It figures.....

Arachnofreak

Nov 16, 2012
Prescott Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Was gonna take a new member of treasure net vacationing here in Prescott AZ to one of my favorite spots to do a little panning/sluicing and the night before we are supposed to go we get snow dumped on us. I live on a pretty steep hill and my driveway is on an sharp incline, every time we get a decent snow I'm stuck lol. Hopefully the snow melts off in a decent amount of time and we can still get out there. Sorry Mike :)

Charlie.

Upvote 0

Hi-Sluicer

Greenie
Sep 29, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats unfortunate. Does the ground freeze there? I have a buddy who lives in prescott and ive been trying to get him out prospecting for a long time he actually drives over to pismo beach california and goes with me up to our claims. But he has no idea where he lives.. He has even walked lynx creek for fun and left his pan in the car...

OP
OP
A

Arachnofreak

Nov 16, 2012
Prescott Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
lol! Yeah, the ground freezes here but this is a particularly warm winter. We have had almost 0 snow which is why this little downpour last night has got me so pissed :BangHead: Even on bad winters if I really got the fever and just have to get out there I can still dig in the middle of the creek and pan in puddles. You just have to break through the ice first.

Charlie

OP
OP
A

Arachnofreak

Nov 16, 2012
Prescott Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not much, just enough to coat the road a little and make my driveway impossible to get out of. I'm gonna guess less than two inches. I would love to get down your way sometime! Lynx has been so good to me though every time I venture out I miss digging here lol

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Those are individual towns Mike. They used to be small farming towns growing citrus, cotton and flowers. When Sun City, the retirement town, was begun in the early 60's it was miles west of Phoenix, now it's inside the city.

Those towns now are just different tax/police/court districts in the same metropolitan area. In most cases you wouldn't know you were in a different town unless you happened to catch the small sign on a corner or a different design on a cop car. It's all city.

Heavy Pans

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, thanks Barry, my thoughts when I saw the names in such close proximity was: Many government entities in a relatively small area. Is there pretty good harmony between them? Similar regulation and such.

Mike

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I saw a skiff of snow on the ground in Glendale on Christmas day about 1972 or '73. Not everyone was friendly at the time just because of long hair! ha ha. It looks totally different now and a big asphalt jungle compared to rural Oregon anyway and according to relatives. (No offence to Aridzonians meant)

OP
OP
A

Arachnofreak

Nov 16, 2012
Prescott Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well we finally made it out there, nice young couple. Found a little bit of gold, nothing to scream about but it was fun. I had hoped that they would find a decent piece digging between the rocks but it was not meant to be today so we went up to where I know there is gold in just about every pan, really small gold but a lot of it. Had a good time.

Charlie

PioneerPauly

Mar 28, 2010
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
Fisher Goldbug II
Primary Interest:
Other
Gah if I was there id build you an igloo! Doesn't help you get out but it looks neat.. It will melt soon!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread