Latest video on my Youtube channel.

OP
OP
D

danhurd

Nov 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My next video in the gold clean-up series was just posted. Have a look!

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something to try, if you tap your gold towards the riffle side of the pan, you can back wash the black sand and then pan the it out the back side instead of using the sucker.

Reconsolidate and repeat.

You have to drain the water from the gold first. Beware, pickers will slide downward if your not careful. That allows you to not have to use a sucker bottle for the black sand or the sucker for the flour that migrates to the lower portion of the pan.

OP
OP
D

danhurd

Nov 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will do that sometimes. I think I do it in one of these two videos. But what I don't like about that is I have to disturb where the gold has settled and stratify everything after washing off the back side. With the sucker bottle I can just continue if everything is still moving well.

Thanks for your input. I do appreciate feedback.

Dan

OwenT

Feb 11, 2015
Moses Lake WA & Provo UT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good to see you found your way to the forum! I watched a lot of your videos when I started out prospecting a few years ago and it really helped me a lot, especially to develop my panning technique. Could say that it was becasue of your videos that I found my first gold!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My next video in the gold clean-up series was just posted. Have a look!

Very nice camera work. But...More than 10 minutes for that one pan? Keep working on your tools and technique my friend; you still have much to learn.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread