb.

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not even half a million cows in Nevada an ol Cliven Had 500 of em'

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Number one crop?

Alfalfa
View attachment 1535449

Why's that?

Cause cows don't eat desert
th
or dessert
th
that's why "fighting" over grazing rights on publics lands is not on the radar of 99% or ranchers in Nevada.

Cause a
image_167567_img_8672.jpg
is king!

The Bundys' are media pop and annoying.

Last edited:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A "Sealed Jury Trial" is not the same as "Trial by Jury".
Would be a very good idea to 'Unseal all of the documents'. If not then disclose what in the world is now going on "Within Jury Trials"?
The opinions about the Bundy's (good or bad) is a separate issue that can come out with 'Unsealing of documents'.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just what is a 'Open Trial by Jury' anymore?

'Open vs. Sealed'.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread