Good Gold Or Not?

ProspectorALEX

Apr 14, 2013
Clam Gulch, AK
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT E-series
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, we finally found a decent spot that isn't claimed yet. WP_20180516_10_32_58_Pro.jpg WP_20180516_10_32_58_Pro.jpg What do you all think? It is easy access. We worked for about 8 hours with a gold cube. It was easy classifying and shoveling. The only problem is a water shortage due to the snow melt water being gone now. Also, there are lots of black sands so you have to feed the cube slow. We were considering getting a claim and better equipment if it is worth it.(Couldn't figure out why the pictures were double posting)

Attachments

• WP_20180516_10_35_16_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180516_10_35_16_Pro.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 118
  • WP_20180516_10_34_55_Pro__highres.jpg
    WP_20180516_10_34_55_Pro__highres.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 114
Upvote 0

pczim

Jan 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m aware that most of you are American and I have no clue on what’s commercially viable to you guys. Where I am from this should be around 4g per ton to be worth my while. I’m not sure how you equate a ton to a yard but I certainly would not spend 8 hours to get that amount of gold from the same spot. That’s if you look at it from a commercial perspective. The most amazing thing is you got gold. Maybe worth digging other test holes etc

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive never tried to run yards through a Gold Cube but it IS designed to run "1000lb"per hr from the inventor and manufactuer...

isn't it 1000lbs of cons too?

In the field I don't think it could run 1000lbs of bank run an hour. Even with the trommel set up.

I figure a hi banker with a 1/2 inch grizz will process that much in about twenty minutes tops.

Alex I would be looking for a large used hibanker.

You never mentioned was it creek gravels?

Did you get to bedrock? Your on Kenai aren't you? There's coarse gold down there.

OP
OP
ProspectorALEX

ProspectorALEX

Apr 14, 2013
Clam Gulch, AK
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT E-series
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
isn't it 1000lbs of cons too?

In the field I don't think it could run 1000lbs of bank run an hour. Even with the trommel set up.

I figure a hi banker with a 1/2 inch grizz will process that much in about twenty minutes tops.

Alex I would be looking for a large used hibanker.

You never mentioned was it creek gravels?

Did you get to bedrock? Your on Kenai aren't you? There's coarse gold down there.

I just got around to reading this and getting caught up to everything that has happened since I've posted this. It was beach sand with some large rocks mixed in. IDK if it would even be possible to get to bedrock on the beaches we were on. Even with a highbanker we would have to run slow because of the large amount of black sands in the material.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread