Guy from northeast Alabama looking for gold!!

dustyv141

Tenderfoot
Jun 11, 2018
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey guys!!! I been reading on the site almost a year now and finally made a profile so I could post. I'm in the Northeast corner of Alabama. Little bitty town of Pisgah. It's about 30 minutes from Ft. Payne,Al. I'm really interested in prospecting but the closest thing to me is 2-2.5 hours away so I don't get to do alot. I have a six year old that loves playing in the dirt and swimming so he likes going with me. My wife liked the gemstone mining in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee so I want to take to a real place to find them. Is there anyone close to me that has the same interests as I do. I have several pans a homemade classifier and I almost have everything to build my own sluice. Thanks and have a blessed day!!!!

Upvote 0

Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You’re off to a good start!

Like all of us you’ve got the Fever and that’s a good thing!

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
This is the closest known gold location that we have. It's surely private property so you will have to get permission or trace it to the closest bridge just south on rt54 or James Johnson rd. Put the coordinates into Google maps or earth or any map program to find the location.

Attachments

• alabama.PNG
    alabama.PNG
    19.6 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The obvious choice in your area would be the Alabama Gold Camp. Reasonable fees and within driving distance (Lineville, Al).

A little further away is Gold and Gem Grubbin in Cleveland, Georgia. A little more expensive but still reasonable for a family.

Looking in the Land Matters Library Resources I see there are 5 gem and mineral clubs in Alabama and 7 in Georgia.

That should get you started. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is the closest known gold location that we have. It's surely private property so you will have to get permission or trace it to the closest bridge just south on rt54 or James Johnson rd. Put the coordinates into Google maps or earth or any map program to find the location.

8aYuCff.gif

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Six year old and wife ..... best to take Clay's advice . Go to one of those organized
type places . They should be safer and you can probably find a little too . Good Luck .

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Why go to a place where the usgs tested and found gold? or maybe someone wants a verified gold deposit for themself? :dontknow:

OP
OP
D

dustyv141

Tenderfoot
Jun 11, 2018
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I own a tree service so my son is not the average six year old lol. He would go to work today if I would let him. He does things that truly amaze me sometimes!!! My wife is an amazing woman also. She can run a mini excavator and my skid steer and drives the flat bed truck from time to time but above all she is a woman of God and a wonderful mother!!!!! My son and I went to Alabama gold camp one Saturday last month. We got there late in the day and we kinda just rode around and looked everything over and tried to get a feel for the place and try to figure out where the gold would be. I only had time to run about six pans. Next time we go back we will probably stay Friday night and I will have a slucie with me. Thank you everyone for the quick response and helpful info. I didn't expect it to be like that!!! Can I prospect in a state park in Alabama and what permits do I have to have. I have done alot of research on claims and stuff and Alabama does not have a claim system like blm land out west. So if I found some place good what would I do. Thanks again guys and God bless!!!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
“If I found some place (that looked) good what would I do?”

You would ask permission from the land owner to dig on their land.

I strongly recommend you join a LOCAL club. You will learn a lot that way!

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
“If I found some place (that looked) good what would I do?”

You would ask permission from the land owner to dig on their land.

I strongly recommend you join a LOCAL club. You will learn a lot that way!

That ^ and......some members may own property or have contacts that do and allow access to club members.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dustyv141

Tenderfoot
Jun 11, 2018
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok so are there any members on here close to me? How do I go about finding a club near me also? Say the land is on a river. Would get be tva land. I'm ok with asking for permission from land owners. It's the land that is owned by a government that I'm questioning about.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looking in the Land Matters Library Resources I see there are 5 gem and mineral clubs in Alabama and 7 in Georgia.

That should get you started. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

There are two prospecting clubs in Alabama (Lineville and Odenville) and 4 in Georgia. Look in the Library Resources and you will find addresses, contacts and links to their websites.

Heavy Pans

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I was at Alabama Gold Camp years back when they just opened and I had a great time! They have equipment to rent ,cabins to rent , and food stores somewhat close, and GREAT management people!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take a day trip over to Dahlonega, GA and see some of the operations there. Make sure you visit Crisson's Gold Mine. It's a lot of fun, I was there a long time ago. They have a quartz vein they crush the quartz and people can pan it. It will give you a good look-see into how they do it. A lot of places in town also sell supplies.

OP
OP
D

dustyv141

Tenderfoot
Jun 11, 2018
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I really enjoyed Alabama Gold camp. It was very laid back and so were the people. They were also very helpful. We will be going back there when I get our camper fixed. I have been wanting to go to Dahlonega,Ga for a long time. There is also a gemstone mine somewhere in Ga that we want to visit. I want to go to Arkansas to the diamond place and see if I can find a birthstone for our two month old baby girl. Thanks again guys. God bless!!

hbgdisp

Aug 18, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Dusty if want to venture over North of Atlanta I can show you some good public places to pan. Now that the weather is finally cooling down I will be going more frequently.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dustyv141, there is Nothing quite like finding your own gold! Though I would think that finding it while your family is with you, even helping, would make it all the more perfect!

185_8515.JPG It's out there though it is at times work to bring it back from being 'lost' in Ma Nature's country....................63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread