Traveling to Tulare, looking for public spot to prospect for gold! Freely.

Trigunzz

Jan 14, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello first time posting and first time I'll be trying to hit the pay load, if been watching a lot of YouTube videos with my buddie and we want to try pening for a bit of gold, we will be heading up to Tulare in Kurn county for a wedding and a gathering for the wives family, wanted to get away from the family looking for some insight on the area for public spot to prospect for free, curious about kings river but am open to other options, I'm from Santa Barbaracounty. Cheers! And Thanks for the insight! I'll be heading up north on 2/22/19

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello first time posting...
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Trigunzz! I am sure a member(s) will pipe in shortly...

A

Audozer

You aren’t going to find gold in Tulare. Years ago when I was a kid my dad took me to lake kaweah just for some practice with the gold pans, after a few hours of pulling handfuls of gravel from crevices we found a spec of color. If you want to get into an area that has real potential I’d start looking at the hills well north of fresno

RobertF

Jan 19, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You aren’t going to find gold in Tulare. Years ago when I was a kid my dad took me to lake kaweah just for some practice with the gold pans, after a few hours of pulling handfuls of gravel from crevices we found a spec of color. If you want to get into an area that has real potential I’d start looking at the hills well north of fresno

There is gold in the Kaweah, above the reservoir, nothing amazing, but it's pretty much all private property, so good luck with access.

If you're coming up from the south up to Tulare, you can stop at Hart Park in northeast Bakersfield and drop a sluicebox in there. Plenty of flood gold in the top 6" of the cobble.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your best bet is the Kern river in Bakersfield.Above Tulare it is all solid granite mountains basically a cap over all gold bearing material.You could travel up to Fresno below Millerton at the old bridge but it is all microscopic gold there.North of Fresno is your best bet for any gold.

OP
OP
T

Trigunzz

Jan 14, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone I'll be sure to share my finds and where I find myself

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions