NEED IDEAS WHAT TO LOOK FOR WITH ULTRA MAFIC LAVA

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
i seen some fresh lava and once it scares the wildlife away and cools down ,,,,,, am thinking what to do ?????? i know my gold pan wont work ....cant sluice ...cant dredge ,,,,, am not into hard rock mining ....maybe a metal detector ......please i need help not mental help,,,,, u might be watching the snow flakes am really watching the lava and this aint jeff william show,,,,,does any body here have any knowledge about the geology of lava , volcanic rock , volcanoes .....in laymans terms only am a "DUNK" so no big words or terms ......facts the volcano is very very very active like every 8 years .... about 8000 feet tall , past flows a few miles up to am guessing 8 miles ....perfect cone shape ...tall like ice cream cone ,,,,and yes we are both located in a good gold region ,,,,,ive heard of great finds in the past ...with the luck of irish am hoping one of those flows is like vein in a hard rock mine ........could that be possible ,,,,,,any ideas would be helpful im guessing on prospecting with a gold bug 2 :treasurechest:

Upvote 0

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't think Lava lava is not necessarily ultramarfic, ultramarfic is a rock type with a low silica content.
ultramarfic means high magnesium and iron that form in dikes and sometimes though rare Kimberlite pipes.
ultramafic lavas are no younger than the Proterozoic, with a few ultramafic magmas known from the Phanerozoic.
No modern ultramafic lavas are known, as the Earth's mantle has cooled too much to produce highly magnesian magmas.
guess you can make lots of money with lava sculpting;

Last edited:
OP
OP
XLV

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
thanks for the reply winners58 .......some local told me (5 types of lava ) i was only guessing because he pointed out that the magnesium part and temperature 2910F maybe its the second type mafic lava iron . nickel 1740F ..... i looked on the internet and got a headache .....thanks again

OP
OP
XLV

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
thanks winners58 ,,,,, steve from detector prospector told me the facts hes really into geology he knew i knew nothing am just a "dunk" and explained it .....i now know to look for the old not the new ( placer forms over millions of years and hard rock would be a rare find in that lava ) so this explains the find of 2 UK women and there fist size nuggets at Taal the mountain was blown off (12000 ft of it ) to the bed rock millions of years ago and there dad was a geologist and knew where find gold ...those alien miners killed off the dinosaurs :goldpan: .....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions