Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Question About Legs for GGT Explorer

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2016
    Tahoe, CA
    Compadre, Gold Racer, White's TRX,Bazooka Gold Trap 24" Sniper,God Hog mats,Grizzly Gold Trap Motherload,MD App,Determination
    204 times
    Prospecting
    Thx K, I am always looking for a better way. Thank you for the suggestion! Yes, I have used this design now for about a year. When the water changes it's easy to grab the cross member, twist the leg and it adjusts. It's too difficult to just try to pull through without the twist. The legs don't seem to move when I shovel dirt or pour from a bucket. Sometimes it settles into the stream gravels. Probably just like any other stand. The OP was concerned about attaching someting to the sidewalls, as was I. This actually supports the side walls as it uses the wedge design to keep it in place. Also, the underneith is supported as well. Not that I'm an engineer, it just came together as an idea for a light weight solution and for speed as I wanted a "stand" instead of bolt on legs so I wouldn't have to disturb the setting. Well, theres my suggestion! By the way, my motherload works really well. I had it in a spot that was not flowing enough to flow over the Grizzlies. I'd say it only made it half way. I ran it anyway because I had no other options. It ran just fine. Sure I cleared some rocks. But I processed more material than I could have with my alluvial sluice. Only minor rock clearing. And, just poured from a bucket. Kept the capture chamber level as I was after sub 50 gold. It caught everything and I was impressed to find out I didnt need full over the grizzlies water to make it work.
    KevinInColorado likes this.

Jun 2017
    157 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinInColorado View Post
    Cool! Maybe add thumbscrews to the leg grippers though. Otherwise they will get loose over time.
    A couple hose clamps would keep anything from moving and you can toss in a few extra for almost no weight penalty.

us
    Soakin' Up the Sunshine

Jun 2014
    Someplace Sunny, California
    Garrett Infinium LS
    231 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by akflyer View Post
    A couple hose clamps would keep anything from moving and you can toss in a few extra for almost no weight penalty.
    OOoooooh! Good call!! Take a small torque screw driver and lanyard it to the legs so you always have a tool for moving/tightening the hose clamps. Home depot here I come!
    KevinInColorado likes this.

us
    Mar 2016
    Tahoe, CA
    Compadre, Gold Racer, White's TRX,Bazooka Gold Trap 24" Sniper,God Hog mats,Grizzly Gold Trap Motherload,MD App,Determination
    204 times
    Prospecting
    Lol, hey, you guys are thinking the same thing I thought. So, when I made this I had 4 hose clamps. 1 for each leg and one of those 4 in 1 screwdrivers without the bit as the inside is the size of the hex nut. It was a great idea. Except, when I had to loosen the clamp AND twist the legs even things out then tighten the clam again times 4!!! I said to heck with that. What's the point of running a fluid bed sluice if it takes 15 min each time ya need to level things out! It turns out, those slip through fittings I have on there are very tight. They don't slip. It's kinda hard to twist them even. So,I dumped the clamps and now it's quick and easy. Twist move done. So, that experiment has been done. Just so ya know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links