Grizzly gold trap pricing

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mofugly13

Jan 30, 2015
San Francisco, Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When bazooka was still in business, no one ever said the mini sucked. I just kept reading that BGT, as a whole capture ALL the gold. It was mentioned that people who were testing their tailings for lost gold were wasting their time. The mini was never singled out of the pack as a non performer. I bought one because of the portability for prospecting and being able to stuff it in a backpack, not based on a price point. My bazooklone prospector catches the gold, but is quite a beast to bust brush with.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When bazooka was still in business, no one ever said the mini sucked. I just kept reading that BGT, as a whole capture ALL the gold. It was mentioned that people who were testing their tailings for lost gold were wasting their time. The mini was never singled out of the pack as a non performer. I bought one because of the portability for prospecting and being able to stuff it in a backpack, not based on a price point. My bazooklone prospector catches the gold, but is quite a beast to bust brush with.

uh when it was in Biz I was there and I definetly said the mini sucked.. on the forums. cause it does.

I did say to check your tailings if you wanted with the bigger boxes that they have pretty much the same capture rate as any 3ft sluice.

The mini loses gold

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I praise when deserves it.

The GGT works.. it is not as strong as bazookas. the newr generation of the ggt with the better glue is pretty good.

The one I got had a warped deck.. cracked glue and the tubes came out..I only used it like 5-6 times before I couldn't any more.

I wish none of those things were true. But they are.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also want to say that the new aspects of the GGT if it was a really beefy box . Make it better than the Bazooka

SRP_KBell

Apr 4, 2017
Galt, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GW -

Now in another non-related post about Bazooka and GGT sluices the Aurora gets negatively mentioned again. I’m pretty easy going and don’t like having to come on these threads and defend my product.

Either you really have something against me or you just can’t help yourself – not sure which or why.

In your May 25, 2017 post:

“I'm sure by now you think I have a personal bent against you…”

And later in the same post: “…I have never used your sluices. I have seen them run. I have held them and inspected them. You and I talked about them in Sonora for about fifteen minutes.”

Now in this post you say you have tried it and it is tied for the worst. Has anything changed since May 2017?

I ended the last thread by saying I would meet you anywhere and run a day’s worth of dirt – I said by the end of the day I bet you’d change your mind. If nothing else I’m sure it would be a day that we would both learn something, especially me.

Offer is still out there. I’m about an hour and a half from your area and retired. I can easily fit or change my schedule to accommodate a day’s run. And of course you can keep the gold…Call it payment for the learning experience of working with a professional.

I’m also asking that you keep Aurora (or AMP) out of non-related threads. If you want to start a thread about Aurora sluices and debate the invention I’m in.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only GGT still being built is the largest and it certainly IS as strong!
not as strong as the prospector. the plastic is thinner and has been heated and stretched.

it definetly works but, can't be handled as roughly as a bazooka

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GW -

Now in another non-related post about Bazooka and GGT sluices the Aurora gets negatively mentioned again. I’m pretty easy going and don’t like having to come on these threads and defend my product.

Either you really have something against me or you just can’t help yourself – not sure which or why.

In your May 25, 2017 post:

“I'm sure by now you think I have a personal bent against you…”

And later in the same post: “…I have never used your sluices. I have seen them run. I have held them and inspected them. You and I talked about them in Sonora for about fifteen minutes.”

Now in this post you say you have tried it and it is tied for the worst. Has anything changed since May 2017?

I ended the last thread by saying I would meet you anywhere and run a day’s worth of dirt – I said by the end of the day I bet you’d change your mind. If nothing else I’m sure it would be a day that we would both learn something, especially me.

Offer is still out there. I’m about an hour and a half from your area and retired. I can easily fit or change my schedule to accommodate a day’s run. And of course you can keep the gold…Call it payment for the learning experience of working with a professional.

I’m also asking that you keep Aurora (or AMP) out of non-related threads. If you want to start a thread about Aurora sluices and debate the invention I’m in.

Jeez kevin I love Gold Hog and also say the Hog Pan sucks.

I have used your sluice as of now and it is tied with the Mini as my last favorite I've ever tried.

The guy who owned it said he made a mistake after we went to the river together. When he saw I could run more through a drop riffle.

i never mentioned that i didn't like it. He set up I set up. After two hours he was helping me dig and feed my sluice. Be cause the amp was too slow mainly because he was classifying because he thought he needed to. He wanted to know how I had moved so much more dirt.

I don't have to adjust my opinion because you don't agree .I am not the only one who feels that way about the Amp.

It isn't personal your just gonna have to get over it.

Prices on the "market" are value related. I'm giving my insight on what attributes actually give a sluice "value"

my comments were not an attack.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
not as strong as the prospector. the plastic is thinner and has been heated and stretched.

it definetly works but, can't be handled as roughly as a bazooka

GGT is no longer building the models with the thinner, heated/molded plastic. Those models were terminated when the molds broke last year.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GGT is no longer building the models with the thinner, heated/molded plastic. Those models were terminated when the molds broke last year.

I did just see Mytimetoshines Mid size model.. Much better glue.. it still seemed thinner.

I preferred the lighter weight Prospector to the thicker one cause I felt the lighter was strong enough.

I am glad that Dennis is hanging on and keeping one in production.

There only needs to be one size.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread