MINING PLAN OF OPERATION

G

ghostminer

I have mentioned mining plans of operations in some of my threads. Here is a good example of the process a company goes through to get permitted for operation on Forest Service land. This one happens to be with a very large company named Resolution Copper. Small scale mining plans are easier but still go through the same process. It can take less than a year for a small scale plan to be approved if there are no fatal flaws but the big players can take 10 years or more. My theory for a small company with limited resources is to start small & scale up when profitable.

Upvote 0

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I guess one way to look at the difference is in the eye of the administrator you have to deal with. Assembler after all the postings you have added I'm surprised about your request. In simple terms a NOI is a notice of your intent to prospect and a POO is your application to proceed with a mining operation. The old thing that defines prospecting from mining. And then you can get into the boggy, boot sticking, winding road to acquire either. When mentioned to our local blm boss it was very much noticed that a NOI was no problem and probably be issued within 30 days but recommended us to hold tight on our POO. Also the way I look at our specific situation that either of the above shows an active endeavor to mine this claim, which keeps our claim "active". And as a heads up those that do nothing on a claim may very well be the next target to remove claim owners from their property...and rules, laws and internet links don't mean squat. Off tract but I still remember telling that CHP officer after pulling over because of his flashing red light, me riding a Kawa 750, when he stated " took that turn a little fast (true, I noticed some sparkage from my footpeg) didn't you?" Well of course with a smile on face my responce was "made it didn't I".

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I guess one way to look at the difference is in the eye of the administrator you have to deal with. Assembler after all the postings you have added I'm surprised about your request. In simple terms a NOI is a notice of your intent to prospect and a POO is your application to proceed with a mining operation. The old thing that defines prospecting from mining. And then you can get into the boggy, boot sticking, winding road to acquire either. When mentioned to our local blm boss it was very much noticed that a NOI was no problem and probably be issued within 30 days but recommended us to hold tight on our POO. Also the way I look at our specific situation that either of the above shows an active endeavor to mine this claim, which keeps our claim "active". And as a heads up those that do nothing on a claim may very well be the next target to remove claim owners from their property...and rules, laws and internet links don't mean squat. Off tract but I still remember telling that CHP officer after pulling over because of his flashing red light, me riding a Kawa 750, when he stated " took that turn a little fast (true, I noticed some sparkage from my footpeg) didn't you?" Well of course with a smile on face my responce was "made it didn't I".
Thanks for the reply mendoAu. Just looking for others input. Thanks

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

don't be surprised his loop is on repeat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread