Where to pan for gold in Sacramento/Carmichael area?

boatswain

Nov 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, new to the board here. I am a student at UC Davis and have gotten interested in gold panning more. With a bus pass I can travel to the Rancho Cordova/Carmichael area cheaply and would like to know where I can pan for gold there. Several years ago my family went panning for gold in the Auburn Recreational Area a bit further up but the ranger got angry at us for bringing shovels and buckets. Would like to know where we can pan without any trouble.

Upvote 0

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Auburn State Rec area near Colfax

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, new to the board here...
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard boatswain! Take a look at Forum: California for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sad that in California you get chastised for using a shovel to find gold.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got eight -50 specks in a pan out of the ditch in front of my work in Rancho Cordova on Wednesday. You can probably do that well yourself anywhere the bus stops in that city. Check the current regs for the American River Parkway. Plenty of gold in the river there. Good luck.

Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As teenagers we used to pull gold out of the areas where the dredges worked west of Folsom.

Also along Lake Natomas.

Those were some good times!

gldguy1

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hands and pans anywhere near the auburn sra, I would go to bear river campgrounds and day use to look for gold

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread