Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Grizzly gold trap pricing

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2012
    Idaho
    Gold Hog Stream Sluice
    908 times
    Prospecting
    wildminer, keep in mind that both of them were singing the praises not long ago.
    Asmbandits and wildminer like this.
    Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you SHOULD.
    Visit my Idaho Gold Prospecting Blog at Bedrock or Bust
    US Army Pacific 1969-1971
    2015 Stroke Survivor
    2016 Cancer Survivor
    2017 2nd Stroke Survivor
    2018 Pacemaker Recipient
    Every Day Is A Beautiful Day

MAGA

Dec 2015
    Oregon Coast
    719 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Underburden View Post
    wildminer, keep in mind that both of them were singing the praises not long ago.

us
    May 2014
    AZ
    Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and /home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
    2741 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by wildminer View Post
    Dang, so how much is my mini worth now? It's just gathering dust along with the sniper. I've just used my GGT a couple times, haven't found much except for a few specks with it, but that was expected because of the location. However the GGT will be my go to fluid bed sluice. The specks of gold were in the riffles on the deck.
    I would wager that many prospective buyers do not read this forum so do not know of the negative reviews from those in the know from start to finish...pick a reasonable price for your mini and advertise on ebay and you may get some bites.
    Last edited by arizau; Jan 20, 2019 at 06:20 PM.
    If it can't be grown, it must be mined!

MAGA

Dec 2015
    Oregon Coast
    719 times
    Prospecting
    No hurry, but I'll tell ya' if I trip over one of them sometime I'll be the one to break and not the sluice! Mine are not flimsy in any way.
    Goldwasher likes this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    11216 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Dang, so how much is my mini worth now? It's just gathering dust along with the sniper. I've just used my GGT a couple times, haven't found much except for a few specks with it, but that was expected because of the location. However the GGT will be my go to fluid bed sluice. The specks of gold were in the riffles on the deck.
    put it on craigslist for twenty bucks more than original retail it will sell.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    11216 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    No hurry, but I'll tell ya' if I trip over one of them sometime I'll be the one to break and not the sluice! Mine are not flimsy in any way.
    its too bad that the GGT's arent as strong
    wildminer and Asmbandits like this.

us
    Jan 2015
    San Francisco, Ca
    130 times
    Prospecting
    When bazooka was still in business, no one ever said the mini sucked. I just kept reading that BGT, as a whole capture ALL the gold. It was mentioned that people who were testing their tailings for lost gold were wasting their time. The mini was never singled out of the pack as a non performer. I bought one because of the portability for prospecting and being able to stuff it in a backpack, not based on a price point. My bazooklone prospector catches the gold, but is quite a beast to bust brush with.
    Underburden and wildminer like this.

us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10313 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwasher View Post
    its too bad that the GGT's arent as strong
    The only GGT still being built is the largest and it certainly IS as strong!
    russau likes this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    11216 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by mofugly13 View Post
    When bazooka was still in business, no one ever said the mini sucked. I just kept reading that BGT, as a whole capture ALL the gold. It was mentioned that people who were testing their tailings for lost gold were wasting their time. The mini was never singled out of the pack as a non performer. I bought one because of the portability for prospecting and being able to stuff it in a backpack, not based on a price point. My bazooklone prospector catches the gold, but is quite a beast to bust brush with.

uh when it was in Biz I was there and I definetly said the mini sucked.. on the forums. cause it does.

I did say to check your tailings if you wanted with the bigger boxes that they have pretty much the same capture rate as any 3ft sluice.

The mini loses gold
    KevinInColorado likes this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    11216 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    I praise when deserves it.

The GGT works.. it is not as strong as bazookas. the newr generation of the ggt with the better glue is pretty good.

The one I got had a warped deck.. cracked glue and the tubes came out..I only used it like 5-6 times before I couldn't any more.

I wish none of those things were true. But they are.
    Asmbandits likes this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    11216 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    I also want to say that the new aspects of the GGT if it was a really beefy box . Make it better than the Bazooka
    KevinInColorado likes this.

us
    Apr 2017
    Galt, CA
    139 times
    Prospecting
    GW -

Now in another non-related post about Bazooka and GGT sluices the Aurora gets negatively mentioned again. Im pretty easy going and dont like having to come on these threads and defend my product.

Either you really have something against me or you just cant help yourself not sure which or why.

In your May 25, 2017 post:

I'm sure by now you think I have a personal bent against you

And later in the same post: I have never used your sluices. I have seen them run. I have held them and inspected them. You and I talked about them in Sonora for about fifteen minutes.

Now in this post you say you have tried it and it is tied for the worst. Has anything changed since May 2017?

I ended the last thread by saying I would meet you anywhere and run a days worth of dirt I said by the end of the day I bet youd change your mind. If nothing else Im sure it would be a day that we would both learn something, especially me.

Offer is still out there. Im about an hour and a half from your area and retired. I can easily fit or change my schedule to accommodate a days run. And of course you can keep the goldCall it payment for the learning experience of working with a professional.

Im also asking that you keep Aurora (or AMP) out of non-related threads. If you want to start a thread about Aurora sluices and debate the invention Im in.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    11216 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinInColorado View Post
    The only GGT still being built is the largest and it certainly IS as strong!
    not as strong as the prospector. the plastic is thinner and has been heated and stretched.

it definetly works but, can't be handled as roughly as a bazooka

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    11216 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP_KBell View Post
    GW -

Now in another non-related post about Bazooka and GGT sluices the Aurora gets negatively mentioned again. I’m pretty easy going and don’t like having to come on these threads and defend my product.

Either you really have something against me or you just can’t help yourself – not sure which or why.

In your May 25, 2017 post:

“I'm sure by now you think I have a personal bent against you…”

And later in the same post: “…I have never used your sluices. I have seen them run. I have held them and inspected them. You and I talked about them in Sonora for about fifteen minutes.”

Now in this post you say you have tried it and it is tied for the worst. Has anything changed since May 2017?

I ended the last thread by saying I would meet you anywhere and run a day’s worth of dirt – I said by the end of the day I bet you’d change your mind. If nothing else I’m sure it would be a day that we would both learn something, especially me.

Offer is still out there. I’m about an hour and a half from your area and retired. I can easily fit or change my schedule to accommodate a day’s run. And of course you can keep the gold…Call it payment for the learning experience of working with a professional.

I’m also asking that you keep Aurora (or AMP) out of non-related threads. If you want to start a thread about Aurora sluices and debate the invention I’m in.

Jeez kevin I love Gold Hog and also say the Hog Pan sucks.

I have used your sluice as of now and it is tied with the Mini as my last favorite I've ever tried.

The guy who owned it said he made a mistake after we went to the river together. When he saw I could run more through a drop riffle.

i never mentioned that i didn't like it. He set up I set up. After two hours he was helping me dig and feed my sluice. Be cause the amp was too slow mainly because he was classifying because he thought he needed to. He wanted to know how I had moved so much more dirt.

I don't have to adjust my opinion because you don't agree .I am not the only one who feels that way about the Amp.

It isn't personal your just gonna have to get over it.

Prices on the "market" are value related. I'm giving my insight on what attributes actually give a sluice "value"

my comments were not an attack.

us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10313 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwasher View Post
    not as strong as the prospector. the plastic is thinner and has been heated and stretched.

it definetly works but, can't be handled as roughly as a bazooka
    GGT is no longer building the models with the thinner, heated/molded plastic. Those models were terminated when the molds broke last year.
    Goldwasher likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links