Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Joel Farmer Designed G1 Highbanker From U.S. Prospector

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mine President

Aug 2012
    326 times
    Gold Exploration

Joel Farmer Designed G1 Highbanker From U.S. Prospector

Has anyone tried out the G1 or G2 highbanker designed by Joel Farmer? Looks extremely efficient & easy to use. Anyone have an opinion?
    Last edited by ghostminer; Jan 13, 2018 at 11:29 AM.

us
    Just Another Old Guy

Feb 2008
    Grays Harbor in Washington state
    Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it
    1078 times
    Prospecting
    Drop riffles always seem to work well with little water flow and clean outs are always easy, especially with a stand to be able to put right back to work without having to reset the angles, but continually clearing that grizzly looks like a pain in the ...!
    I'd replace the expanded with 1/8" thick UHMW and drill a bazzilion 1/4 to 3/8" holes to make a super slippery slick plate.
    If I was to build one from scratch, I'd probably line the bottom run with the appropriate G.H. mats. and it would still be an easy, quick clean-up, and replace to run again.

Nice idea and design but always room for improvement
    I'm a drinker with a heavy prospecting problem and I'm out of dirt again

us
    Mine President

Aug 2012
    326 times
    Gold Exploration
    I wonder how often a cleanup would be required as the material should self-clean itself to some degree if the water flow is correct. As far as the GH mats, Joel claims the design captures all material very well so the mats would defeat the purpose of the design. Clean up looked pretty easy & fast. I seem to recall hearing that drop riffles like lots of water pressure to function properly. Need more input from those in the know on this.

Charter Member
    us
    Look at the Historical Gold Mining photo albums on my page

Jan 2013
    Huntington, Or./ Stanton, AZ/ former Outlaw California Gold Dredger
    Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
    3721 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Pass

us
    www.FindingGOLDinColorado.com

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer, Bazooka Goldtrap Prospector, Bazooka Goldtrap Sniper highbanker, Bazooka Goldtrap SuperMini, Angus Mackirk Expedition, custom metal sluices, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10027 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostminer View Post
    I wonder how often a cleanup would be required as the material should self-clean itself to some degree if the water flow is correct. As far as the GH mats, Joel claims the design captures all material very well so the mats would defeat the purpose of the design. Clean up looked pretty easy & fast. I seem to recall hearing that drop riffles like lots of water pressure to function properly. Need more input from those in the know on this.
    Those drop,riffles will work fine with very mild water flow. Look at the material in the riffles once you have it running, the sands should be doing a gentle little dance. This active bed is what easily catches the very fine gold...which will just drop right down thru the wiggling sand.
    russau likes this.

us
    Mine President

Aug 2012
    326 times
    Gold Exploration
    Thanks for your input. I really like the simplicity of operation & super fast clean outs.

Charter Member
    us
    Look at the Historical Gold Mining photo albums on my page

Jan 2013
    Huntington, Or./ Stanton, AZ/ former Outlaw California Gold Dredger
    Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
    3721 times
    The video above is of the same unit with the older name... Self cleaning... Yup, the gold gets cleaned out also... right out the back. We found more gold in its tailings then there was left in the box. The company went out of business for a reason, now it's reappeared under a different name but nothing else has changed. Your question should be- Are there better units out there... Crap is as crap does, it gets flushed...

us
    Mine President

Aug 2012
    326 times
    Gold Exploration
    Thanks Reed. Point taken. I am looking at the GH Raptor Flare for some highbanking production also. Just about sold on it I think.
    Reed Lukens and winners58 like this.

us
    Oct 2015
    AZ
    154 times
    Prospecting
    I have been happy with the results of my Ca sluice drop riffle, but it has only been used for running uniformly crushed hard rock gold ore. I used it in tandem with another small clean up sluice that is all ribbed mat. I ran this cleanup combo with a small 750 gph atwood bilge pump and set the sluices very flat - maybe 5 degrees pitch.
    So, the drop riffle sluice added an additional recovery environment that seemed to work well in a very controlled setting.... for a very specific purpose.
    Reed Lukens likes this.

us
    Aug 2014
    SoCal
    SDC 2300 BGT, Whippet, 151
    294 times
    Prospecting

Joel Farmer Designed G1 Highbanker From U.S. Prospector

My buddy has one. We used it together a few times and decided weíd probably just stick to my GH mini. It worked alright, but we didnít see anywhere near the amount of fines that we would normally get and having to manually paw the rocks off of the expanded metal was a waste of a set of hands. It doesnít self-clear very well. It also seemed very expensive for what you get.
    Reed Lukens and ghostminer like this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    10584 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Any kind of expanded metal or woven wire grizz holds up material

Bars and punch plate are best though bunch plate is best flattish and with a lot of water

A Keene or Proline banker will smoke that thing a Gold hog would be the Ritsy choice

us
    Mine President

Aug 2012
    326 times
    Gold Exploration
    Ritsy??

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    10584 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostminer View Post
    Ritsy??
    As in the fanciest...but, still pretty much works the same as the Proline or Keene.

In my opinion the Gold hog is better made and better priced

us
    Oct 2015
    AZ
    154 times
    Prospecting
    I like all the major brands for sluices and especially like the new innovations GH and others are doing with their mats. Unless I'm mistaken, GH still doesn't do a rolled edge on their sluices. I never understood why they don't. I like my GH multi-sluice very much and it's small enough not to need a rolled top edge... but those larger sluices? I'm not sure I've heard any complaints regarding GH sluices not having the rolled edge... but I think it's a tad goofy to not have them.
    Last edited by rockbar; Jan 15, 2018 at 11:12 PM.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    10584 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Doc uses pretty heavy aluminum I don't think its needed
    et1955 and russau like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links