Phoenix / Scottsdale locations to find gold

Tez

Apr 1, 2018
Washington State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone! My name is Chris and I am coming down to the Scottsdale area April 6-11th. I just started going out and looking for gold this year. I have a Grizzly Gold trap and have been out to several rivers so far this year. I would like to find somewhere to go and maybe pan or find someone that wants some help digging for a day. Any ideas??
Thanks Chris

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Chris! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - people may have more success helping you (if necessary)...

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Plenty of gold diggers in Scottsdale.

I would try the GPAA page for Phoenix and see if someone will let you tag along for the weekend up to Morristown or Wickenburg. Not a lot of running water around here though. Maybe try up by Rose and Lynx Creeks.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not much open ground in the Phoenix / Scottsdale area. Mostly private and club claims. Also look for rattlesnakes, as you are coming right at mating season when they are active and aggressive. Temps are starting to creep up now, so stay hydrated. Good Luck!

Attachments

• 912 022.jpg
    912 022.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 49

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scottsdale...Where all the million dollar houses are? Just knock on a door and ask them for gold. Why pan when you can Panhandle! :laughing7:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snotsdale.......... Vacpac behind the jewelry stores and a pan. Think I'm kidding!?!?! There's one that has a turf strip between the parking & sidewalk. Turned a buddy on to it, and we've both done well with earrings, backs, jump rings, & oddball do dads. Hint, don't mind the weird looks you get running a shop vac plugged into your jeep vacuuming the grass. Guess they figure you're WAAYY out there & it's best to just observe you from afar. Ya just gotta have fun with it!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread