Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Good Gold Or Not?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Apr 2013
    Clam Gulch, AK
    Whites GMT E-series
    131 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwasher View Post
    the cube loses gold when it is fed too quickly like for " production"

it's not what it's made for. Running 2 1/2 yards through it should take forever at the proper feed rate.

A gold Hog or a sluice with large expanded over moss or carpet would run material quicker and catch fine gold.
    we probably were over feeding it. we will get a gold hog once we sell the cube. it is the deal my dad and i made with my mom.

us
    Jun 2013
    El Dorado County
    ROCKING GOLD GRABBER MINI- BGT PROSPECTOR- ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- MILLER TABLE, MULTIPLE SUCKER TUBES, VARIOUS HAND TOOLS, PANS AND CLASSIFERS, FORS GOLD PLUS, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER- DIY ROD MILL
    3178 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Ive never tried to run yards through a Gold Cube but it IS designed to run "1000lb"per hr from the inventor and manufactuer...
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldDoozah View Post
    The fact that homo sapiens teach genetically engineered canines tricks, on the third planet of this particular star in the Milky Way, is extremely unlikely.

us
    Apr 2018
    Western Washington
    Minelab Xterra 705
    21 times
    Prospecting
    I would say not a proper sample. A couple yard sample from a property is will only tell you part of the property's story. I would say not the right equipment for sampling the property or mining the pay on this property. A good highbanker will allow you to run about 15 buckets of 1/2" minus material an hour. This will also allow you to take several 5yd samples from the property to better tell you if the property is worth filing for a claim.

If you are finding that much gold there and having a good time, you are doing it without a claim. It sounds like a great weekend hang out without the financial responsibility of having a claim.
    Oddjob and Clay Diggins like this.

us
    Apr 2018
    Western Washington
    Minelab Xterra 705
    21 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by winners58 View Post
    the gold cube is not really made for production,
    since its fine gold do a cleanup often, guys doing beach mining with pure black sand
    say they do a full clean up after 2 five gallon buckets. One cubic yard is like 45 mostly full buckets.
    build a pond or find a way to get water to use a sluice or high-banker.
    Yards per bucket depends only on the size of the bucket. 26 almost full 5 gallon buckets will equal a yard of material. Here is where things get complicated. There are two types of yards that go through your equipment:

* First, is the yards of property dug. This is used to determine your gold per yard or $ per yard average. After taking out the bigger rocks you may actually put less material through your equipment. For instance there may be 25% of the hole you dig being large cobble. So there may be only 20 buckets of material to run for your 1yd hole.

* Second, is the actual yards of material you physically put through the box. This lets you know how much actual material your equipment will run per hour. So lets say your equipment will run 1yd per hour and your hole is 25% large cobble, a 5yd sample should take a little less than 4 hours to run.

So if you don't classify any of your material and run every rock that will fit in a bucket, only then can you measure the hole you dig by the amount of buckets you run.
    Last edited by Loneprospector; May 21, 2018 at 02:55 PM.
    Oddjob and craig82 like this.

us
    Apr 2015
    Oshkosh, WI
    1363 times
    Sorry, but it's not 26 buckets per yard!

A cubic yard is 27 cubic feet, at 7 gallons per cubic foot. That equals 189 gallons. Divide that by 5 and you get 37.8. So it's 37.8 full 5 gallon buckets per yard.
    Clay Diggins likes this.

us
    Jan 2016
    South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
    F2
    1956 times
    Prospecting
    You can have more than one claim if you find something better later on and you don't have to keep it but it would be protected so no one takes it. If gold prices jump it won't last.

zw
    Jan 2015
    133 times
    I’m aware that most of you are American and I have no clue on what’s commercially viable to you guys. Where I am from this should be around 4g per ton to be worth my while. I’m not sure how you equate a ton to a yard but I certainly would not spend 8 hours to get that amount of gold from the same spot. That’s if you look at it from a commercial perspective. The most amazing thing is you got gold. Maybe worth digging other test holes etc
    Clay Diggins likes this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    11691 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by mytimetoshine View Post
    Ive never tried to run yards through a Gold Cube but it IS designed to run "1000lb"per hr from the inventor and manufactuer...
    isn't it 1000lbs of cons too?

In the field I don't think it could run 1000lbs of bank run an hour. Even with the trommel set up.

I figure a hi banker with a 1/2 inch grizz will process that much in about twenty minutes tops.

Alex I would be looking for a large used hibanker.

You never mentioned was it creek gravels?

Did you get to bedrock? Your on Kenai aren't you? There's coarse gold down there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links