Prospecting from the air project on a low budget?

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can the following be used as a way to prospect from the air with some light equipment?
The following is a link to download a interesting video:
This video is about 4 minutes long but fun to watch.
The Boeing B-29 Superfortress was a four-engine propeller-driven heavy bomber that was flown primarily by the United States in World War II and the Korean War. The B-29 remained in service in various roles throughout the 1950s. 3970 were built between 1943 and 1946.
Homemade B-29 Bomber
This is amazing...! The aircraft runs on four chainsaw engines. You can just imagine how much love, effort, skill, time and money these guys had to have to put into this project....!
The best part is that they launch a Bell X-1 rocket plane that it carries aloft with it..
Go to: http://users.skynet.be/fa926657/files/B29.wmv

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
you should not pass on files from a personal web page, do you know this Hugo Haazen in Belgium.
there has been a rash of trojan's embedded in WMV files that let someone change your pass through
on your firewall to allow unrestricted telnet requests to your Console.
you can check to see who is in control by pressing by pressing Ctrl + F4 at the same time.
Good point. The file has been checked by two people. Plus anyone can check it out before opening.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What kind of equipment can be used from the air for prospecting?
Thanks

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just saw skynet. Ummm NO.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just saw skynet. Ummm NO.
Yes maybe would set the forest or ground on fire and way to fast flying around.
Maybe if the plane was a lot slower and safer could do something?

gravelsucker

Tenderfoot
Feb 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get yourself a recreational pilots license, buy a used ultralight trike and a modified Panasonic Lumix ZS50 12 MP digital camera IR infrared converted by Kolari Vision. This will knock your socks off and put you way ahead of the herd of wannabee's or should have, could have, but didn't! In any event, the air is significantly cleaner and your day will be extraordinarily amazing, then those that are shackled to the ground.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Get yourself a recreational pilots license, buy a used ultralight trike and a modified Panasonic Lumix ZS50 12 MP digital camera IR infrared converted by Kolari Vision. This will knock your socks off and put you way ahead of the herd of wannabee's or should have, could have, but didn't! In any event, the air is significantly cleaner and your day will be extraordinarily amazing, then those that are shackled to the ground.
Sounds good there gravelsucker. What are the costs and maybe the time frame?
Thanks

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prospecting from the air project on a low budget?
v2oejay7a06lcqc2uuf0.gif

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
What kind of equipment can be used from the air for prospecting?
Thanks
The mining industry and our own gubermint uses a system call A.I.S. (air born imaging system ) for searching for oil /gas /and water reserves not only in the U.S.A. but around the world . They started out using these in satellites (Telcom) in the past but now use aircraft to get a location and then have boots on the ground to verify a specific mineral. I read about this while in Alaska in 2000 and have been following this since. OH did I mention it locates gold also. Infact it will locate anything given that they have that minerals specific frequency. Everything has a specific frequency that will respond if that freq. is induced into the ground. NO its not hockus pockus , it does work!

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The mining industry and our own gubermint uses a system call A.I.S. (air born imaging system ) for searching for oil /gas /and water reserves not only in the U.S.A. but around the world . They started out using these in satellites (Telcom) in the past but now use aircraft to get a location and then have boots on the ground to verify a specific mineral. I read about this while in Alaska in 2000 and have been following this since. OH did I mention it locates gold also. Infact it will locate anything given that they have that minerals specific frequency. Everything has a specific frequency that will respond if that freq. is induced into the ground. NO its not hockus pockus , it does work!
Any ideas on the cost and if a small operation can use the system?
Thanks

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Shark skin discovery opens new doors to ultrafast aeroplanes and drones
by Colm Gorey
https://www.siliconrepublic.com/machines/shark-skin-ultra-fast-drones-aircraft
A shark’s natural ability to speed seamlessly through water could help us design next-generation aircraft and drones.
Nature has always inspired engineers to overcome the hurdles of the human body, such as replicating bird flight to create the first aircraft. Now though, we are looking to more subtle aspects of evolution to bring us even greater capabilities.
That is what a team of evolutionary biologists and engineers from Harvard University and the University of South Carolina has done through analysis of the scales of the fastest shark on Earth: the shortfin mako.
In a paper published to the Journal of the Royal Society Interface, the team revealed how it solved a decades-old mystery by looking beyond simply focusing on the drag-reducing properties of the denticles (scales) like many teams had done before.
Instead, the team asked whether the tooth-like scales could actually be more suited to creating lift.
In the case of the shortfin mako, its denticles have three raised ridges like a trident, so, using micro-CT scanning, the researchers imaged and modelled the denticles in three dimensions.
Next, the team 3D-printed the shapes on the surface of a wing with a curved aerodynamic cross-section, known as an airfoil.
“Airfoils are a primary component of all aerial devices,” said August Domel, co-first author of the paper.
“We wanted to test these structures on airfoils as a way of measuring their effect on lift and drag for applications in the design of various aerial devices such as drones, aeroplanes and wind turbines.”

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prospecting tool I'm saving up for; A DJI Phantom 4 drone
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr8UiBMUBJU

get a P3 advanced, unless you have a computer that can process 4k video. The P3 advanced has the better software than the standard and plugs in to your device for better viewing. I used a P3 Standard all last summer out to a mile and as much as 400 meters below take off spot without issue. GREAT video, specifically in the filed.

Just upgraded to t he advance to get out farther but I doubt I'll need it.

ratled

Actual screen captures from the P3 Standard.. which can be had for $400 new

fxMYCOh.png

zLCMRgs.png

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:
OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
get a P3 advanced, unless you have a computer that can process 4k video. The P3 advanced has the better software than the standard and plugs in to your device for better viewing. I used a P3 Standard all last summer out to a mile and as much as 400 meters below take off spot without issue. GREAT video, specifically in the filed.

Just upgraded to t he advance to get out farther but I doubt I'll need it.

ratled

Actual screen captures from the P3 Standard.. which can be had for $400 new

fxMYCOh.png

zLCMRgs.png
Thanks for the tips ratled. A good place to start with.

gravelsucker

Tenderfoot
Feb 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prices for flight training vary by region, time of year and aptitude. A fairly intelligent person will require 20 hours of flight instruction time to help ensure that he/she will not be a danger to himself or others by having basic flight skills. Used trikes are usually from $5-$7.5k or however many bells and whistles the pilot may "need". But, the use of a trike also makes a replenishment of supplies, spare parts, etc. into a remote area a breeze. A good source is https://barnstormers.com/cat.php?mode=search Scroll on the left side of the page to "trikes". Or google "trikes for sale". It's far easier to kick the tires and light the fires, than drive hours over rough terrain to deliver fuel and food.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Prices for flight training vary by region, time of year and aptitude. A fairly intelligent person will require 20 hours of flight instruction time to help ensure that he/she will not be a danger to himself or others by having basic flight skills. Used trikes are usually from $5-$7.5k or however many bells and whistles the pilot may "need". But, the use of a trike also makes a replenishment of supplies, spare parts, etc. into a remote area a breeze. A good source is https://barnstormers.com/cat.php?mode=search Scroll on the left side of the page to "trikes". Or google "trikes for sale". It's far easier to kick the tires and light the fires, than drive hours over rough terrain to deliver fuel and food.
Good to know the ball park figures and thanks for posting gravelsucker.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread