Gold Hog paydirt to the rescue

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just ordered 2 boxes of Gold Hog pay dirt, can't get out due to weather and work, at a possible 1/2 gram of gold per box plus gems, awesome. Great deal, I did the math, for me I find a gram per 4 hours mining and in the old days 6 grams was usual, those days are almost gone here in western Washington unless we get a historic flood. If you add gas and driving time and what I make per hour this is a win win option. Will let you know how it pans out.

Upvote 0

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ah, you left out the part about how much you paid. I can't quite get a final figure calculated without that amount...ha!

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Just under 130$

Water, fuel,food, couple big bottles crown, the trip where Murphy shows up and cost 10 times that.
130 you got off easy and got some gold n gems.

From where I'm setting good deal.
I might try a gem pack ?
Gt...

placertogo

Aug 25, 2010
Maine USA
Just began processing one of the two bags I ordered. It came in bone dry so I classified it down to 1/4" dry, breaking up the clay as much as possible. The oversize rocks are covered with clay so I washed and scrubbed them separately. As I suspected, there was some very fine gold stuck to the rocks by the clay. I then wet down my under 1/4" material and broke up the clay particles wet with a few drops of Jet-Dry. Then I classified again down to 1/8" and continued to break up the clay particles. No gold over 1/8", but as I began rough panning found a goid deal of coarse gold. Pulled out the magnetic black sand with a magnet and set it aside to dry. After dry, I picked out the magnetic black sand again and found super fine gold in the leavings. Lots of gold here and you will be playing with it all winter.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got three bags from Gold Hog for $99 +shipping a couple seasons ago. Two mystery bags and an Alaskan bag. The Alaskan bag did not have much in it at all but for a newbie to panning it was cool to see the contrast in geology and density of material. The mystery bags were supposed to be from GA and had some gems. One decent piece of amethyst, a couple of smokey quartz. Not too much gold but all different sizes and a nice one+ grain flake. No complaints, I got my money's worth.

OP
OP
et1955

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You may want to check out Gold Hogs new video on the new " Georgia Raw Pay dirt " he is selling

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may want to check out Gold Hogs new video on the new " Georgia Raw Pay dirt " he is selling

Yeah, I just looked at their site- Gold Concentrates for Sale

Before there was no guarantee of content, and the stuff I had gotten before had no clay whatsoever. That clay might be a real challenge for those who don't usually encounter clay, but it looks like a good buy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread