New Sweep Jig video on Youtube....

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There's an old mine along the Utah/Idaho border called the Peg Leg. It was a gold/silver mine, according to BLM's records. I've been there a couple of times before. It's now battle to get the truck in there. The junipers are taking back the two-tracks. I've found some tiny, what I thought was pyrite crystal in there, and thought the Sweep Jig might recover some bigger ones. I ran about an hour at dawn on Sunday. Maybe 15 or 290 gallons of the tailings. The video shows the results. I was rough camping, and woke up about 2:30 Monday morning with rain in my face. Decided to get out of there so I didn't get trapped by a deluge. Got 5 miles down the mountain, and thought to check and see if the junipers had knocked the jig out of the truck...sure enough, it was gone. So, back up the mountain almost to where I'd camped, and there it was. Fortunately, it's tough, and suffered no ill effects. I am curious about the coppery color of what I thought was pyrite. had a knowledgeable guy on another forum say he thought it was chalcopyrite. If anybody has an opinion, I'd like to hear it. There's no mention of copper in that country.

Jim

Upvote 0

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
Now take your cons and heat them up red hot outside and dump them into cold water. Should see some gold if it's in there.

OP
OP
Jim in Idaho

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks! I'll eventually try that. I have some other tests on the cons to do first.
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread