The Dakota Boys are back on GoldRush

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG horrendous pic brings back some nasty memories of SF American, Consumes etc etc,even on shore way back from the waters edge. Mom nature and hydrology can be a real b-------.John

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OMG horrendous pic brings back some nasty memories of SF American, Consumes etc etc,even on shore way back from the waters edge. Mom nature and hydrology can be a real b-------.John

John, ya know what was interesting about the whole ordeal was that I was able to retrieve my twin hondas attached to portions of the frame that had also wrapped around a tree about a quarter/half mile down stream. Drained the oil, filled them with diesel fuel, hand spun them, drain, repeat, drain, repeat, replaced a few things on both like gas tanks and mufflers, pressure washed a ton of silt and debris off them and am still running them today. The hard part was constantly seeing a big old chunk of yellow pontoon up in the bushes on the far side of the creek about two miles down stream every time I went to town for about a year and a half. The following year I came upon a short piece of yellow hose sticking up out of the sand and after tugging on it for an hour came up with my regulator hose and ...yep...the regulator was still attached. This friggin' creek can sure come up and bite ya in the butt.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I get a laugh with all the anti gobble attacks on this program. It's refreshing to see a bunch of guy's trying to find some gold. Simple as that. Every year I never get disappointed on my recovery, just dream, fix, ponder what needs to be done next season. And it always starts out with looking at last years hole that is no longer a hole. There is always a decission to re-dredge or not to. Did that high water bring new gold into that area, did it have time to bury it's way to bedrock, did it just get pushed on down stream....
In my case just being able to get my boots on and off, my wetsuit on, keeping my inhaler close, and coming back to the 5th wheeler with as many fingers and toes in which I left with pleases me. I'm curious just how many posters would feel comfortable in that creek underwater. I'm a dredger but that water scares me. Anytime that you just barely lift your head and have the current catch your mask and tumble your ass downstream just can't be "scripted". And I kinda think that those burns from the waterheater were not scripted. These guy's have gut's (perhaps a bit of stupidity but hells bells I got some of that also) and until you do it you just can't relate and take it for what it is....beats the heck out of CNN and three piece suits. It's the friggin' search, not the discovery.
p.s. And just cause you got your dredge tied to a tree does not mean the branch won't break View attachment 1671433

You my friend are 100% right. I always say it’s easy to down everything sitting on your couch. They’re DOING it!!!

one blanket

Nov 14, 2006
here's a prediction. once the Hurts have the plunge pool down to bedrock or at least before the seasons' departure; cable tie a few (properly lapped ) gravel screens to cover the pool & hopefully the incoming BIG rocks can roll on down hill & only the finer material will GRIZZLEY into the pool.
IF the idea works; then each plunge pool (with winter/summer floods) on Dustin's claims can be an easier dredge out/payoff.
2nd prediction. I'll never get a dime out of my suggestion.

firebird

Oct 17, 2018
Central Valley California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last episode aired tonight. Jesus Christ, what a massive waste of time and money, they only got 11 ounces! Were they just unlucky or are alaskan creeks just mined out now?

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always thought that while there was the potential for a big payout where they were dredging, there was also the aspect of the whitewater and very high flows which would have not helped gold settle there. It could be the spot was just too narrow and fast of water.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fools and their money are soon parted. I've found more in a day fifteen minutes from my house with a 4" back in them legal days of old.Posted many pics over the years here as proof too. John

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Production will milk this made up BS as long as they can.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I love this show and everyone hating on it.....I haven’t hear one say they don’t watch it every week.

Don't watch it "every week", in fact I've never seen it.

I guess if people don't watch it they can't dislike it. Maybe the folks (everyone?) who have watched have an opinion that disagrees with yours?

Lot of crappy TV out there.

Heavy Pans

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't watch it "every week", in fact I've never seen it.

I guess if people don't watch it they can't dislike it. Maybe the folks (everyone?) who have watched have an opinion that disagrees with yours?

Lot of crappy TV out there.

Heavy Pans

I know that and what my opinion is is that they watch it every week and ***** about it

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never seen it. Have not watched a gold show for years because they are . Over produced crap full of fake stuff.

If there were new episodes of Yukon Gold or Aussie Gold Hunters. I'd watch it..

Anything with anyone who was on any of the Gold Rush spinoffs. No way in hell.

I dig enough of my own. And prefer you tube.

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Those guys all made a killing having some fun and "acting". Even if they weren't paid, if I were 75 years old with millions and just wanted to have some fun, that looks like a pretty good way to do it. Can't take it to the grave.

firebird

Oct 17, 2018
Central Valley California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never seen it. Have not watched a gold show for years because they are . Over produced crap full of fake stuff.

If there were new episodes of Yukon Gold or Aussie Gold Hunters. I'd watch it..

Anything with anyone who was on any of the Gold Rush spinoffs. No way in hell.

I dig enough of my own. And prefer you tube.

Aussie Gold Hunter already has 3 seasons, have you seen them yet? Season 1 is only available in Netflix, they haven't released the other seasons.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aussie Gold Hunter already has 3 seasons, have you seen them yet? Season 1 is only available in Netflix, they haven't released the other seasons.
Seen the first. The new ones aren't available to me. On my satellite

I haven't checked that hard on line though

OreCart

Jan 23, 2019
Maine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I love this show and everyone hating on it.....I haven’t hear one say they don’t watch it every week.

I have seen it, but it was at my inlaws for one of those Christmas Marathon's.

It was alright, mostly because it was about what I do, digging in the dirt except it was different enough (gold instead of gravel) to hold my interest.

Other than at the inlaws though, which I go to once or twice a year, I do not watch TV.

Funny on how it has changed though. Years ago TV was for the kids and movies were for adults, but now movies are for kids, and TV is for the adults.

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
I'm confused. The season finally was shown in the preview that everything was being washed away and that didn't happen.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread